A little perspective, please

AURex

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, weagl1 said:

Really proud of this team.

Me too.. they could have mailed it in after the disastrous LSU coaching melt down but they stuck together.. got better.. and beat UGA and Bama.. and won the west. Couldn't be prouder of them. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

He is going to have to get close to that. Arkansas is about to throw a ton of money at him

Law of Diminishing Returns?

Ga was fired up. AU ran out of steam . Credit to the dawgs. Flat whipped us . 

I appreciate the players and staff for the hard work. I could point this and that out and talk trash, but these boys played hard and ga just wanted it more . AU fans take a deep breath . 

10 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

It will get ugly tonight. We just obliterated Bama. Can’t take that away from Gus. Also the people calling for Gus to be gone because the offense stunk will be the same ones that praised Lindsey for how great the offense has looked. 

We just got outplayed today, that simple. 

yep, can't hang this one on coaching....there were plenty of opportunities to score points, had numerous missed tackles, injuries,etc...one damn thing that does chap my ass is that the backup RB's and QB hardly ever get any experience in games that are out of hand...why the hell was stidham in there on the last drive tonight instead of willis?...boggles my mind

Too me, the future is brighter than it has even been. If the coaches stay in place and we get healthy players back, next year could be awesome. I think that Gus will take a lot of these factors in to consideration as he contemplates his next move. War Eagle, ALWAYS !!!

I hope he stays, but would like to see if the contract extension and pay raise could be delayed until after the Bowl game. Would like to see if he can beat another good team on a neutral field.

Probably will not happen if Ark is in the mix.

19 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

In most years, I wouldn't mind Gus leaving if he wants, cause he's not exactly an elite coach. His game planning and execution has always seemed sub-par, and I think at this point just about any coach could recruit well to Auburn, however the pool of coaching candidates this year is very dry and I think Gus leaving would put us in a position where we couldn't really find a slam dunk "better" coach, and at worse we would have to take a chance on an unproven coordinator.

Lost your cred with the "planning & execution ALWAYS sub par" part. You have a very short memory.

16 minutes ago, tigerfangs said:

Trap games are a real thing coming off big games. What if 3 out of 4 weeks you have to play #1 or a previous #1! Hard to keep intensity. Top off the fumbles and missed fg, and it's almost impossible. 

Killer to be honest. Loosing by 21 is tough to swallow. Calling the SEC championship a trap game is a stretch.

If he wants to head to Fayetteville, let him. He keeps talking about how bright the future is at Auburn but yet he is contemplating a possible move to Arkansas. Then go and wear your sweater vests with your hog hat.

I we were beat today because we have no RB depth. We can’t let that happen again if this is running back u. If Pettway was suspended instead of injured I hope he is dismissed. 

It has been a really good year and we were close to having a great year. I hate to give bama credit for anything  but playing them last week had as much to do with losing today as anything. We looked like a tired team to me and with a less then 100% KJ it was to much to over come. We got whipped in the trenches all game and I think it was from playing such a tough game last week. I know it will never happen but I wish we could play the turds earlier in the season and have a easy game the week before the sec championship.

perspective?.....man you've come to the wrong place if you expect to see much of that on this site....

I'm down by couple td's in the 4th, and can see no chance of pulling up some momentum, I'm throwing in the, ahem, redshirt kitchen sink. Gus does not and will not do this. Also- he will not have a team ready in September. But given all that----we failed to execute tonight, can't hang it on the coach. I'm just watching from here. Love the guy but, danged if you do, danged if you don't

6 minutes ago, madkat7 said:

Killer to be honest. Loosing by 21 is tough to swallow. Calling the SEC championship a trap game is a stretch.

I'm not, coming off a big game emotions are different and a lesser team can win. My point is keeping a high motor for 3/4 weeks is tough. 

I've wanted him gone for a while but I think he's earned my patience. But he'd better learn to prepare his back ups like starters. We really didn't trust anyone else to carry the load and got whooped in the trenches. Now let's buck up and go get ready for another bowl game against Wisconsin.... again.

Archived