Official Postgame thread

TAYLORKEETON

3 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

About which part?  He could get beat out by Gateway. If he doesn't he will likely improve his stock over what it is right now. Maybe not much, but I'd bet he atleast starts making better decisions which would improve his stock. Of course he may lose 6 games next year so who knows

JS will be our starter next year, but he has some substantial growth that needs to be had, if he dreams of ever being considered for the Heisman.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, WarEagleFromHoover said:

As we should , we’re invested fans 

You can be an invested fan and still have perspective.  I live 1,000 miles from AU but attended four games this year.  I love AU too, but it doesn't mean I'm going berserk after every loss.

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

Are you implying that fans that can’t get hyped about a 12:30 Peach Bowl game against UCF aren’t invested? 

I would make that argument because I’m an Auburn fan and i don’t care who were playing I want to win.

And that’s for every Single sport 

11 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

And to most folks, that's a monster overreaction.  You think people were calling for Saban's head after they lost to Utah?  Or Oklahoma with Bob Stoops and the myriad of big games he lost?

Again, and this is a personal thing, I just have a hard time getting worked about a bowl game.  If this were September, I'd be furious.  But as it stands, the only reason to go to non-playoff bowl game as a fan is if the destination is somewhere fun (like NOLA last year).  And once there, I just want to party.  If we win, great, but it's not a big deal either way.

Gus hasn’t had a great postseason performance yet though 

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Our OL is actually terrible 

Was my fear going into the year... And my fear going into next year. With the secondary. 

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

You can be an invested fan and still have perspective.  I live 1,000 miles from AU but attended four games this year.  I love AU too, but it doesn't mean I'm going be zero after every loss.

Well of course 

But Auburn losing to UCF deserves an reaction 

13 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

This bowl means nothing. Move on.

That is the biggest bunch of lies and ish I have seen from you. Come on clayton. WTH man?! That is a defeatist attitude I see way to often from AU fans. Always trying to rationalize.  HELL YAH IT MATTERS!!! It matters because we finished the year with a loss. It matters because this continues the negative trend of the program on and off the field (recruiting) since the sec title game. 11-3 with a win in a new years 6 game is as good as it gets for a team not in the playoff. 10-4 is ugly. 1 win away from the usual 5 losses gus usually gives us. The last 2 losses basically erases all the great memories, great wins and goodwill from amen corner. It basically feels like it did not happen. I know perception is that it did not happen now. I wanted some much needed recruiting momentum going in to NSD but nope just a frustrating loss against a team we should of dominated at the LOS.

Just now, WarEagleFromHoover said:

I would make that argument because I’m an Auburn fan and i don’t care who were playing I want to win.

And that’s for every Single sport 

I wanted to win, but I’m not going to lose my mind because of a loss like some here. 

Would love to hear some of the real coaches on this board weigh in.  It looked like our OL got totally dominated.  How does that happen against UCF?  I think the team was not prepared to play.  Really didn't want to be here.  That's where the HC has to come up with a way to motivate.  We were not motivated today.  So do we have some poor coaching or do we just not have a coach that can motivate?  Or both?  Looked similar to AU football games over Gus' career.  I have no idea how this team beat UGA and bammer.

Stidham has the skills, and he has the play makers around him.  What he needs is better development and play designs ( and a reasonable OL). Not sure he is gonna get that with Gus and company.

One man is paid 7 MILLION a year to make sure players are motivated and prepared to compete in a bowl game they don't care about. No player is paid to execute. No fan is paid to show up and cheer. This isn't year one for Malzahn and it's far from the first time his teams have shown up looking unmotivated, unprepared and were ultimately outplayed by teams with far less talent. We're stuck with him now, though...and he and his agent know it well.

O-Line has talent but they are missing that nasty streak that they had with Grimes, IMO. Herb Hand seems very knowledgeable and I do believe our boys have learned a great deal from him in terms of knowledge, but something is lacking. CLEARLY.

In defense of JS I will remind folks again that he  is just barely more than a freshman and has not played even a year and a half of Div 1 football.    He is not a real DT quarterback despite the occasional good run and the dreamers who saw  him headed to the NFL after this season either don't know much about the NFL or else, have never taken a critical look at his play.   He definitely has a good arm but he fattened up his completion stats with those quick outs to Davis and others. 

He basically got the job by default this year..... but I'm thinking that won't be the case next year.  He probably will get the job but I don't think it's certain....and if not, Clayton we are gonna miss you. 

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Gus hasn’t had a great postseason performance yet though 

He's only played in one post-season game that matters (unless you include the SECCG, which is fair).

Just now, johnnyAU said:

Stidham has the skills, and he has the play makers around him.  What he needs is better development and play designs. Not sure he is gonna get that with Gus and company.

That is what scares me...Lindsey better be able to develop a QB or JS better have a great personal QB coach.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

I have one.  It's "meh"

That's how I feel about our team and coaches. 

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

I wanted to win, but I’m not going to lose my mind because of a loss like some here. 

This is only in the moment I’m sure they’ll be over it soon 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

JS will be our starter next year, but he has some substantial growth that needs to be had, if he dreams of ever being considered for the Heisman.

or the NFL, which should be the big driver for him. Lot's of money in him living up to his potential on the field. And before anyone says it, yes I know his name was tied to the nfl this year, but for all that hype he was only list as the 12th best prospect. That was also before his 3 turnover day today. 

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

He's only played in one post-season game that matters (unless you include the SECCG, which is fair).

If the players poop the bed so what, you telling me the coach is under performing year in and year out? Intentionally? Bad habits 

Archived