Auburn Lost a Good One on Tuesday

Warbird82

Mods,

I don't quite know how best to get this information out so if you need to move it I understand.  I've been a long time member of AU Family and before the merger, AE.  Its with a heavy heart that I wanted to let the Auburn Family know that my Mom passed on Tuesday.  I knew her as Mom, but most of you may have known her as "Patsy from Center Point"...yes, that Patsy, the one who sparred with Paul Finebaum daily when his Birmingham radio show was just beginning and for years to follow.  What most don’t know is that she was an antagonist early in Paul’s career at the Birmingham Post-Herald.  Paul, for a long time, had a photo of Patsy taped to his computer monitor at the BPH labeled “my favorite Auburn fan”.  Mom really enjoyed sparring with him on air and with her pen and Paul was happy to reciprocate.

More importantly, her relationship with AU football players from the late 70’s thru the early 2000’s is her greatest AU legacy. She called them all “her boys” and they all greeted her as “Miss Patsy”.  She loved them all no matter what happened on the field and mothered them when they were down as a surrogate mom.

Mods, I send you this because I know some of "her boys" are members here. We’ll have a memorial service on January 20 in Center Point, AL...as was her want...no funeral, just a celebration of Patsy’s life.  PM me for details on the service if you want.

Thanks from our entire family.

War Eagle!

--Warbird82

My condolences and prayers to you and your family. May God be a comforter during your bereavement time.

Sorry to hear sir I lost my Mom back in July. She was a WW2 nurse with the British Red Cross who took care of the allied solders. I know what a rough time you are going through. May God bless you, and your family.

May you know God's peace as you deal with the loss of your Mother.

So very sorry for your loss. May God Bless and strengthen you and your Family. Prayers. 

Very sorry for your loss sir.  You and your family will be in our prayers.

Sorry to hear that about your Mom. But I will say she made many of us smile and laugh with her digs to Paul..and her passion she showed on the radio...We needed that sometimes when we listened to PF....

Heard her many times talking to Paul. So sorry to hear this, Warbird. Sincere condolences.

God bless your family and give you the comfort that only he can give us when we lose a loved one. I pray that your sorrows will turn to smiles and wonderful memories of all she gave you and your family.

Archived