Over-Confident Hogs in for a Rude Awakening

tigeraddikt

If you click the link and scroll down to the Arkansas write-up, there's an image of an Arkansas twitter feed from a couple days ago. That tweet-master sure seems confident. Do they have a chance to beat Auburn? Absolutely. But IT'S HARD TO WIN ON THE ROAD IN THE SEC. I for one think that we will dispatch of the Hogs with ease on Saturday, behind a hall of fame coach and a raucous Auburn Arena. We close games out superbly; now, we could have a trend-breaker of a game, with an injury, ejection, or just unexpected poor shooting or something, but we didn't shoot great Tuesday ON THE ROAD and still willed-out the win at crunch-time. I think we'll be clicking, feeding off the home crowd buzz, and overwhelm Arkansas. In fact, I would be utterly shocked if we lost this game.

Get ready to be 1-2 in the SEC, Piggies.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2018-01-04/top-20-college-basketball-teams-were-unranked-start-season

I think we will win but Arkansas is no slouch they play hard just like we do and have more size. I do believe home court will help but there are not many easy SEC games this year whether at home or away. We need to keep playing with the chip on our shoulder.

I don't think Arkansas is going to come in Auburn overconfident especially they had lost their game against Mississippi State.

It'll be a dogfight, and I hope we come out on top.

18 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

I don't think Arkansas is going to come in Auburn overconfident especially they had lost their game against Mississippi State.

It'll be a dogfight, and I hope we come out on top.

totally agree. Ark is now more focused bc they lost that game...

I never think a team is overconfident when they are on the road for an SEC game...

It will be a dogfight...

1 hour ago, tigeraddikt said:

If you click the link and scroll down to the Arkansas write-up, there's an image of an Arkansas twitter feed from a couple days ago. That tweet-master sure seems confident. Do they have a chance to beat Auburn? Absolutely. But IT'S HARD TO WIN ON THE ROAD IN THE SEC. I for one think that we will dispatch of the Hogs with ease on Saturday, behind a hall of fame coach and a raucous Auburn Arena. We close games out superbly; now, we could have a trend-breaker of a game, with an injury, ejection, or just unexpected poor shooting or something, but we didn't shoot great Tuesday ON THE ROAD and still willed-out the win at crunch-time. I think we'll be clicking, feeding off the home crowd buzz, and overwhelm Arkansas. In fact, I would be utterly shocked if we lost this game.

Get ready to be 1-2 in the SEC, Piggies.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2018-01-04/top-20-college-basketball-teams-were-unranked-start-season

I like your optimism, but nothing that happens in the SEC will shock me. Arkansas has 3 impact players who shoot over 40% from 3. They have played well before in Auburn Arena. They are a senior-laden team. They play a similar style to us and like to press and pressure defensively more than we do. 

I think we have the advantage in a couple of key areas. We shoot FTs much better than them, and right now, we're a better rebounding team that isn't going to be at a height disadvantage in this game. Because of those two factors, I think we can win this game. If we shoot well from 3, I think we can win handily. But I think Arkansas will be the best team we've played so far, better than Tennessee. And we will have our work cut out for us to win this game.

lets hope a close OT game vs Utenn and a close away loss to Miss St ... then an away game against an uptempo, tenacious Auburn team will wear on them mentally and physically.  A raucous evening home crowd would definitely help particularly if we are hitting shots early.  I was impressed how we ran the floor against Tenn.  I felt like Tenn was trying to up them tempo and get quick break baskets ... then I believe we out did them in that regard.  Hope a similar game plan at home will take arky's legs.

Tennessee was a great win but they have been blowing leads all season. If we fall behind big early and have an off shooting night it will be much more difficult to come back vs Arky IMO

14 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

Told ya.

I’m glad you were right. You set yourself up for egg in the face if wrong.

Archived