Hugh Freeze

RunInRed

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

It's the same way I view members of Congress. Most of these guys are talented, but none of them would have gotten here without unrelenting ambition. It shouldn't surprise any of us to find out what goes in behind closed doors, but damn if they don't sell themselves in a way that has us believing something else. 

Marcus Aurelius hired a servant to walk behind him and every time a citizen or follower would bow or praise him, the servant would whisper in Aurelius' ear, "You're just a man, you're just a man." 

Never heard that before. My goodness. Even if it's not true, I give mad props to whoever came up with the story. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Agreed. I don't think folks always realize what kind of single-mindedness it takes for most of these guys to succeed at the level they do. ...... These guys want to win more than the average joe wants anything. 

I get it.

It's like me heading to the Beer Fridge one more time on game day.  My wife tells me I've had enough, but I WON'T be denied.

Then, later I'm on probation and have to walk the line until the penalty is lifted...

I understand these guys completely.  :beer2:

6 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I get it.

It's like me heading to the Beer Fridge one more time on game day.  My wife tells me I've had enough, but I WON'T be denied.

Then, later I'm on probation and have to walk the line until the penalty is lifted...

I understand these guys completely.  :beer2:

Naileded it. *hiccup*

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

These guys want to win more than the average joe wants anything. 

That's the thing that makes me shake my head the most about a lot of the negative conspiracy theories floated around here. They totally disregard the fact that this applies to every football coach, even ours.  Ours just seems to be a little less willing to cheat to do it than most... of course, that could be driven by our compliance office more than him.

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

That's the thing that makes me shake my head the most about a lot of the negative conspiracy theories floated around here. They totally disregard the fact that this applies to every football coach, even ours.  Ours just seems to be a little less willing to cheat to do it than most... of course, that could be driven by our compliance office more than him.

Some people lack imagination. Just saying. 

bammer and the REC is no conspiracy theory. I have said it over and over....there are posters here who have witnessed things and have first hand knowledge of how it all works. There is a rape case and a murder case that are in the public realm thanks to Donald Watkins, and it highlights perfectly how the REC works. There was well documented evidence presented to the NCAA on bammer that was completely ignored. T-Town Menswear is a perfect example of the corrupt bammer way of life. You may not be able to see it or understand it for whatever reason but it is very real and has been a cancer on the state of Alabama in many ways. Just ask UAB about the BOT and how many times they have been openly sabotaged. 

Quite frankly it's not hard to see unless you just refuse to open your eyes. In the last 10 years they have been pretty open about everything they do because there has been no one who would do anything about it. 

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

bammer and the REC is no conspiracy theory. I have said it over and over....there are posters here who have witnessed things and have first hand knowledge of how it all works. There is a rape case and a murder case that are in the public realm thanks to Donald Watkins, and it highlights perfectly how the REC works. There was well documented evidence presented to the NCAA on bammer that was completely ignored. T-Town Menswear is a perfect example of the corrupt bammer way of life. You may not be able to see it or understand it for whatever reason but it is very real and has been a cancer on the state of Alabama in many ways. Just ask UAB about the BOT and how many times they have been openly sabotaged. 

Quite frankly it's not hard to see unless you just refuse to open your eyes. In the last 10 years they have been pretty open about everything they do because there has been no one who would do anything about it. 

Not sure how you missed my point, but I was talking about the Gus conspiracy theories... like he landed a big contract, so he isn't coaching as hard, or he coached harder against teams to save his job, or he doesn't play certain players because of whatever reason that has nothing to do with their ability on the field, etc. The point is, he like every other coach in the sport, wants to win above all else, so he's not going to do anything to intentionally sabotage that goal.

As mentioned before, I totally am with you on the REC. I've seen the footprints and paper trails. 

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

Not sure how you missed my point, but I was talking about the Gus conspiracy theories... like he landed a big contract, so he isn't coaching as hard, or he coached harder against teams to save his job, or he doesn't play certain players because of whatever reason that has nothing to do with their ability on the field, etc. The point is, he like every other coach in the sport, wants to win above all else, so he's not going to do anything to intentionally sabotage that goal.

As mentioned before, I totally am with you on the REC. I've seen the footprints and paper trails. 

Sorry where was Gus mentioned in a conspiracy? Thought we were talking about bammer and Hugh Freeze. I am obviously totally confused by your conversation.

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

Sorry where was Gus mentioned in a conspiracy? Thought we were talking about bammer and Hugh Freeze. I am obviously totally confused by your conversation.

Loof mentioned that every coach wants to win bad... really bad. So I brought up how that fact flies in the face of a lot of the Gus conspiracies around here that he's got all these other agendas. It was a tangent... sorry for the confusion.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Loof mentioned that every coach wants to win bad... really bad. So I brought up how that fact flies in the face of a lot of the Gus conspiracies around here that he's got all these other agendas. It was a tangent... sorry for the confusion.

Oh okay. Sorry I was looking at it in a different context! Maybe too much hot tea with lemon and honey....gotta cut back.

Just read on Twitter that the SEC offices blocked Missouri from hiring Freeze. Be interesting to see if they allow little Nicky.

55 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

First hand knowledge is not imagination. Just saying.

I'm sorry, I'm completely confused by this comment. 

I was musing with lionheart that Gus may not cheat as much as other coaches because he lacks the imagination necessary to get away with it. Sorry if you thought it was directed at another comment, or you personally. 

edit: okay, reading back over it I definitely understand why it would read that I was speaking about you, or other people who have personal knowledge about Alabama. That was definitely not my intent. 

uat proved long ago that they do not care about morality. Win at all cost. It will cost them...eventually...

23 minutes ago, WarTim said:

uat proved long ago that they do not care about morality. Win at all cost. It will cost them...eventually...

Maybe ...

5 hours ago, Barnacle said:

I'm sorry, I'm completely confused by this comment. 

I was musing with lionheart that Gus may not cheat as much as other coaches because he lacks the imagination necessary to get away with it. Sorry if you thought it was directed at another comment, or you personally. 

edit: okay, reading back over it I definitely understand why it would read that I was speaking about you, or other people who have personal knowledge about Alabama. That was definitely not my intent. 

There was apparently a separate conversation going on inside the thread that I missed and it was confusing for all of us.....no worries! 

2 hours ago, WarTim said:

I agree they don't care about morality. And I keep hoping something will break the corruption wide open and show the rest of the world how rotten to the core that place is. Maybe Donald Watkins will be that guy who brings it all down.

14 hours ago, WarTim said:

Yea... when is Emmert retiring?

11 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

I agree they don't care about morality. And I keep hoping something will break the corruption wide open and show the rest of the world how rotten to the core that place is. Maybe Donald Watkins will be that guy who brings it all down.

I keep imagining the 30 for 30 that ESPN will be salivating to produce about the biggest scandal in the history of sports once Emmert/Saban leave and the veil of protection is lifted.  The college team that blatantly bought multiple national championships while implementing mafia like tactics to eliminate naysayers, earning the school hundreds of millions of dollars and their coach an unprecedented and outrageous salary, all while under the protection of the head of the NCAA. You know that ESPN will turn on them in a heartbeat to get ratings.

Yea... when is Emmert retiring?

Same year as Saban?

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

Have they got their cozy retirement cottage all picked out?

HAHA!

Honestly, I almost suspect it's more like Saban's forcing Emert to stay on with blackmail material until Saban's satisfied.

I have NO evidence to back this up....just a hunch.

My goodness, I'm not sure if people on here are serious or not? 

I think my Momma drove home the "Golden Rule" way too far into me.

On 1/17/2018 at 2:25 PM, Barnacle said:

Back to Freeze. Him at Alabama scares the crap out of me. 

Locksley officially promoted to OC. Phewwwww.

Archived