Null



ellitor

AU Hires New AD Allen Greene (Updated 1/19/18: Presser Added)

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, saminbama said:

Should make Sir Charles happy.  After we didn't hire the coach from Buffalo some years back,  he was very outspoken. :Sing:  Instead, we hire their AD.

That was dumb on Charles part and even he has said as much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




1 hour ago, keesler said:

I love this new leaf AU has turned over. 

We have a fresh new Prez that walked into a snake pit in this Athletic Dept the moment he stepped on campus.  He was able to systematically cut out a tenured Athletic Director who was so damn entrenched in the system that he did everything in his power to dig his heels in so deep that we thought he could never be ousted.  Bravo Pres Leath!

Now we have a young, energetic Athletic Director completely without Auburn ties (he is not an "Auburn Man") that's a good thing IMO.  Greene comes with a fresh set of eyes, with new,  innovative management skills,  and I feel like he'll take time to evaluate the Department as a whole and he'll be able to make substantial cut backs to a bloated AD. 

I'm celebrating today for a seriously bright future for Auburn!:bananadance:

 

 

We'll stated. You speak the...

0842143001429809453_filepicker.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

He sounds like a good choice. 

The possibilities are endless, it feels like a breath of fresh air is blowing through the Oaks right now.

We have no idea how this will play out, but we know for certain things will NOT stay status quo. 

I am all for fresh eyes, a burst of energy, and a person that hopefully that has a new vision for the future.  We have a President that actually cares about Atletics, a huge plus in my book.  We have a President that seems to evaluate a situation, is willing act deliberately & effectively to make improvements that will ultimately make Auburn better.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gr82be said:

We'll stated. You speak the...

0842143001429809453_filepicker.jpg

You should have ten likes by now.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, keesler said:

The possibilities are endless, it feels like a breath of fresh air is blowing through the Oaks right now.

We have no idea how this will play out, but we know for certain things will NOT stay status quo. 

I am all for fresh eyes, a burst of energy, and a person that hopefully that has a new vision for the future.  We have a President that actually cares about Atletics, a huge plus in my book.  We have a President that seems to evaluate a situation, is willing act deliberately & effectively to make improvements that will ultimately make Auburn better.

So how long do we give him  before we start second guessing his decisions....all of 2018?  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I can just see Tim Jackson standing in front of his bathroom mirror practicing his soul handshake and trying to figure out if it's "bruh" or "bro." Dumbass...

Yooooo! :rollin: . I'm available if he needs help with that. It's all in the "soul" my brutha! lol.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Yooooo! :rollin: . I'm available if he needs help with that. It's all in the "soul" my brutha! lol.

Doesn't that require having one?...

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, AU64 said:

So how long do we give him  before we start second guessing his decisions....all of 2018?  :)

Until his first coaching hire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, abw0004 said:

This post could be copied and pasted into every thread discussed this week.  People are in weird moods this week along with the trolls who have come back out of the woods.   There must have been some sort of signal sent up into the air to get them all to appear again.  

I have seen about  1 negative post in this thread for every 10 positive. It is about the same on every other Auburn site late last night and today!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!! THIS HIRE IS ROUSING SUCCESS FAR AND WIDE throughout the AU family. We all rarely agree on anything and it seems everyone has come together and is really excited and applauds this hire!!!! WAR DAMN ALLEN GREENE!!!! I for one am ecstatic. The only people who are not excited are the ones who wanted some old dude from some NAME school they have heard of before. Whatever! I think we got a future SUUUUUUUUUUUPERSTAR. Those people negative about this hire will be eating a lot of crow AND SOON!!!! LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOO BABY!!!!!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm definitely in the minority here from a quick scan of the posts, but I'll at least put my 2 cents down.  I'll say up front that the zealousness at which I hold this opinion is pretty low, so if you have a vehement response loaded up for me, that's fine; I'm just probably too apathetic to jump in and reply to the rebuttal lol.

I see the main thinking is "YAY, HES NOT [insert term for the incredibly incestuous relationship Auburn seems to have for almost REQUIRING hires to know everything about the University, have attended the University, and can recite the Creed backwards by standing on their head].  I agree with this argument.  It's good to have new blood.

My "objection" is not necessarily directed at Greene; I'm sure he is qualified, but he seems to fit Auburn's other major weakness in the area of employment that accompanies incestuous hiring practices: inexperience.  I've long been frustrated with Auburn taking the "penny stock" route to hires; buying low on some relative unknown in the hopes it's a lotto pick and strikes gold.  I don't have an extensive history that I can point to that can largely back up my feeling in this area so maybe its misplaced, but sometimes I feel like Auburn never goes after the "top tier" All-Star, well-known experienced aces in the area they're searching to hire.  Are there no AD rockstars in the country who haven't been associated with AU? The "no-Auburn-connections" desire isn't mutually exclusive with accomplished AD veteran.

Again, feel free to rebut it, it's probably really easy since I'm making an argument that just goes on my emotions (fundraising, good reputation, success at Buffalo translating to success at a Power 5, etc...), but it just lacks the "wow" factor to me.

That said, hopefully I'm not too big of a hypocrite when I quickly pivot here and say, welcome, AD Greene and WDE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Until his first coaching hire.

Well that might be good enough....so who will be the first coach to be replaced ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Well that might be good enough....so who will be the first coach to be replaced ?

womens bball coach for sure. That will come very shortly in to his tenure. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats. Welcome. War Eagle!! Onward and Upward!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Are there no AD rockstars in the country who haven't been associated with AU?

There was one and he went the same place as our O line coach.  

And I don't see a problem with your concern.  I think he has gotten plenty of high quality training/mentoring to have a clear understanding of what the job will require of him.  I'm not much of a Notre Dame fan but he's actually been a student athlete, understands what it means to go to the next level of athletics and most of all he's young enough to embrace the culture and perspective of the students he will be most committed to.  I'm here for the knuckle bump when you get ready to give him a big WDE.  In the mean time I am certain you will support him in true Auburn Family fashion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good hire IMO. I can't wait to see what he can do about Jordan Hare. And he's made deals with Nike before. Excellent.

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Well that might be good enough....so who will be the first coach to be replaced ?

@GwillMac6 beat me to the answer.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With his biggest known skill being fundraising, I just hope he can get the money together to finally upgrade JH in both endzones. Compared to the rest of the SEC, it seemed like the past vision was a bit lacking and i think that mostly had to do with a lack of big pockets backing the project. We need major donors coming forward (especially with the economy booming like it is), and get these endzones fixed up.

Personally, i'd like to see them close off at least one of the endzones with a double-decker arrangement of luxury boxes with a couple thousand extra regular seats above them, and smaller (relatively) video boards in the corners.

And maybe he can push to get rid of those dang bollards that have made tailgating such a frustration over the last 10 years.

Edited by AUTigerTime
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, AUTigerTime said:

With his biggest known skill being fundraising, I just hope he can get the money together to finally upgrade JH in both endzones. Compared to the rest of the SEC, it seemed like the past vision was a bit lacking and i think that mostly had to do with a lack of big pockets backing the project. We need major donors coming forward (especially with the economy booming like it is), and get these endzones fixed up.

Personally, i'd like to see them close off at least one of the endzones with a double-decker arrangement of luxury boxes with a couple thousand extra regular seats above them, and smaller (relatively) video boards in the corners.

And maybe he can push to get rid of those dang bollards that have made tailgating such a frustration over the last 10 years.

Need to fill the seats we already have before we build more.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

@GwillMac6 beat me to the answer.

I think you are both right....but I wanted to take an official survey before stepping out into the abyss. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Need to fill the seats we already have before we build more.

Lower the prices. Problem solved. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now