Prince Tega taking next step

McLoofus

SIAP. Encouraging.

“A light has come on,” the head coach said. “He's been a different player. And not just a different player, but he's starting to be more vocal and starting to be more a leader. And that's what coach (J.B.) Grimes is looking for. He's looking for leaders up front. I've been very encouraged with that.”

If true this is some of the best news to come out of spring practice so far. We know he had the physical tools length both height and arm length, strength and quick feet but lack of experience which sometimes made him slow and lack of great technique didn't allow him to use his tools. When you watched him move at times you could tell he was quick but he was often indecisive which at times made it appear that he was wearing concrete boots. The experience from last year and hopefully Grimes improving his fundamentals and we could have a really good Left Tackle.  We seem to have an honest competition at right tackle and from what I am reading it is more about how quick Troxell has picked up the position that Ashley is not playing well. We have two experienced guards in Horton and Harrell  so I am feeling better about the O-Line Obviously the one question that has not been answered is Center and part of that is injury so we will probably have to wait till fall to have our staring 5.  I was really hoping we would have that come A-Day but I feel we can now put a solid product on the field but I still think especially at beginning of the year the O-line could be our biggest worry.

17 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

Hope JB can mold him into one mean mauling SOB

By SOB you mean slab of beef right?

1 hour ago, ArgoEagle said:

Depends if you are the defender trying to get past him...

2 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Depends if you are the defender trying to get past him...

Yes - when you TRY to get by him

20 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

Hope JB can mold him into one mean mauling SOB

Yes - after you CAN’T get by him

Archived