2020 5* PG Sharife Cooper Commits to AU! (9/27)

ellitor

26 minutes ago, Grumps said:

I need to be careful to ask this question without creating any bad vibes, but:

The G-league is going after a lot of the highest rated players from the 2020 class. Is there anyone else besides JG and GB3 that they might go after???

Probably but I doubt Sharife is one of them. They are apparently going after a select 3-5 from the article I read.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/8/2020 at 8:06 PM, 1716AU said:

Thank you, Tuberville.  Bloody wanker

Actually, it was Al Borges's wife, employed by the Athletic department at the time, that set up Auburn with the UA deal. It was one helluva deal for the day and got rave reviews from most everybody in college athletics.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Actually, it was Al Borges's wife, employed by the Athletic department at the time, that set up Auburn with the UA deal. It was one helluva deal for the day and got rave reviews from most everybody in college athletics.

Exactly but that was 15 years ago. Given the landscape, particularly in men’s basketball, you would think we would have figured out a way to modify a deal that seemingly puts AU at competitive disadvantage

3 minutes ago, fredst said:

Exactly but that was 15 years ago. Given the landscape, particularly in men’s basketball, you would think we would have figured out a way to modify a deal that seemingly puts AU at competitive disadvantage

Is this Tony Barbee?

12 hours ago, fredst said:

Jar Jar re-upped Auburn with under armor for nine more years just before he left.

22 hours ago, Mikey said:

It certainly did, and you're right.  But I remember that the Basketball programs were none too happy with this because it wasn't the "proper shoe" as Nike has shown itself to be.  Am I wrong on that?  That was just my recollection.

Certainly seems to have borne itself out as these kids make decisions on shoe deals...even though they are supposed to be "amateurs" and "students"...

6 hours ago, 1716AU said:

It certainly did, and you're right.  But I remember that the Basketball programs were none too happy with this because it wasn't the "proper shoe" as Nike has shown itself to be.  Am I wrong on that?  That was just my recollection.

Certainly seems to have borne itself out as these kids make decisions on shoe deals...even though they are supposed to be "amateurs" and "students"...

Zion Williamson Sneaker Blowout Floor

21 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Is this Tony Barbee?

Barb's used the under armour excuse as a cop out and excuse as to why he could not get top end talent to come to AU. When in reality he was just a a**hole who was lazy.

Bruce showed you can get consistent top tier top 50 talent to come to AU regardless of us being a under armour school with the occasional 5 🌟. Where it hurts us is with the top 10-15 guys that Nike wants to push to certain schools and we are not one of them because we are not Nike.

46 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Barb's used the under armour excuse as a cop out and excuse as to why he could not get top end talent to come to AU. When in reality he was just a a**hole who was lazy.

Bruce showed you can get consistent top tier top 50 talent to come to AU regardless of us being a under armour school with the occasional 5 🌟. Where it hurts us is with the top 10-15 guys that Nike wants to push to certain schools and we are not one of them because we are not Nike.

When does our current deal end?

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Well in my day they would call a "carry" every time he turned the corner...  Other than that, it's cool he is working hard

That is a unique way of working out shows a lot of determination to find a way to work out when at home and inside. By the way from what I can see that is a very pretty home with very nice wood floors. 

52 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

That is a unique way of working out shows a lot of determination to find a way to work out when at home and inside. By the way from what I can see that is a very pretty home with very nice wood floors. 

I would have told him to go outside. Won't be on my wood floors with them gym shoes on!! Lol.

Learning to get around the big walls of defenders of the SEC!

Maybe Okoro will sign with him!!! 👀🤔

Archived