2020 5* PG Sharife Cooper Commits to AU! (9/27)

ellitor

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Nope.

👀☘️☘️☘️😎

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ellitor said:

english?

@GwillMac6 knows I’m a Bird guy (and Celtics/all things Boston loyalist)and I always tease him about MJ being the best ever (and he is) because he’s an LBJ disciple.  I was responding to his straight up “nope”. 

40 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I'm still confused.

I was just making an old man guess as to what it meant.  I am sure that is not it.  I have no real idea of what it meant

23 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Frank Ford. The Baby Bull.

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

damn...how long is our Under Armour contract through? We don't need to move but let's be honest these kids would 10/10 times rather be wearing another shoe out there.

31 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I remember the shoe issue brought up so much before we went and hired Barbee and everyone thought we would get out from under UA, bc of the issues in basketball recruiting and AAU.

Looks like it still can be a problem PEarl has to fight with, but it takes a basketball warrior to win those battles...and Pearl does.

p.s. that was eye-opening that Cooper almost adjusted his signing period bc he wanted to be a McDonald all-american and to sign w/ a UA school might cost him that chance.

Something ain't right....

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

damn...how long is our Under Armour contract through? We don't need to move but let's be honest these kids would 10/10 times rather be wearing another shoe out there.

I wish we could somehow work out a seperate contract for basketball with Nike. I love being UA for football because that is the it brand in football for the younger generation and we are one of the top UA schools for football.

Being one of the top basketball schools for UA doesn't mean jack ish with the long history of shoe politics at the AAU and college level. Bruce was a Adidas man at Rocky top and even that was a huge step up from under armour.

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I wish we could somehow work out a seperate contract for basketball with Nike. I love being UA for football because that is the it brand in football for the younger generation and we are one of the top UA schools for football.

Being one of the top basketball schools for UA doesn't mean jack ish with the long history of shoe politics at the AAU and college level. Bruce was a Adidas man at Rocky top and even that was a huge step up from under armour.

If UA can start signing big names their stock would improve in basketball.  They need to avoid embarrassing situations like how they lost Steph Curry's signature because they bungled his name in the presentation.

11 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

If UA can start signing big names their stock would improve in basketball.  They need to avoid embarrassing situations like how they lost Steph Curry's signature because they bungled his name in the presentation.

I believe it was Nike who bungled their pitch to Steph. Pretty sure they had left Kevin Durant's name on their powerpoint LOL talk about blowing it. Steph is an UA athlete.

I SAY SCREW IT LETS BE THE FIRST PUMA SCHOOL. Some orange and blue colorways of the Puma Clyde Court shoes could look pretty cool actually lol

But I am joking. Nike is probably the most popular among kids, even though Under Armour and Puma are both starting to sign some notable hoopers to their companies.

9 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Hahaha muhhhhhh boy @Tiger is right. It was totally Nike who absolutely bleeeeeew trying to sign Steph curry.

5 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I believe it was Nike who bungled their pitch to Steph. Pretty sure they had left Kevin Durant's name on their powerpoint LOL talk about blowing it.

I SAY SCREW IT LETS BE THE FIRST PUMA SCHOOL. Some orange and blue colorways of the Puma Clyde Court shoes could look pretty cool actually lol

But I am joking. Nike is probably the most popular among kids, even though Under Armour and Puma are both starting to sign some notable hoopers to their companies.

Here are all the basketball players UA has signed. Only 2 star players in curry and embiid. And is curry still the only one of them with a signature shoe? I am genuinely asking. I have no idea if they have a line of Joel embiid shoes out in stores.

Screenshot_20200124-141112.png

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Here are all the basketball players UA has signed. Only 2 star players in curry and embiid. And is curry still the only one of them with a signature shoe? I am genuinely asking. I have no idea if they have a line of Joel embiid shoes out in stores.

Screenshot_20200124-141112.png

Not yet I think they will have Embiid's though. I saw some talk about it on social media. I like Puma's list better JMO

Germany Brose Bamberg

Notable former player[edit]

12 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I believe it was Nike who bungled their pitch to Steph. Pretty sure they had left Kevin Durant's name on their powerpoint LOL talk about blowing it. Steph is an UA athlete.

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Hahaha muhhhhhh boy @Tiger is right. It was totally Nike who absolutely bleeeeeew trying to sign Steph curry.

Dang it.  You are correct.

jpozXCv.gif

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

Not yet I think they will have Embiid's though. I saw some talk about it on social media. I like Puma's list better JMO

Germany Brose Bamberg

Notable former player[edit]

Dang that is already the players PUMA has?!??! Not any star players yet besides a always injured boogie but that is a hell of a start for a company that NO ONE associates with basketball. Got damn!!!!

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Dang that is already the players PUMA has?!??! Not any star players yet besides a always injured boogie but that is a hell of a start for a company that NO ONE associates with basketball. Got damn!!!!

Yeah bro! No stars yet but several of those guys can be stars in the near future IMO. Apparently Zion's 2nd choice was Puma. They're starting to make some waves.

Archived