The Wall Street Journal's Editorial Board Endorses Bolsonaro

AUDub

He will win because his policies will bring more economic stability and he is anti-corruption which has mostly wrecked the economy for the last 5 years.  Lula and the gang systematically looted the treasury and stole $18b dollars from PetroBras, the national oil company on fictitious  development projects

The Financial markets agree; I am personally pulling for him as are all members of my Brazilian team.  The local currency has depreciated 28% since April (from 3.25 to 4.1 recently).  That hurts peoples pocket books and kills investments and profits for business.  I meet with the major banks there twice a year; if Haddad wins; the currency is likely headed for 4.6 immediately following the election...assuming Bolsonaro wins; it will stabilize around 3.8 or less; since he narrowly missed a majority over the weekend (he ended at 46%; he needed 50% to avoid a runoff); the currency has dropped into the 3.70's.....  

And no doubt there were folks that voted for Hitler because of the economic conditions in Germany at the time.

Bolsonaro promotes undemocratic views, demonizes minorities, talks favorably about a military coup and plans to withdraw from the Paris climate accords.  (Considering the importance of the Amazon, the latter could be devastating to the world.)

Of course, to a Trump supporter, he probably looks pretty good.  :glare:

10 hours ago, homersapien said:

And no doubt there were folks that voted for Hitler because of the economic conditions in Germany at the time.

Bolsonaro promotes undemocratic views, demonizes minorities, talks favorably about a military coup and plans to withdraw from the Paris climate accords.  (Considering the importance of the Amazon, the latter could be devastating to the world.)

Of course, to a Trump supporter, he probably looks pretty good.  :glare:

Hitler, really?  and you expect to be taken seriously....

The leftists there have looted the nation for the last 20 years and the people suffer.   I recommend you leave your little US bubble and actually get out in the world and understand what the rest of the world has to deal with.  Poverty...you cannot imagine what a favela is like ... I have rarely been afraid in my life...being anywhere near those scares the s*** out of me...miles of tin and wooden shacks, no electricity, no sanitation, rampant drugs, murder, rape, depravity on a massive institutional scale, the police don't go near them....multiple generations condemned to a living hell.....violence ... I buried a young family man that I hired that had been home to tuck his kids in before dinner...he got carjacked in his neighborhood on the way to dinner with me and customers...shot in the head...took his cellphone...killed for his cell phone...left him in the car with it running at a stop sign...his little girls are 14 and 17 now...Rosandra never remarried....my Brazilian leader's mother was carjacked and beaten in her grocery store parking lot...she lasted  6 months....never recovered.....I pay for buses to bring my employees to work down there because they can't afford transportation and mass transit isn't safe.     

Paris Climate accord?  Climate Change?  That is your response?  Yeah, the Brazilians really need "carbon credits" ... spoken like the typical smug prick ugly American.

Archived