Sign in to follow this  
AU-24

Jeremy Johnson Let-go by Arena League Team

For whatever reason, the guy just can’t seem to make it: Auburn, NFL, CFL, pro basketball, now semi Pro indoor arena football league. He was a indoor league second string quarterback and 2nd string wide receiver, then reduced to snapping the ball for extra points, then cut from the team? 

Why can’t the guy make it, when he has all the talent in the world?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.montgomeryadvertiser.com/amp/766685002

Johnson resigned with the Lions in June, but has since been released by the team. Johnson patiently awaited his time back in the spotlight, even though it was a little smaller.

Edited by AU-24
  • Sad 1

On 10/22/2018 at 10:15 AM, AU-24 said:

Why can’t the guy make it, when he has all the talent in the world?

LOL

JJ6 is a great dude.  Just not a QB.  Has arm talent so keep getting his shot.  Every coach thinks give me the talent and I can mold them how I need them to perform.  Some you get through to some you don't.  I wish JJ nothing but the best.  I'm sure he will be successful in the future but it might be time to focus on moving forward from playing sports to concentrating on a career. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, corchjay said:

Every coach thinks give me the talent and I can mold them how I need them to perform. 

Lot of fans seem to think that way too.....if guy has the "physicals" then a capable coach should be able to make him into a good QB or whatever.  

As for JJ, it's gotta be hard for a young guy to give up on his dreams, especially when he got so much publicity as a young man and almost surely felt that he was good enough to make the next step.   Hope he gets into coaching or something where he can be around the game.