POSTGAME THREAD: AU 21 Bama 52

RunInRed

Drop the Stidham chat. He's gone next year and the next season is all we should focus on right now.

I'll sum up the entire conversation in the hopes that we can talk about players that can actually help us next year.

He went to too many camps and quit just throwing the ball. It's likely that he's overthinking his throwing motion. To make things even worse he has bad happy feet when he doesn't trust his offensive line. A poor passing tree, overthinking the throwing motion, happy feet, terrible OL play, and a lack of leadership lead to the perfect storm for a bad Auburn offense.

So, let's move on because there is a lot left to bitch about. Yes the entire OL is coming back but is that a good thing? We all love Boobee but can he be healthy for a full season? The "do we have an SEC back" argument can go on for pages. Who will be our qb next year assuming we don't get KB? What assistant coaches might be gone? Who do we hire if we get rid of Gus?

There are better topics than the dead horse that is JS 2018-19 season.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Over/under on how badly ticket sales drop next season assuming Gustav is back? We may have sentenced ourselves to a decade of irrelevancy with that buyout.

1970’s

7 minutes ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

Remember when we were all excited about Stindam returning for this season?

tenor (2).gif

6 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Over/under on how badly ticket sales drop next season assuming Gustav is back? We may have sentenced ourselves to a decade of irrelevancy with that buyout.

Not with UGA and UAT...plus the opening game in Dallas....now the attendance may dwindle of the season starts slowly...just my opinion

Just now, tigeraddikt said:

Did anyone else see the CBS camera pick up Saban saying "This is the f****ng guy that should've gotten the ball" when Malik was in mop up duty?

lol nope. That would be gold.

31 minutes ago, AU64 said:

What a clueless comment.....actually it is pretty easy to do worse...just look around college football.  Not saying keep Gus but lots of people really underestimate what coaching big time football is like.JMO 

You're right. We could be Florida State. Otherwise,  this is by far the worst. Auburn came into the season with playoff aspirations and they lost five games, ousted yet again by its two biggest rivals and another late game meltdown against LSU. The Citadel actually has a better coached offernsive line than Auburn. They had 275 yards rushing against Alabama and 4.6 yards per rush. Auburn had 130 yards of rushing offense and 3.0 yards per rush. Just let that sink in for a second. 

I'm glad he got a chance to celebrate that interception return against lowly Liberty last week because Gus truly is the king of the little people.

1 minute ago, Tigger1985 said:

One of the best hires there has ever been at Auburn is Bruce Pearl. Gus not so much as I thought we settled.

Bruce Pearl and baseball coach Butch Thompson. Both of those guys are inspiring and brought programs back from the brink of death to being highly competitive and respected. 

4 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Bruce Pearl and baseball coach Butch Thompson. Both of those guys are inspiring and brought programs back from the brink of death to being highly competitive and respected. 

Would love a football coach with Pearl's personality and fire

8 minutes ago, Tigger1985 said:

I think we need to bombard the SEC office with emails complaining about officials. This year was the worst I have seen it for us.

Yeah, AU sends complaints to a bammer in Birmingham. That’ll be a productive use of time. 

Officials are the last thing we need to complain about with as many problems that we have. 

11 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

And the fact is, they did it fairly quickly. Bruce won the sec (shared) in year 4? With 2 players suspended and losing your best defensive to injury midseason. That’s what auburn fans want to see, promise and fairly quick turnaround, it shouldn’t be hard with Auburn’s talent 

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

And the fact is, they did it fairly quickly. Bruce won the sec (shared) in year 3? With 2 players suspended and losing your best defensive to injury midseason. That’s what auburn fans want to see, promise and fairly quick turnaround, it shouldn’t be hard with Auburn’s talent 

Still, we've improved in SEC record every year he's been here.

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

And the fact is, they did it fairly quickly. Bruce won the sec (shared) in year 3? With 2 players suspended and losing your best defensive to injury midseason. That’s what auburn fans want to see, promise and fairly quick turnaround, it shouldn’t be hard with Auburn’s talent 

Nah we won it. Ain’t sharing s***. 

7 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

lol nope. That would be gold.

I'm pretty sure he did. I didn't record it, however. Full disclosure: if MW had played this full game, it would've been about 52-7 imo.

1 hour ago, auburntiger1987 said:

Gus needs to be praying and then calling freeze and Kelly Bryant and be begging them to come to auburn. 

You mean the same thing he's been doing for 6 years? No thanks. Just do the overhaul...

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Still, we've improved in SEC record every year he's been here.

I was figuring 3, since he was hired heading into the 2015 season. But I see how the years work for CBB, you are correct

1 minute ago, tigeraddikt said:

I'm pretty sure he did. I didn't record it, however. Full disclosure: if MW had played this full game, it would've been about 52-7 imo.

Should have made Ryan Davis the QB. He's more accurate than Stidham and has more poise in the pocket.

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

For real just look at our Frosh that already look promising:

Asa Martin

Anthony Schwartz

Christian Tutt

Jamien Sherwood

Seth Williams

Matthew Hill

Smoke Monday

Shaun Shivers

Richard Jibunor

Zakoby McClain

Anders Carlson

Boobee Whitlow

Big Kat Bryant

Arryn Siposs

Nick Coe***

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

For real just look at our Frosh that already look promising:

Asa Martin

Anthony Schwartz

Christian Tutt

Jamien Sherwood

Seth Williams

Matthew Hill

Smoke Monday

Shaun Shivers

Richard Jibunor

Zakoby McClain

Anders Carlson

Boobee Whitlow

Big Kat Bryant

Arryn Siposs

Nick Coe***

Our next coach will have a decent sophomore class to work with. 

23 minutes ago, Tigger1985 said:

One of the best hires there has ever been at Auburn is Bruce Pearl. Gus not so much as I thought we settled.

I readily admit I was not all that excited when Gus was hired. I was hoping I was wrong. Unfortunately, I wasn't.

But for a change go in with a plan. Find who it is you truly want. Not some up and comer but someone who knows what he's doing and don't stop until you get him.

It's inexcusable that the man will keep his job after this season. To take all this talent and field a team that gets blown off the field by it's two biggest rivals is unforgivable. He doesn't deserve that paycheck or to be coaching in this league.

Archived