POSTGAME THREAD: AU 21 Bama 52

RunInRed

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'very said it before and I will say it again. This team got to the point where they were just waiting for something bad to happen and when it did it just snowballed from there. Today was more of an avalanche.

:bricks:

1 minute ago, Tigercj said:

Can't do any worse than this clown and his side show coaches.

What a clueless comment.....actually it is pretty easy to do worse...just look around college football.  Not saying keep Gus but lots of people really underestimate what coaching big time football is like.JMO 

6 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Strikes me as much more of a Smart than a Muschamp.

Why what do you actually know about him other then he’s been a DC for years and many schools have over looked him even his alma mater Kansas State

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

What a clueless comment.....actually it is pretty easy to do worse...just look around college football.  Not saying keep Gus but lots of people really underestimate what coaching big time football is like.JMO 

Plenty of people could arguably use the talent that was recruited better

13 minutes ago, Dan-0 said:

Keep in mind four of our seven wins were against Ala. State, Liberty, Southern Miss, and Arky, who everybody beat up on this year. With a schedule like that, 7-5 is not that much of an achievement, is it?

Nope.Bham Bowl here we come!

46 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

As I’ve said before typical Gus. Play not to lose bad instead of to win. Told my daughter at halftime, Nick would make changes and Gus wouldn’t counter and uat would run away with it after halftime. Please fire Leath and Gus now.

Your post is the epitome of Gus’ career. 

46 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

"I thought our guys played hard. We are going to build from this and get better for the bowl game and next season. I know great things are on the horizon. War Durn!" - Gus 

Actions speak louder than words.....don’t tell me about change show me.

1 minute ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

Texas A&M is recruiting at a high level they will not be a guaranteed win.

Arkansas will be dangerous if they stick with the process

Texas A&M is going to become a bigger threat than Sumlin ever was

Alabama isn't dropping off anytime soon

LSU is recruiting really well

This year's Georgia is probably the worst we'll see them over the next five years

Ole Miss and Moo State will stay bad imo

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Gus literally looks like he wants to say “bull crap” to every question in the presser lol

If he would go off on a Tony Montaña like rant and drop about a 100 F-bombs I would have more respect for him. It would be ugly but it would show b***s that I’m not sure are there. And, I would still want him fired, lol

327BA463-3EA1-4C98-A9C2-761E22930386.gif

7 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Gus seems to underestimate it too

They scored 52 on us.  Below are our peers with similar defensive performance against Alabama.

Mercer, Louisville, Arkansas St , Mississipi (only 51), La Lafeytte, Arkansas, Tennessee and Citidel (50).  These are our peers on defense.

I’m most disappointed by poor defense.  Penalties and lack of poise.  I know Excuse 1 through 15 apply due to fault of offense.  But a good defense steps up:? This is year of settling for excuses.

I really thought we could hold them like Miss State, LSU, or Missouri.  Is this a transition year to a doormat defense? 

45 minutes ago, auburntiger1987 said:

Gus needs to be praying and then calling freeze and Kelly Bryant and be begging them to come to auburn. 

Considering his buyout, why?  Hell, I'd be praying to get fired, which is the crux of our dilemma. 

Thanks Leach!

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

If he would go off on a Tony Montaña like rant and drop about a 100 F-bombs I would have more respect for him. It would be ugly but it would show b***s that I’m not sure are there. And, I would still want him fired, lol

327BA463-3EA1-4C98-A9C2-761E22930386.gif

This. I just want Gus to rant. Just once go full Spurrier.

53 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Me either, nothing to look forward to next year. I’m in a weird state as a fan, dark times are upon us fellas 

I don´t think we will be better than this year but I don´t think we will be any worse. We  do have some talent coming back on offense. As long as you have teams like Al. State, Liberty, and Southern Miss on the schedule a 7-5 record is not that much of an achievement.

26 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

. Stidham didn't magically forget how to play the QB position. But its easy to blame the QB for everything. 

Nobody says JS is the only problem on this team. Today the D stunk worse than the O. But JS regressed this year bigtime. I don't believe any NFL scout could take him serious as anything but an undrafted free agent in 2019.

1 minute ago, milehighfan said:

So, does it look as if Gus will get fired tonight?

ryag.jpg

1 minute ago, Dan-0 said:

I don´t think we will be better than this year but I don´t think we will be any worse. We  do have some talent coming back on offense. As long as you have teams like Al. State, Liberty, and Southern Miss on the schedule a 7-5 record is not that much of an achievement.

I’m thinking worse, new QB, same OL, losing RD. Losing probably close to the entire front 7 on defense. It would be Gus-esque to make a run with those obstacles next year, but that’s what’s even more frustrating 

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

One could hope, it would be like Christmas early 

I'd forfeit all of my other gifts for this

40 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Me either, nothing to look forward to next year. I’m in a weird state as a fan, dark times are upon us fellas 

And ladies....there are some here besides me.

Auburn had some real momentum after 2010 and 2013 but in each case it all slipped away pretty quickly. What a waste. 

If Auburn can change the basketball culture because of the efforts of one dynamic coach and a hand-full of gutsy players....then the same can be done with football. I remember the moment it happened......a very limited Auburn basketball team fought it's way through the SEC Tournament on the back of KT Harrell. After that everybody just fell in love with the program and it started to take off. 

We need that kind of revival in football. 

Archived