POSTGAME THREAD: AU 21 Bama 52

RunInRed

5 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Lol Stidham is the reason we won the games we won. Anyone else would of produced less results. There are plenty of problems at Auburn but Stidham doesn't deserve a tenth of the criticism he has gotten this year. There is only so much a QB can do with no blocking, no running game, and WRs that drop passes. Stidham didn't magically forget how to play the QB position. But its easy to blame the QB for everything. 

My only question is this bad enough to get Gus fired? 

No

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GwillMac6 said:

BULL CRAP!!!

But the future is bright...

No s*** it's bright when you're guaranteed enough money to sustain your grandkids' grandchildren 

Keep in mind four of our seven wins were against Ala. State, Liberty, Southern Miss, and Arky, who everybody beat up on this year. With a schedule like that, 7-5 is not that much of an achievement, is it?

1 minute ago, AUJedi said:

I don’t think the Gus Bus Riders really love him. They just can’t handle conflict. But conflict produces change and progress. Keeping the peace promotes mediocrity 

With $49,000,000 in prepaid bus fare someone is going to ride no matter where the bus is going. 

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

YAH BUT never from you. It says a lot if someone who is firmly on the BUS would come out and say you want him gone. I also find it highly entertaining and therapeutic to complain about gus!!!! It makes me feel better!!! and after this season I def need it! lol

This (below) is what I imagine when I see the same posters posting the same thing everything single day multiple times (forum in general, not you).  I just learned this year not to let Auburn’s wins or loses dictate how my week will go.  Besides, my other teams are contenders and killing it (Auburn basketball, OKC Thunder, Carolina Panthers).

10 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

I wish people would stop saying this ...I don’t think anyone is happy with 7-8 win seasons. If Gus is canned so be it....but his replacement better when 10 a year or else it’s wash, rinse and repeat...Cause 7-8 ain’t gonna cut it.

Idk. Is it our lot in life as fans to require ten wins? Or is it to require a coach to know more than the average fan about how to manufacture wins? He has the gnack for losing games we should win in ways that were predicted by the fans a day in advance. 

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Once you get the right coach everything changes. The narrative changes. Bama had the same problems for  20 plus years. Boosters who wanted a lot of power and hand pick their own coach. Boosters who valued picking their guy over the best candidate just so they could control them. Did anything change or did they just get lucky with perfect timing when it came to saban? They were about to hire freaking rich rod before his wife got cold feet over people saying negative stuff about her and her appearance. 

Name that coach. LOL. 

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Once you get the right coach everything changes. The narrative changes. Bama had the same problems for  20 plus years. Boosters who wanted a lot of power and hand pick their own coach. Boosters who valued picking their guy over the best candidate just so they could control them. Did anything change or did they just get lucky with perfect timing when it came to saban? They were about to hire freaking rich rod before his wife got cold feet over people saying negative stuff about her and her appearance. 

THIS!!!!!! MOTHER FRICKING THIS!!!!!!! CHANGE THE CULTURE JUST LIKE CLEMSON!!!!!! WOOOOO!!!!! LETS GOOOOO!!!!!!

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

Name that coach. LOL. 

I have no clue!!!! We have to get lucky. That is really what it comes down too. There is no proven guy out there I can see that would jump here right now. But we are sleeping giant if we finally get lucky and hit the jackpot with a coaching hire. Because look how we have a great season or 2 with all these average coaches!!! lol. Eventually if you make enough hires you will strike gold. At least that is what I keep telling myself!! IF EFFIN CLEMSON our little brother can get lucky with a flintstone character surely we can. 

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

Venables for me.

Anyone who makes halftime adjustments, doesn't sit on a lead, and doesn't ever talk about how great practices have been.

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Venables for me.

Not sold, but I'll take him.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I have no clue!!!! We have to get lucky. That is really what it comes down too. There is no proven guy out there I can see that would jump here right now. But we are sleeping giant if we finally get lucky and hit the jackpot with a coaching hire. Because look how we have a great season or 2 with all these average coaches!!! lol. Eventually if you make enough hires you will strike gold. At least that is what I keep telling myself!! IF EFFIN CLEMSON our little brother can get lucky with a flintstone character surely we can. 

We have to remove one rule from our coaching search before anything can happen

NO ONE CARES IF THEY HAVE COACHED AT AUBURN BEFORE

Just now, corchjay said:

I thought we wanted a proven winner.  No thanks on any coordinator either a proven winner or nothing.  We are Auburn remember

Strikes me as much more of a Smart than a Muschamp.

34 minutes ago, AUTiger2012 said:

Personal opinion here.  This did not seem to be that awful of a game for Gus.  Their athletes were just better.

You must not have watched beyond the first half. Better coached and better QB.

10 wins a season isn't that crazy. It's splitting our rivals and TAMU and winning everything else becausr they shouldn't be beating us anyway. 

It shouldn't be some challenge to have a better than .500 record against Miss State overs SIX FREAKING YEARS 

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

Not sold, but I'll take him.

Hell I'd take Bill Clark

Just now, Tiger said:

10 wins a season isn't that crazy. It's splitting our rivals and TAMU and winning everything else becausr they shouldn't be beating us anyway. 

It shouldn't be some challenge to have a better than .500 record against Miss State overs SIX FREAKING YEARS 

8-4,  every so often, 9-3, 10-2 should be a constant expectation. That’s not what we are getting

1 minute ago, fredst said:

THIS!!!!!! MOTHER FRICKING THIS!!!!!!! CHANGE THE CULTURE JUST LIKE CLEMSON!!!!!! WOOOOO!!!!! LETS GOOOOO!!!!!!

MUHHHHHHHHHHHH BOY!!!!!!! HUG ME BROTHER!!!!!!!!! I love when we are on the same page. LETS GOOOO!!!!!!!!!

jd turkey.gif

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I thought we wanted a proven winner.  No thanks on any coordinator either a proven winner or nothing.  We are Auburn remember

Can't do any worse than this clown and his side show coaches.

Just now, Tiger said:

This. We should always beat the two mississippi teams. Our three question marks should be LSU, Georgia, Alabama. The rest should be expected wins and the coach better win at least one of those three toss ups; losing to all three of our major rivals isn't acceptable. That should put you at worst with 9 wins.

Archived