Bama GT QB Jalen Hurts Picks OU

kwagoner

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't start at OU, or at the least, doesn't finish the season as the starter.  If Riley finds a way to get back to the playoffs with him, or gets him an invite to New York, the NFL should make him the highest paid coach they have.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I could see Hurts being in New York next year. 

Why wouldn’t he be? In the offense with two consecutive Heismans. Now a 3-man race with Tag and Lawrence. Would love to see Hurts beat bammer. Too bad they still don’t have a defense. 

1 hour ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Why wouldn’t he be? In the offense with two consecutive Heismans. Now a 3-man race with Tag and Lawrence. Would love to see Hurts beat bammer. Too bad they still don’t have a defense. 

You asking me that means you haven’t read some of the other opinions in this thread lol

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

You asking me that means you haven’t read some of the other opinions in this thread lol

Might not agree with those opinions...but not sure why folks are so charged up about the okies. 

They barely beat Army, won some games by the narrowest of margins,..one or two points.....lost  to Texas and all of that was with a super dynamic QB who carried the offense almost by himself.   

JMO but I don't see JH in that same category or he would have been the man at bama this year.     Expect he will start since that's apparently all they have except an incoming freshman....and I don't see him carrying the team like Murray did.    So back to may point again....Okies better come up with a way to stop people from scoring 40 or 50 points against them every week. 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Might not agree with those opinions...but not sure why folks are so charged up about the okies. 

They barely beat Army, won some games by the narrowest of margins,..one or two points.....lost  to Texas and all of that was with a super dynamic QB who carried the offense almost by himself.   

JMO but I don't see JH in that same category or he would have been the man at bama this year.     Expect he will start since that's apparently all they have except an incoming freshman....and I don't see him carrying the team like Murray did.    So back to may point again....Okies better come up with a way to stop people from scoring 40 or 50 points against them every week. 

Being in that same category wouldn’t have done anything for him because Alabama already had someone who proved they were in that same category. There wasn’t any reason to go back to Hurts 

I dont see why they cant score 40 or 50 with Jalen still, they'll have some of the best deep threats in the world, a still elite offensive line, and good RBs. The read option is ofc going to be there and he seems to be a more than capable passer now (he wont see another defense in the same world as UGA 2018 his whole year there) 

15 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I dont see why they cant score 40 or 50 with Jalen still

We could scrounge up 11 people on this forum & score 40-50 points a game vs BIG 12 defenses.

45 minutes ago, ellitor said:

We could scrounge up 11 people on this forum & score 40-50 points a game vs BIG 12 defenses.

Texas has a pretty solid defense but I suppose you have a valid point

Jalen should still be an all star next year, I hope

This will be Lincoln Riley toughest challenge yet. Jalen Hurts is not the kind of QB he is used to working with. Neither was Murray BUT Murray was still much more polished as a passer than Hurts. Having said that THIS IS FREAKING LINCOLN RILEY we are talking about. The premiere and most elite QB groomer in all of college football. He will have Hurts putting up huge numbers. 

Hurts made a good decision for Hurts. It seems to me at least. I didn’t realize till later that Oklahoma was in the position to recruit him. 

Other than Oklahoma, Auburn would have been as good for him as any other program that I know of that was interested. 

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

The premiere and most elite QB groomer in all of college football.

Dan Mullen may disagree.

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

He will have Hurts putting up huge numbers. 

Not saying much. I could put up big numbers against BIG 12 defenses.

On 1/16/2019 at 9:56 PM, ellitor said:

bowl games:    Georgia 21 pts and lost to Big 12, Missouri 33 pts and lost to Big 12, Vanderbilt 38 pts and lost to Big 12, Bama 45 pts and won vs Big 12.

SEC the higher ranked team in 3 of the match ups, Vandy/Baylor both were 6-6

I think you might be over estimating the talent level on this forum!!!!

I guess Hurts remembers the last time he faced Auburn's defense. Our defense kept him running for his life all game long. He most likely looked at Oklahoma's 2019 schedule and saw that the Tigers wasn't OU's schedule, so that's why he picked. The Big 12 or whatever their called if a no defense conference so Hurts don't have to worry about facing us us.

8 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

bowl games:    Georgia 21 pts and lost to Big 12, Missouri 33 pts and lost to Big 12, Vanderbilt 38 pts and lost to Big 12, Bama 45 pts and won vs Big 12.

SEC the higher ranked team in 3 of the match ups, Vandy/Baylor both were 6-6

I think you might be over estimating the talent level on this forum!!!! 

Nope. You are overestimating the value of post season exhibition games results that don't mean jack to most people & players. Texas is the only team in the Big 12 with a D right now worth a damn.

2 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

He most likely looked at Oklahoma's 2019 schedule and saw that the Tigers wasn't OU's schedule, so that's why he picked.

tenor.gif?itemid=12403913

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Nope. You are overestimating the value of post season exhibition games results that don't mean jack to most people & players. Texas is the only team in the Big 12 with a D right now worth a damn.

LOL, 64 of the SEC.    Whenever the SEC loses it  is because it don't care but when they win it is because they are so dominant.

Miss St  31 pts reg season   23 against AU

Ole Miss 47 pts reg season   16 against AU  

Tenn 14 pts  reg season    30 against AU

and Bama put up more against us in a game that meant everything

I am sure state and tennessee were just taking it easy and didn't want to hurt anybody in the regular season or something, yeah that's it!!! SEC SEC SEC  SEC

Isn't it weird that when scoring is up in the SEC it is because the offenses are better and when scoring is down it is because defenses are tougher.   It will never be said that the offenses sucked or the defenses sucked that given year.    Maybe it is easy for me to see because I am not a SEC homer, just an Auburnphan.

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 12:33 AM, GwillMac6 said:

The premiere and most elite QB groomer in all of college football. He will have Hurts putting up huge numbers. 

What?  is that a joke. :dunno:...all he has had are transfer QBs and is on his third one while the guys he actually recruited have moved on to other schools.

He's done a good job of creating offenses around his QBs...I'll say that and likely will have an offense that fits JH....an offense that does not necessarily look like what they ran last season with Murray. 

On 1/18/2019 at 7:04 PM, AU64 said:

What?  is that a joke. :dunno:...all he has had are transfer QBs and is on his third one while the guys he actually recruited have moved on to other schools.

He's done a good job of creating offenses around his QBs...I'll say that and likely will have an offense that fits JH....an offense that does not necessarily look like what they ran last season with Murray. 

He had Mayfield for 3 years. He had Murray for 2. They both won Heismans.

The guys he actually recruited moved on because they weren't going to start for him. It doesn't mean that he failed in their development.

Also, it's not like the guy who transferred in blew up and got good development at other schools before coming to Oklahoma. Hurts will be the first one.

Creating an offense that your QB can excel in is part of being a good groomer of QBs. But I wonder how much you've watched of Baker Mayfield or Kyler Murray. They both won a lot of football games with spectacular individual ability. And Mayfield was very effective as an NFL rookie. 

Yes, Riley is the best groomer of QBs in college football. 

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yes, Riley is the best groomer of QBs in college football. 

Hard to say he's better than Mullen. They are the top 2 though.

• 11 months later...
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 8:08 PM, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Hurts is certainly a passer, maybe not the most-refined, but he is definitely a better passer than say, Lamar Jackson

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:07 PM, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

And mechanically Lamar Jackson was TERRIBLE. Absolutely terrible... His hips were almost always stiff, he would throw flat-footed, sometimes he'd simply arm the ball.

Hurts, however, still is the better passer. He looks a LOT more polished and better.

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 1:02 PM, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Look at the backup options the Ravens had. Don't be obtuse about this

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:03 PM, bigbird said:

Enos will be a good OC

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 7:57 AM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Enos is a great QB developer, I been underrating the allure of Miami just because the team sucked last year, but there’s alotta potential there for another explosive season 

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 2:39 PM, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Two words ....

Dan Enos.

Wow there is some absolute GOLD in this thread.

Lamar Jackson goes from a worse passer than Jalen Hurts to the runaway NFL MVP.

Dan Enos goes from great QB developer / will be a good OC to running the 90th ranked scoring offense, getting goose-egged against LA Tech in their Bowl game and as a result, fired.

Liquid GOLD.

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

What's better is digging up a year old thread to be a dick...

What's funny is the dick was only going to dig up the forthcoming NFL MVP, then noticed Dan Enos had quite a few supporters.

Congrats on your prediction. Worked out well for you.

25 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

What's funny is the dick was only going to dig up the forthcoming NFL MVP, then noticed Dan Enos had quite a few supporters.

Congrats on your prediction. Worked out well for you.

Thanks. I'll gladly accept missing while at Miami. I still think he will be a good OC...next time I'll just check the talent level of the team before making a prediction. 

53 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Thanks. I'll gladly accept missing while at Miami. I still think he will be a good OC...next time I'll just check the talent level of the team before making a prediction. 

I hear Boca Raton has an opening. Although I'm not sure even they want an OC who can't score vs LA Tech. Stock is bargain bin. Maybe he can work his way back up from Samford.

Just because you leave Saban's five-star camp as a hot offensive name doesn't guarantee similar results elsewhere. Ask Jim McElwain. Ask Steve Sarkisian. Ask Mike Locksley.

Archived