Darnell Wright

tigerbrotha12

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/227670/darnell-wright

Any explanation as to why we haven't offered this guy? He's the #3 OT in the class and the #5 player overall in the ESPN 300. Yes that's odd, but it's true. 3 of the top 5 in the ESPN300 are OT's. 

Just wondering why in the world we haven't even offered this guy...

8 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/227670/darnell-wright

Any explanation as to why we haven't offered this guy? He's the #3 OT in the class and the #5 player overall in the ESPN 300. Yes that's odd, but it's true. 3 of the top 5 in the ESPN300 are OT's. 

But, Gus

Now that we have missed on Putnam, we've got to have some more OLs..... I just don't get why we haven't offered a premier uncommitted OT from east of the Mississippi river. Why in the world would you not?

With Malzhan being an supposed O guru and running a Hybrid wing-T O, what's the dad-gum problem with him not recruiting a abundance of good O-linemen? He doesn't even TRY to go after them.... Even a decent high school coach that runs that O knows that it starts mainly with the O-LINE! 

http://www.espn.com/colleges/auburn/football/recruiting/offers

Here is the recruiting letters/offers AU sent out for those who said CGM isn’t doing enough! Driving me crazy when people talk about things they have no clue about!

1 hour ago, Tigger1985 said:

Who the Sam Hill do we have in charge of recruiting needs to go.

That would be Rodney Garner. Start a petition on this board, see if you get any support.

When the solution seems obvious we probably don't understand the problem.  Character issues, grades, bad coaches' recommendations, who knows what the problem may be?  I have no inside knowledge of why someone so highly qualified hasn't been offered, but I'll bet there's a reason we don't know about.

30 minutes ago, toddc said:

Here is the recruiting letters/offers AU sent out for those who said CGM isn’t doing enough! Driving me crazy when people talk about things they have no clue about!

I never suspected Malzahn wasn’t recruiting hard, just was odd to me why such a highly ranked recruit at a position of need wasn’t being pursued. Sure would like to see some of those uncommitted 4* tackles emerge as AU leans all the sudden...

33 minutes ago, toddc said:

Interesting, I don’t see Charles Moore on that list. Hmm.

51 minutes ago, Mikey said:

That would be Rodney Garner. Start a petition on this board, see if you get any support.

Wrong

5 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

1. It's not a geographic area we recruit often 2. Offering at this point for such a highly touted recruit would be a useless gesture anyway. I'm sure he's locked in with a few schools.

4 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Now that we have missed on Putnam, we've got to have some more OLs..... I just don't get why we haven't offered a premier uncommitted OT from east of the Mississippi river. Why in the world would you not?

Because this late in the cycle it's pointless to try to offer & try to start a relationship out of nowhere. I agree he should have been offered a long time ago. Putnam wouldn't factor in regardless. He was a Guard target for us.

3 hours ago, cctiger said:

With Malzhan being an supposed O guru and running a Hybrid wing-T O, what's the dad-gum problem with him not recruiting a abundance of good O-linemen? He doesn't even TRY to go after them.... Even a decent high school coach that runs that O knows that it starts mainly with the O-LINE! 

3 notable problems. 1. He puts his OL egs in a very few target baskets. 2, He doesn't cast a wide enough net to have a number of plan B options. The plan Bs he identifies he doesn't keep them simmering in case plan A is a miss.

2 hours ago, Tigger1985 said:

Cause we're stupid I guess. Should be calling everybody and sending letters like Bama does. Who the Sam Hill do we have in charge of recruiting needs to go.

Gus & Horton run OL recruiting & evals.

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Interesting, I don’t see Charles Moore on that list. Hmm.

It's ESPN. They do a crappy job keeping up with offers. 247 is a much better resource for that type of info.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Horton took over that title a year or 2 ago.

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

3 notable problems. 1. He puts his OL egs in a very few target baskets. 2, He doesn't cast a wide enough net to have a number of plan B options. The plan Bs he identifies he doesn't keep them simmering in case plan A is a miss.

I'll add he does not take full advantage of the analysis we have especially compared to other schools as well as he takes very little input from the offensive coaches

Archived