The Beginning of the End?

homersapien

Caveat: I'm a conservative, but not a Trump supporter.  But I wonder...........would liberals really take it any better from Mike Pence?  If so, then have at it.

Wanna ensure that every Trump supporter everywhere will come to the polls and vote in 2020?  Then impeach him, and Pence will easily beat Warren in 2020.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

Caveat: I'm a conservative, but not a Trump supporter.  But I wonder...........would liberals really take it any better from Mike Pence?  If so, then have at it.

Wanna ensure that every Trump supporter everywhere will come to the polls and vote in 2020?  Then impeach him, and Pence will easily beat Warren in 2020.

Do you see President Trump as a conservative? 

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Do you see President Trump as a conservative? 

Not necessarily.  I'm not sure what Trump is.  He's pretty unique, and not in a good way.

Not necessarily.  I'm not sure what Trump is.  He's pretty unique, and not in a good way.

Why do you think "not in a good a good way"?

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Why do you think "not in a good a good way"?

I think his Twitter habit is detrimental and downright childish.  It contributes to the overshadowing of any good things he does. 

24 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

To your first part, yes, I think liberals would take better to Pence.  He would at least act like a President has historically carried himself and I believe his views on foreign policy are much more aligned with traditional American doctrine than Trump's, which tend to be more transactional.

To your second point, I actually agree with you, though I don't think it would be Pence.  Believe it would be another bombastic, Trump-style candidate.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

To your first part, yes, I think liberals would take better to Pence.  He would at least act like a President has historically carried himself and I believe his views on foreign policy are much more aligned with traditional American doctrine than Trump's, which tend to be more transactional.

To your second point, I actually agree with you, though I don't think it would be Pence.  Believe it would be another bombastic, Trump-style candidate.

I like Pence better as well.  But it takes impeachment to get there, and to me it's not worth it.

Like @homersapien, I lived through the Nixon impeachment.  And it was bad.  Yes it had to be done, but it was bad.  The aftermath was a macabre feeling throughout this country, the likes of which haven't been seen since. 

5 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

But it takes impeachment to get there, and to me it's not worth it.

Like @homersapien, I lived through the Nixon impeachment.  And it was bad.  Yes it had to be done, but it was bad

Why are we impeaching President Trump?

4 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Why are we impeaching President Trump?

I don't know that we are impeaching him.  Do you think we will?

1 minute ago, KolchakAU85 said:

I don't know that we are impeaching him.  Do you think we will?

You brought it up. I assume you think it is a strong possibility. You do not like his tweeting and liberals hate the man.

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

You brought it up. I assume you think it is a strong possibility. You do not like his tweeting and liberals hate the man.

I didn't bring it up.  The OP did.  I was just participating.

I think impeachment may happen, but I hope not.

Heck, I hate most of his Tweets and very much dislike Trump too, and I'm not a liberal.  I just hope we get a better batch of candidates to choose from in 2020, all the way around.  We can do better than Trump/Hillary...at least I hope we can.

2 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

I didn't bring it up.  The OP did.  I was just participating.

I think impeachment may happen, but I hope not.

I see and apologize. You are correct,  impeachment will come up quickly. The next couple of years will not be pretty.

I lived through the Nixon years. Nothing other than fraternity pranks and cover-up. This one is going to be ugly.  

34 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Heck, I hate most of his Tweets and very much dislike Trump too, and I'm not a liberal.  I just hope we get a better batch of candidates to choose from in 2020, all the way around.  We can do better than Trump/Hillary...at least I hope we can.

This falls on voters though.  Very few in this country actually participate in the primary process.  Remember, Republicans alone had a field of 15.  We as voters can't wait until the general and then complain about the candidate pool if we don't participate earlier.

11 hours ago, KolchakAU85 said:

This is a conversation my wife and I- both liberals- had. I would strongly prefer Pence to Trump. At the beginning of this administration, my wife felt the opposite way. That probably wasn't uncommon in liberal households a couple years ago. She's less certain about that now. We can reverse any bad, anti-feminist policy that Pence might push through. Trump seems capable of more permanent damage to our democracy, via both will and careless ineptitude. I'd rather my Uber driver take me to the wrong address than be an angry, drunk 12 year old who doesn't even know how to drive. 

11 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

I see and apologize. You are correct,  impeachment will come up quickly. The next couple of years will not be pretty.

I lived through the Nixon years. Nothing other than fraternity pranks and cover-up. This one is going to be ugly.  

"fraternity pranks"?  :-\

That's how you described a break-in and burglary?

After spending a lil time in IN in 2015 and 2016, I find that I am worried that Pence may be even more reviled than Trump on a few issues. If Pence gets to name the replacement for RBG, he is going to name a very Right Wing Justice. It will be armageddon for the Pro-Abortion Crowd.

On 1/5/2019 at 2:31 AM, DKW 86 said:

After spending a lil time in IN in 2015 and 2016, I find that I am worried that Pence may be even more reviled than Trump on a few issues. If Pence gets to name the replacement for RBG, he is going to name a very Right Wing Justice. It will be armageddon for the Pro-Abortion Crowd.

As long as he’s actually loyal to America, he’d be an upgrade. Of course, what we don’t know is why Manafort recommended him.

Tex, Pence is a closet whacko IMHO. He was scary on the evening news in IN. Even for someone from AL, this guy is scary. He is way-over-the-top evangelical.

2 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Tex, Pence is a closet whacko IMHO. He was scary on the evening news in IN. Even for someone from AL, this guy is scary. He is way-over-the-top evangelical.

I know he's basically "all gays and women who have abortions should burn" evangelical, but is he "God is telling me to nuke all Muslim countries" evangelical? 

Archived