Coaching Staff Changes?

WarEagle1982

44 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Patrick Suddes leaving for Georgia Tech, same job.  Gus is gonna miss him

Maybe he ran out of Recruiting Gif’s on Twitter so he needs to hit the reset button on a new fan base?

Kidding aside,   He was fun to follow on Twitter.  

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bigbird said:

The other I've tried to push was Alex Atkins. Unfortunately, he just took the OC job at Charlotte. 

I feel like our next position hire is going to be pretty big. We need a shot in recruiting as a whole. Some excitement. I know many didn't like him but I'm talking some trooper type energy and excitement. Football needs to be fun here again

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The other I've tried to push was Alex Atkins. Unfortunately, he just took the OC job at Charlotte. 

When it comes to recruiting offensive linemen, Atkins has a few requirements.

"No. 1, toughness and durability. It's a gritty position, and you need guys who can withstand the game," he said. "Then athleticism. I want a guy, that if he weren't bigger, he could play any position in football."

Booooo

But at least now I don't have to choose between him and the other guy when drafting my fantasy assistant coach team. 

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I feel like our next position hire is going to be pretty big. We need a shot in recruiting as a whole. Some excitement. I know many didn't like him but I'm talking some trooper type energy and excitement. Football needs to be fun here again

Hopefully someone like Bill Bedenbaugh 😁

tenor.gif?itemid=7244157

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

When it comes to recruiting offensive linemen, Atkins has a few requirements.

"No. 1, toughness and durability. It's a gritty position, and you need guys who can withstand the game," he said. "Then athleticism. I want a guy, that if he weren't bigger, he could play any position in football."

Athleticism?? Why would we need athletes in football? Over rated quality

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Athleticism?? Why would we need athletes in football? Over rated quality

tenor.gif?itemid=11210702

53 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Trooper definitely was a rah rah type of guy who helped in Recruiting and fired up the fanbase. I would not mind another Trooper type coach who was a better developer of talent and without some of the baggage that some said he brought.

The thread may be fun for us to play AU fantesy football but let’s face it; Gus isnt going to make any changes.  He doesn't seem to see the problems the rest of us do.  

On 1/7/2019 at 11:38 AM, kd4au said:

Ah come on give us some names. I would say if there isn't a homerun hire we can make on the o-line then we should keep Grimes.

Hiring literally ANYONE to replace Grimes should be considered a homerun.

The dude is tremendously holding our program back from what it could and should be.

On 1/9/2019 at 1:32 PM, AuburnNTexas said:

Trooper definitely was a rah rah type of guy who helped in Recruiting and fired up the fanbase. I would not mind another Trooper type coach who was a better developer of talent and without some of the baggage that some said he brought.

What baggage did he bring?

And when have our WRs collectively performed as well as they did under Troop?

12 minutes ago, L I G E R said:

What baggage did he bring?

And when have our WRs collectively performed as well as they did under Troop?

2014 IB. Maybe the 2013 TAMU game. Otherwise, LOL. 

43 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

2014 IB. Maybe the 2013 TAMU game. Otherwise, LOL. 

TY

Are there any actual indications that Gus is actively trying to replace Grimes?

I ask because it seems he's the one coach you'd WANT TO replace before national signing day, yet all I see is some names given by posters, etc but nothing official nor any insider saying "he's being replaced".

Otherwise, I'm just assuming Grimes is next year's OL coach and Gus will regret it by mid-season.

53 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I ask because it seems he's the one coach you'd WANT TO replace before national signing day, yet all I see is some names given by posters, etc but nothing official nor any insider saying "he's being replaced".

Otherwise, I'm just assuming Grimes is next year's OL coach and Gus will regret it by mid-season.

Yes if he was replacing him it’d be for recruiting. So I think he’s probably sticking with him. 

20 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I have yet to see Gus make one proactive hire on his side of the ball to Improve his O staff’s performance. JJ forced Gus’ hand to replace RL. He picks O staffers like a High School AD needing someone coaching say Track & Field to pull double duty and fill a vacated girls volleyball position. How he can’t see the difference in talent, experience & performance of Steele’s assistants versus his is baffling. 

Bringing Kendall Simmons in to help Grimes could pay off in the future. Grimes is still a very good on field coach. The offensive line grew the last few ballgames after a lot of bumps and bruises early in the season. I think the line will play much better in 2019. 

9 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Bringing Kendall Simmons in to help Grimes could pay off in the future. Grimes is still a very good on field coach. The offensive line grew the last few ballgames after a lot of bumps and bruises early in the season. I think the line will play much better in 2019. 

I agree so much with this. The last few regular season games they did a decent to good job. I expect much better play next year. If only we could get recruiting going.....

1 hour ago, casatiger said:

That is what is being said as a likely scenario on another site.   

probably means nothing IMO    too much unsubstantiated rumor-mongering by bored football fans....😕

29 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Is Greg Brown gonna keep his job? I heard last week that he might be on the way out.

Then stop talking to yourself

7 hours ago, autigeremt said:

We better:poke:

Archived