Auburn drops to 14

Win4AU

Not surprising considering another poor showing on the road.  Losses do look pretty good so far so shouldn’t hurt RPI too much.  Need to prove road games aren’t going to ruin this season against a very average A&M team Wednesday.  Need another good showing against UK Saturday at home.  

I’d guess Auburn would be a 4-5 seed at this point?  Too early for that talk😁?

I haven't seen TAMU play this year (outside of the last play to beat Bama lol), how do we match up with them?

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

Not surprising considering another poor showing on the road.  Losses do look pretty good so far so shouldn’t hurt RPI too much.  Need to prove road games aren’t going to ruin this season against a very average A&M team Wednesday.  Need another good showing against UK Saturday at home.  

I’d guess Auburn would be a 4-5 seed at this point?  Too early for that talk😁?

Somebody had us 6th seed the other day.....but anything inside the arena is OK with me.   A long way to go and some difficult games on the road. 

14 sounds fair to me. And maybe a little higher then i was expecting.....but looking at scores a lot of the lower half of top 25 got beat last week. 

We do need to get a couple road wins in the next few games. Both A&M and eUSC coming up on the road. They will be lower half of SEC at years end so should be some of our better changes to get a couple road wins

7 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I haven't seen TAMU play this year (outside of the last play to beat Bama lol), how do we match up with them?

They lost to Texas Southern by 15 at home. TSU is 7-9. They have a few impressive wins but also have taken L's against teams like Lamar, Tulane, Evansville, and Prairie View. I feel good about what we should be able to do, but I probably won't relax about the game until it's over and we've got more points. 

2 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

They lost to Texas Southern by 15 at home. TSU is 7-9. They have a few impressive wins but also have taken L's against teams like Lamar, Tulane, Evansville, and Prairie View. I feel good about what we should be able to do, but I probably won't relax about the game until it's over and we've got more points. 

Last year I would've felt better about an inconsistent team matched up against us. But our opponents will get up for playing against a top 15 opponent, particularly if we're on the road. I hope we come out focused and ready to go!

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Last year I would've felt better about an inconsistent team matched up against us. But our opponents will get up for playing against a top 15 opponent, particularly if we're on the road. I hope we come out focused and ready to go!

Focused and aggressive. We are letting the opponent dictate the flow of the game when we go on the road. We've got to drive to the basket more away from home. Have to. 

8 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Focused and aggressive. We are letting the opponent dictate the flow of the game when we go on the road. We've got to drive to the basket more away from home. Have to. 

Exactly. I kind of want to see Malik start vs TAMU if for nothing else he takes no crap and a nice aggressive play early can help our guys set the tone not just to let TAMU that we comin but also help our guys kind of lock in. And of course he's been playing well on top of that.

A&M had one of the biggest and best front courts in the country last year and they lost all of those guys. Williams and Hogg were both really good and they had another 7 footer that dominated us too that left. They’re in a big time rebuilding mode and definitely don’t have the crazy size advantage that they did against AU last year

1 minute ago, Gene Loblaw said:

A&M had one of the biggest and best front courts in the country last year and they lost all of those guys. Williams and Hogg were both really good and they had another 7 footer that dominated us too that left. They’re in a big time rebuilding mode and definitely don’t have the crazy size advantage that they did against AU last year

beat bama in ttown...so that's something.....like many SEC teams....every game seems to be a new event for the players and nobody knows....well, other than Tennessee.

20 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Exactly. I kind of want to see Malik start vs TAMU if for nothing else he takes no crap and a nice aggressive play early can help our guys set the tone not just to let TAMU that we comin but also help our guys kind of lock in. And of course he's been playing well on top of that.

Willis or Miller?  You think Willis ready to run with the first team offense?  😁.  Dunbar has been coming on the past couple games.  A Mac looked like he’s back against UGA.  Need an inside presence because Wiley isn’t cutting it lately.  Open up the outside Bryce and Harper more.  I’m waiting for McCormick to start going off as well.  

Thankfully the Ole Miss loss doesn’t look as bad with them playing well. If we lose to A&M we need to seriously reevaluate the lineup. 

Archived