Sign in to follow this  
Tigerpro2a

AU coaches' recruiter rankings (All Threads Merged)

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

There are ways to coach a guy to catch better. There aren't any ways or methods that Coach A at P5 Program 1 is using and Coach B at P5 Program 2 isn't. Nor are blue chip WRs learning much about catching the ball better at the college level. They are blue chip WRs playing at the college level because they already know how to catch.

I'm curious, though, if this conversation is unique to Auburn fans. We LOVE to act like a guy drops everything thrown at him, as though it only happens to our guys. There might be a dozen guys in CFB at any given time who don't drop a pass from time to time. Probably not that many. Guys in the NFL drop passes all the time. Julio Jones drops passes with some regularity. 

You know who doesn't drop passes? DeAndre Hopkins. That's the list.

Anyway. DCraig's guys dropped passes. Kodi's guys drop passes. Ben Obamanu dropped a pass. It happens. What Auburn has a problem with now is getting guys open and getting them the ball. 

It just seemed some where alluding to the fact you couldn’t teach technique on catching the ball. Maybe I missed their point.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Sorry. I can't keep from laughing while reading this.

Laughing at me or with me? I was hoping to get a response from those arguing about this. May be playing with fire by poking the bears!

Edited by toddc
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, toddc said:

It just seemed some where alluding to the fact you couldn’t teach technique on catching the ball. Maybe I missed their point.

What somebody suggested is that Kodi is teaching our WRs something about catching technique that Craig did not. That is highly unlikely for a couple reasons. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You know who doesn't drop passes? DeAndre Hopkins. That's the list.

Oh really? My madden online franchise says otherwise Loof. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, toddc said:

Laughing at me or with me? I was hoping to get a response from those arguing about this. May be playing with fire by poking the bears!

Not at you. It just read funny to my demented mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

There are ways to coach a guy to catch better. There aren't any ways or methods that Coach A at P5 Program 1 is using and Coach B at P5 Program 2 isn't. Nor are blue chip WRs learning much about catching the ball better at the college level. They are blue chip WRs playing at the college level because they already know how to catch.

To me, what a blue chip WR learns about catching at the college level is focus.  Most elite WR have the priorities where they need to be when arriving on campus and the position coach better not mess with his natural ability.  If he suddenly starts dropping passes it’s between his ears, not his hands.  JMO. 

ETA:  Garner is a great recruiter. 

Edited by I_M4_AU
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

If he suddenly starts dropping passes it’s between his ears, not his hands.  JMO. 

100%

 

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

ETA:  Garner is a great recruiter. 

100%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, toddc said:

Laughing at me or with me? I was hoping to get a response from those arguing about this. May be playing with fire by poking the bears!

It's so dumb I don't want to argue it but I'll bite tell me the techniques of when to bread basket a catch and when to extend to catch....I'll help you.....you're supposed to try to extend to make a catch every time you jump up to catch a ball

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the different techniques to catching a ball.....use both hands....some people break their fingers.....you have to hire a million dollar coach to teach you how to break your fingers though..😂😂😂 man you can't make this stuff up on what some people will say on here

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am anxious how the Caddy & DIlly will wind up down the road. I see each of these young guns doing a great job down the road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2019 at 1:58 PM, auburn4ever said:

Gus didn't do all he could to keep DC on our staff. I'd much either have Craig as WR coach then Burns.

Are people still discussing DCraig? lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Here's the different techniques to catching a ball.....use both hands....some people break their fingers.....you have to hire a million dollar coach to teach you how to break your fingers though..😂😂😂 man you can't make this stuff up on what some people will say on here

It was supposed to sound dumb to rile some people up who waste so much space on here arguing the same points as last year and the year before that. Some of the arguments turn into short novels and waste everybody’s time. I just can’t believe how some people on the board want to argue for days with others who won’t change their minds. You definitely took the bait, hook, line, sinker, rod, and boat! My point is that sometimes it’s better to just move on. I will take my own advice here and move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, toddc said:

It was supposed to sound dumb to rile some people up who waste so much space on here arguing the same points as last year and the year before that. Some of the arguments turn into short novels and waste everybody’s time. I just can’t believe how some people on the board want to argue for days with others who won’t change their minds. You definitely took the bait, hook, line, sinker, rod, and boat! My point is that sometimes it’s better to just move on. I will take my own advice here and move on.

Lol is that what you did? I think if everybody just worried about themselves and not tried to dictate other people's decisions everything would be just fine. I mean how can someone's post waste your time? Just don't read it, just seems like the people who say things like that really like to talk but don't want anybody to say things back to them.....it's easy though either participate or don't. No harm no foul

Edited by cole256

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2019 at 12:38 PM, ellitor said:

Very misleading ranking. Why I rarely look at or reference them. The actual main recruiters are actually often different that who 247 has listed. Coach Garner deserves to be commended no doubt but just on his commits alone Woodson is as involved if not more for Zion, Hand, & Hall plus Simpson & Kelly who are listed for him as well as Sheffield & Pritchett who are not listed for him.

Porter is only given credit for Fromm & Deal but he had a solid hand in all our offensive skill signees/ commits especially DJ & heavily responsible for where we are with MAR.

I am a simple man. I see some Larry Porter love and I hit the like button! lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woodson was our MVP this recruiting cycle regardless of what happens from now to signing day. Though if he can close on Charles Moore this will have been one of the most impressive hauls for a first year assistant coach at Auburn in quite some time specifically because we do not/can not/ have not recruited the state of MS well lately. Frankly we have barely even tried recently till we hired him last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, toddc said:

It was supposed to sound dumb to rile some people up who waste so much space on here arguing the same points as last year and the year before that. Some of the arguments turn into short novels and waste everybody’s time. I just can’t believe how some people on the board want to argue for days with others who won’t change their minds. You definitely took the bait, hook, line, sinker, rod, and boat! My point is that sometimes it’s better to just move on. I will take my own advice here and move on.

Get used to it. Until Gus is gone a lot of us including myself are going to be some severely pissed TF off football fans. If you want to see me spewing sunshine out of my ass at all times including after losses come on over to the basketball forum. We have a proven established really good coach who I believe in even if so far we are not having the season I and others had hoped for. I am not going to hide my disdain for the guy as it pertains to him being our football coach. We could find a lot cheaper options to get the results Arthur Gustav Malzahn III has. 

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Woodson was our MVP this recruiting cycle regardless of what happens from now to signing day. Though if he can close on Charles Moore this will have been one of the most impressive hauls for a first year assistant coach at Auburn in quite some time specifically because we do not/can not/ have not recruited the state of MS well lately. Frankly we have barely even tried recently till we hired him last year. 

FWIW the talent level there has been down as of recent. Plus Ole Miss was recruiting the state (though illegally) pretty well. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2019 at 4:26 PM, AU64 said:

How would anyone even know....?   counting commits?   bet about anyone could be a top recruiter at bama right now....or uga or Clemson. 

JMO but the best recruiter in the bunch is the guy from Ga Tech who has less to work with than just about any school or recruiter on the list. 

Or Auburn. Gene Chizik who was about as average as a coach can be had guys who can pull in a top 5 or 6 class. He also won a national championship, but that is a whole different argument.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2019 at 8:28 AM, cole256 said:

Right pretty much EVERYBODY on EARTH runs the same exact drills. There's no super trick or technique. If you want to be able to catch you go to a jugg machine and you catch 500 balls. You get with the qb and work with him for hours at a time. Now there's a bunch of different things to teach as far as identifying coverage, how to attack them, lining up, your stance, your release, setting up your defender, blocking, using your eyes, attacking the ball in the air, but nobody can really teach you how to catch......you work on that yourself. A wr dropping a pass is the LAST thing you blame on a wr coach. If that wr was open and had a chance at the ball the wr coach has done an excellent job. 

I realized I failed to report back from Youtube...the most striking drill appears to be the "butter on the hands" drill.  I think it could be the difference between playoffs and no playoffs...thoughts?

Edit - I tried to post the video here but the site seems to think it's offensive content...probably because the cover image shows a young teen with a white thick oily substance smeared all over his hands.

Edited by AUDevil
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Edit - I tried to post the video here but the site seems to think it's offensive content

The site is having issues dealing with embedded videos & tweets right now. It's been reported.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I realized I failed to report back from Youtube...the most striking drill appears to be the "butter on the hands" drill.  I think it could be the difference between playoffs and no playoffs...thoughts?

Edit - I tried to post the video here but the site seems to think it's offensive content...probably because the cover image shows a young teen with a white thick oily substance smeared all over his hands.

I'm sure Mikey is all over Craig letting him know this drill technique should've been incorporated and he missed out as kodi took advantage. If only ALL schools knew that we had the coach with the technique that eliminates drops in this wonderful sport

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm sure Mikey is all over Craig letting him know this drill technique should've been incorporated and he missed out as kodi took advantage. If only ALL schools knew that we had the coach with the technique that eliminates drops in this wonderful sport

Shug Jordan would teach guys how to catch by throwing rocks at their heads. If they didn't catch it or sustained a serious eye injury, they had to do up-downs until they passed out. Not sure how we forgot to coach football since Shug Jordan taught us everything there is to know. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm sure Mikey is all over Craig letting him know

Craig is elsewhere now. It suits me fine if he never learns the techniques that Kodi is using to repair the pass catching damage Craig did to our WR guys.

  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Get used to it. Until Gus is gone a lot of us including myself are going to be some severely pissed TF off football fans. If you want to see me spewing sunshine out of my ass at all times including after losses come on over to the basketball forum. We have a proven established really good coach who I believe in even if so far we are not having the season I and others had hoped for. I am not going to hide my disdain for the guy as it pertains to him being our football coach. We could find a lot cheaper options to get the results Arthur Gustav Malzahn III has. 

I don’t have a problem with CGM haters(although I’m not one of them), it’s the back and forth over the same tired argument where neither side is going to change their mind. Also arguing about simple differences in “opinion “ and not facts of a matter. I like almost all of your posts, especially when you get out the “woooos and let’s gooo” stuff! Fires me up brother.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, cole256 said:

Lol is that what you did? I think if everybody just worried about themselves and not tried to dictate other people's decisions everything would be just fine. I mean how can someone's post waste your time? Just don't read it, just seems like the people who say things like that really like to talk but don't want anybody to say things back to them.....it's easy though either participate or don't. No harm no foul

You’re going to have to figure out that a lot of people blaming DC and tbe receivers are the same ones that had Sean White shrines in their closets and just knew that Sean White could run a 4.6 by the end of his career. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this