Rest of the way

tigerbrotha12

So looking at the remaining SEC Schedule, there are LSU, UK, UT and then a log jam. There are four teams at 9-6 and two teams (including us) at 8-7. These six teams are competing for 4th in the league. Here is how I would project it is likely to shake out: 

USC: probably has the easiest remaining schedule, but it does include 2 road games. I'd project one loss and a 11-7 finish. 

UF: has a very difficult schedule remaining with UK and LSU left and 2 of their remaining 3 games on the road. I'd project a 10-8 finish.

UM: has a very manageable schedule left, although 2 of their games are also on the road. I'd project on loss to UK and a 10-8 finish.

MSU: has a difficult remaining slate playing at AU and UT. I'd project 2 losses and a 10-8 finish. 

AU: has a difficult remaining slate, but the hardest games are at home. We should be favored in all three games. I'd project 1 loss and a 10-8 finish. 

UA: has a difficult remaining schedule with AU and LSU at home. I'd project a 9-9 finish. 

That would put USC fourth in the league and AU in a 4 way tie for 5th. Arkansas and Mizzo could play the spoiler for some of these teams based on the remaining schedules. 

We will see how it shakes out. And @cole256 I'll be willing to acknowledge my miss if I'm way off in a few days. 😎

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, saw on twitter where we are 15-2 when McCormick gets 10 minutes or more and 3-7 when he doesn't. I've said a few times recently he needs more minutes. 

2 minutes ago, JwgreDeux said:

Also, saw on twitter where we are 15-2 when McCormick gets 10 minutes or more and 3-7 when he doesn't. I've said a few times recently he needs more minutes. 

He has had a game or 2 in SEC play where he looked really bad. I think LSU might be the one i am thinking of? I tend to agree he needs more time out there but i don't think its as straightforward as those stats make it sound. His minutes have been limited at times for good reason. But who hasn't had an awful game or 2 on this team?

I think that stat is the case because when he's just too bad to keep on the floor Harper's play suffers due to lack of rest resulting in our entire team's play suffering because we go as Harper goes 

But he played his best game yet vs UGA. Hoping that's a sign of things to come 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2019 at 12:40 PM, JwgreDeux said:

So looking at the remaining SEC Schedule, there are LSU, UK, UT and then a log jam. There are four teams at 9-6 and two teams (including us) at 8-7. These six teams are competing for 4th in the league. Here is how I would project it is likely to shake out: 

USC: probably has the easiest remaining schedule, but it does include 2 road games. I'd project one loss and a 11-7 finish. 

UF: has a very difficult schedule remaining with UK and LSU left and 2 of their remaining 3 games on the road. I'd project a 10-8 finish.

UM: has a very manageable schedule left, although 2 of their games are also on the road. I'd project on loss to UK and a 10-8 finish.

MSU: has a difficult remaining slate playing at AU and UT. I'd project 2 losses and a 10-8 finish. 

AU: has a difficult remaining slate, but the hardest games are at home. We should be favored in all three games. I'd project 1 loss and a 10-8 finish. 

UA: has a difficult remaining schedule with AU and LSU at home. I'd project a 9-9 finish. 

That would put USC fourth in the league and AU in a 4 way tie for 5th. Arkansas and Mizzo could play the spoiler for some of these teams based on the remaining schedules. 

We will see how it shakes out. And @cole256 I'll be willing to acknowledge my miss if I'm way off in a few days. 😎

Well I missed on a few games, but USC ended up 4th and is 5th as predicted. 

On 3/1/2019 at 3:17 PM, JwgreDeux said:

I think people tend to not want to doubt Pearl, but it’s evident that running Harper ragged in that middle sec stretch just wasn’t very smart during late 2nd halves. He clearly couldn’t put anything behind his 3s and was just tired. JVon has to know his role and what he’s good at (scoring, primarily via slashing), but hopefully the last game was indicative of that realization 

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 1:01 AM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think people tend to not want to doubt Pearl, but it’s evident that running Harper ragged in that middle sec stretch just wasn’t very smart during late 2nd halves. He clearly couldn’t put anything behind his 3s and was just tired. JVon has to know his role and what he’s good at (scoring, primarily via slashing), but hopefully the last game was indicative of that realization 

JMO from what impressions I get here.....but people seem to mostly overlook mistakes by Harper but JVon is typically held accountable for every one of his.  We really need JH fresh as possible at crunch time...last 4 or 5 minutes of a game. ..would be nice to see more of JVon early in games if things are going OK for us :dunno: 

57 minutes ago, AU64 said:

JMO from what impressions I get here.....but people seem to mostly overlook mistakes by Harper but JVon is typically held accountable for every one of his.  We really need JH fresh as possible at crunch time...last 4 or 5 minutes of a game. ..would be nice to see more of JVon early in games if things are going OK for us :dunno: 

Its called equity.....

Javon has really come on well at the end of the season and i have little doubt that his minutes will continue to increase if he continues to play well. Its funny that every one of our players have had 2-5 games where they were just inexplicably terrible. Brown had UAB. Harper had NC ST. Javon had LSU. Okeke went awal for the first few SEC games.....I'm no sure what causes that but i'm hopeful they got them out of the way early and we are ready to kick butt over the next couple weeks

Archived