Men vs. Vanderbilt

WarTiger

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Look at that balance! 4 with 15, 1 with 10 and Fish with 5 threes. 

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

Look at that balance! 4 with 15, 1 with 10 and Fish with 5 threes. 

LOOK AT MAMADOU!!!!!!!!!! a perfect 5 for 5 baby!!! WOOOOOO!!!!

49 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

The good news is Okeke seems to be playing better, this game he kept Dunbar in more, the bad news is our guards keep the ball to much and don't look for anybody else.  Brown can be instant offense but when he is not hitting he hurts the team by not trying to get the ball to the hot player.

We need to see a lot more of Dunbar and Purifoy at the three.  I think we have lost our big men this year because they are getting frustrated when they get open on cuts or get good position down low they are not getting the ball. That affect not only our scoring but it affects their effort on the boards.  I know we can board better then we have in last few games because I saw the bama game. bama is near the top in boards in the SEC and we matched them by crashing the boards and blocking out. Since then we have quit doing that.

Height helps with rebounding but position, blocking out, and effort are more important than height.

Horace, Wiley, and Chuma need to be better at recognizing g when they can take it to the hoop. A couple times today, Chuma and Horace passed the ball back out after having relatively easy matchups inside. I think this come back to our '3-pointer first' mentality.

A win is a win, and I'll never complain about a win.

That said, Auburn shot 35% and couldn't put away the worst team in the SEC until the closing minute. Brown still goes into his "dance mode," dribbling around rather than passing. Wiley is still just kinda "out there." But Dunbar played pretty well, and I wish McLemore would see the ball more. He's under-utilized.

Arkansas next. At home, so I'm optimistic the Tigers can pull off a W.

4 minutes ago, AURex said:

A win is a win, and I'll never complain about a win.

That said, Auburn shot 35% and couldn't put away the worst team in the SEC until the closing minute. Brown still goes into his "dance mode," dribbling around rather than passing. Wiley is still just kinda "out there." But Dunbar played pretty well, and I wish McLemore would see the ball more. He's under-utilized.

Arkansas next. At home, so I'm optimistic the Tigers can pull off a W.

I am not optimistic unless we can not play like the drizzling sh*%s like we have the last 2 games. Performance wise it was the worst 2 games of the season. I hope we can have one of our patented dominant performances at home for Arky. Gafford is going to eat us alive in the interior. Dude is a lottery pick. SO we better be ON from three. 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

LOOK AT MAMADOU!!!!!!!!!! a perfect 5 for 5 baby!!! WOOOOOO!!!!

In FG and FT!

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

In FG and FT!

It was so fun to say his name and get excited when he had a dunk or a swat!!!! WOOOOO!!!!!

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

It was so fun to say his name and get excited when he had a dunk or a swat!!!! WOOOOO!!!!!

How about the double Swat by Dunbar today? I don't even think your man King James has done that.  That was impressive. 

Just now, AUBwins said:

How about the double Swat by Dunbar today? I don't even think your man King James has done that.  That was impressive. 

HAHAHAHAHA dang don't do me like that. HE IS A FREAK ATHLETE!!!! I bet he def is going to be in the college dunk contest that they have every year at the end of the season on espn during final 4 week. He would kill it.

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

@Dual-Threat Rigby was not even born yet the last time we beat Vandy and I was only 11 lol. So Hell yah I will take this W and be happy about it! I do not care how ugly it was or how bad we played or how bad vandy is! hahaha.

they shouldve played Purifoy more and they wouldve won by 30!

5 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

The good news is Okeke seems to be playing better, this game he kept Dunbar in more, the bad news is our guards keep the ball to much and don't look for anybody else.  Brown can be instant offense but when he is not hitting he hurts the team by not trying to get the ball to the hot player.

We need to see a lot more of Dunbar and Purifoy at the three.  I think we have lost our big men this year because they are getting frustrated when they get open on cuts or get good position down low they are not getting the ball. That affect not only our scoring but it affects their effort on the boards.  I know we can board better then we have in last few games because I saw the bama game. bama is near the top in boards in the SEC and we matched them by crashing the boards and blocking out. Since then we have quit doing that.

Height helps with rebounding but position, blocking out, and effort are more important than height.

hard to wanna hustle when you gotta scan all around the rim just to get a look. Although our bigs have very bad touch around the rim, admittedly

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am not optimistic unless we can not play like the drizzling sh*%s like we have the last 2 games. Performance wise it was the worst 2 games of the season. I hope we can have one of our patented dominant performances at home for Arky. Gafford is going to eat us alive in the interior. Dude is a lottery pick. SO we better be ON from three. 

Our patented dominant performances come against teams that aren’t very good and Arky isn’t very good. I’d say we are due for one. :) 

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I remember a sign someone brought to the game that read "Nobody packs your lunch like Momadou." One of the best signs I've ever seen. 

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

I remember a sign someone brought to the game that read "Nobody packs your lunch like Momadou." One of the best signs I've ever seen. 

Was it one of the Cliff Dwellers who brought it?! hahaha Love that student section name. 

1 hour ago, NoALtiger said:

Our patented dominant performances come against teams that aren’t very good and Arky isn’t very good. I’d say we are due for one. :) 

They are still decent enough where they still worry me. Just like florida and bama did. The beat LSU on the road so I def am going to keep my guard up for this one. HOPE YOUR RIGHT!!!! LETS GOO!!!!! we need one of our 80 plus offensive outbursts and 3 point barrage where we win by 15 plus. 

20 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Was it one of the Cliff Dwellers who brought it?! hahaha Love that student section name. 

Great name indeed. Pretty sure it was a student. Cliff gave us some fun basketball to watch for sure. 

That's the thing that Bruce is doing this season that I don't like, he's not even trying to do anything with the line up. There were more than a couple of reasons he should've tried Dunbar or DP at the 3 spot....

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Even Scotty P didn't shoot that many 3's and it was literally the only thing he could do......my boy Brewer was scary good. Pearl would LOVE him as his point

Jvon, Samir, and Mac are all playing like ass right now. Time for Bruce to put Doughty out of his misery and give Dunbar those starter’s minutes. I’d play Ho Daddy over Mac too and let Danjel get all of Horace’s minutes that he was getting at the 4. It’s late in the season but they really need to figure out some new lineups and distribution of minutes. I’m beginning to think Wiley won’t be 100% again this season. Dude looks very hobbled out there

1 hour ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Jvon, Samir, and Mac are all playing like ass right now. Time for Bruce to put Doughty out of his misery and give Dunbar those starter’s minutes. I’d play Ho Daddy over Mac too and let Danjel get all of Horace’s minutes that he was getting at the 4. It’s late in the season but they really need to figure out some new lineups and distribution of minutes. I’m beginning to think Wiley won’t be 100% again this season. Dude looks very hobbled out there

Thank you.  But Bruce is stubborn in this regard for some reason.  I can't figure out why he's so enamored with Doughty - he probably couldn't start for Vanderbilt.

2 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

Thank you.  But Bruce is stubborn in this regard for some reason.  I can't figure out why he's so enamored with Doughty - he probably couldn't start for Vanderbilt.

Not sure what his options are …… Our four big guys....Spencer, Amac, DP and AW did almost nothing yesterday against the worst team in the league....total of 50 playing  minutes and only ONE offensive rebound for them.  .   

2 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

😮😮😮😮😮

Archived