Cam'Ron Kelly leaving the program

Timbeaux38

9 hours ago, Timbeaux38 said:

Early Enrollee and all...  Tweet made it seem like he is homesick?

That would be my guess.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My tidbits on the matter:

1. There was a day, not that long ago, where this would happen...and the player would just have to suck it up and move on with the decision they had made.

2. Wish he would have started listening to God before signing day.

3. At some point, is there going to be a rule to protect the schools on these transfers?  In a case like this, the school should get that scholarship back.

10 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

In a case like this, the school should get that scholarship back.

He will no longer take up a slot on the overall 85 limit, but he still cost us a slot on the annual limit. He'll have to apply for a waiver to play immediately at his new school, but the NCAA is passing those out like free popcorn. I'm with holding my well-wishes until I see where he lands. If he ends up at Miami or some similar place far distant from Virginia feelings will change.

Just now, Mikey said:

He will no longer take up a slot on the overall 85 limit, but he still cost us a slot on the annual limit. He'll have to apply for a waiver to play immediately at his new school, but the NCAA is passing those out like free popcorn. I'm with holding my well-wishes until I see where he lands. If he ends up at Miami or some similar place far distant from Virginia feelings will change.

In a situation like this, I'd like to see a rule where next year we can count one scholarship back to make up for it.  I'm also withholding my well-wishes...this seems off, especially to write so much, yet be so vague.

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Are people really raised to be this pessimistic? 

I think you're an awesome guy capable of doing many great things who will be blessed in life.  I hope you are gifted the desires of your heart.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

I don't think he is the kind of guy to do that.  Although I can see why you would say that as Byron Cowart left Auburn stating he would rather play closer to home in Florida and then transferred to Maryland.

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

There are a couple of red flags associated with this announcement. One would be health issues with both his mother and sister? There's some issue with both of them that just popped up recently? Possible but not likely.

The second concerning thing is a direct quote from him that's posted above  "...most importantly (I've been talking) to my mentors." Who are these mentors and where were they on signing day?

Maybe this is all legit. I'll give it time to wash out before becoming critical, but I'll also give it time before jumping on the "oh the poor guy" boat.

It really sounds just like a young kid suffering from homesickness.

11 hours ago, gr82be said:

I understand humor since most of my post are of that nature. The reason I didn't see your post as humorous was because of the following which I was aware of. Bye, Felicia is a dismissive term which can be used in a number of different contexts. Most simply and frequently, it is used as a cold way to bid someone a less-than-fond farewell. 

I've always respected your posts and a lot of them have an edgy touch to them. This one just seemed too edgy. That's all. 

Come guys let Felicia go as Gino would say

6 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It’s usually a learned trait. Why do you ask, Two Dogs?

Just wondering....

wouldn't it make more sense to finish the semester and get the credits?    He is only 5 or 6 weeks before he earns credits.   He is transferring after all.

I hope he finds his way and both his sister and mother recover.

15 hours ago, Mikey said:

but he still cost us a slot on the annual limit.

This is the part that really sucks for the team

15 hours ago, AUDevil said:

In a situation like this, I'd like to see a rule where next year we can count one scholarship back to make up for it.  I'm also withholding my well-wishes...this seems off, especially to write so much, yet be so vague.

Agreed, we should have an extra spot opened up for the next recruiting class. At the very least maybe a "transfer only" spot if we have to compromise.

Wish the best for the kid, I too was really excited for him. It's odd that it's both his sister and his mom are having medical issues at the same time. Virginia Tech is almost 5 hours from Chesapeake, UVA is about 3-4, and Duke is about 4. So, if he's playing D1 ball he's still a good trip away from being at home unfortunately. 

You know, I've become quite skilled in recognizing an a4e post only a few words into reading it without even looking at his avi. 

It's both a gift and a curse.

7 minutes ago, Tiger said:

You know, I've become quite skilled in recognizing an a4e post only a few words into reading it without even looking at his avi. 

It's both a gift and a curse.

Btw we are getting closer to finally discovering this several year long mystery of who is a4e. I am almost certain he is dothanman96 on the 247 board. They have the exact same posting style. They never respond when anyone quotes them and they just rehash the same talking points over and over and start several threads a day! 

4 hours ago, Beaker said:

Just wondering....

wouldn't it make more sense to finish the semester and get the credits?    He is only 5 or 6 weeks before he earns credits.   He is transferring after all.

I hope he finds his way and both his sister and mother recover.

Something to consider. He actually said that it involves his sister and his mother's health. I reread that last night and you can take it two ways. The way you took it which is how I took it the first time or that it involves his mother's health and that his sister is also being affected by it. Could be that his sister is overwhelmed right now with trying to care for the mother. Just a thought. 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Btw we are getting closer to finally discovering this several year long mystery of who is a4e. I am almost certain he is dothanman96 on the 247 board. They have the exact same posting style. They never respond when anyone quotes them and they just rehash the same talking points over and over and start several threads a day! 

Weird. Thought that was you. Haha

Some football fans are so weird. A kid says he needs to move back home for family reasons and people still complaining smh. Everything isn't about football

I think people are becoming conditioned to excuses to transfer and can’t seperate real need from them. Especially from our position where the hard facts are usually seldom known. Players with real need like Khari Harding and Cam’Ron, go for it and I wish them well.  There are others like the Washington signee that said he wanted to move closer to home (from Vegas I believe,) just to sign with Bama. They are the ones that complicate everything. 

Archived