Cam'Ron Kelly leaving the program

Timbeaux38

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

D2r10p4X4AEOlHu.jpg

D2r10p4XgAA45xM.jpg

Seems like an upstanding young man that has his head on straight. Wishing him and his family the best.

i wish the best for the young man and his family. in my old age my fam is gone so i applaud his decision. if things should turn bad for the young mans family it would be easier to handle mentally if he is close to home.

I hate to see him leave as well, but I wish him nothing but the best.  If his family is in trouble medically I am glad he is going back.  Very well written note, and seems 100% genuine.  War Eagle!

Gotta respect the kid.  Hate to lose the talent, but he certainly sounds like he has the right priorities in life...

I loved having sign with us and thought he had a great future at Auburn. Based on what he said he is a fine young man and is making the correct decision.  I am praying for his mother and sister.

Auburn's loss will definitely be another university's gain. Prayers for this young man and his family. Also kudos to Gus and staff again for the character of players they recruit. 

1 hour ago, Auburn Kev said:

Chesapeake, Virginia

Ahh. Yes he can certainly get closer. I was just hoping it wasn’t going to be a deal where he ends up about the same distance or farther away. 

47 minutes ago, alexava said:

Ahh. Yes he can certainly get closer. I was just hoping it wasn’t going to be a deal where he ends up about the same distance or farther away. 

I guess East Carolina is probably the closest D1 school, maybe UVA.  Duke/UNC/NCST wouldn't be too much farther.  Maryland would be fairly close too, which would be my preference.  If memory serves, Chesapeake is way, way over on the coast, so he's a couple of hours away from any big schools.  Maybe I'm misremembering.....

WDE!

What a GREAT kid! Thank you for sharing his letter. I wish him nothing but the best and pray that all works well for him, his family, and Auburn. I believe it will!!

3 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I hate seeing him leave. I had such high expectations for him.... But, ultimately there are only two words I have for him...

giphy.gif

I can't believe you of all people would respond to this player in that regard. That's a cold response for a young man who feels he needs to take care of his family. I seem to recall that you had to relocate from Oregon due to a hardship of your own. Hopefully no one there said "Bye Felicia" to you. 

@gr82be

I say that to my kids all the time when they say they are leaving. 

Nothing ill was meant. Jeez i should of known better to expect a sense of humor from this board.

And btw, I'm sure some did say that about me when I left Oregon. 

The whole Bye Felicia has been a big joke for years with the people ive hung around. 

I know it as a joke, not something to get my panties in a wad about

5 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

@gr82be

I say that to my kids all the time when they say they are leaving. 

Nothing ill was meant. Jeez i should of known better to expect a sense of humor from this board.

I understand humor since most of my post are of that nature. The reason I didn't see your post as humorous was because of the following which I was aware of. Bye, Felicia is a dismissive term which can be used in a number of different contexts. Most simply and frequently, it is used as a cold way to bid someone a less-than-fond farewell. 

I've always respected your posts and a lot of them have an edgy touch to them. This one just seemed too edgy. That's all. 

5 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

Does this allow a spot for a grad transfer? 

Not an extra spot. He still counts against the 25 annual limit. We already have two or three slots available if needed.

Archived