Auburn vs Jax State baseball

AU off to a good start ...Julien hits one over the scoreboard in center....waaay over and we are up 2-0 in bottom of first.

Bottom of the 2nd....two runners and none out.....hit by Ward brings in run number three....still no outs...

Well AU bats are hot tonight and Ward brings in a run to follow the RBI Sac Fly from Julien....now 5-0 ...after two. 

AU has just blown a 6 run lead and the cocks are not done this inning....

tied at 6

Please convince me we are not going to lose to Jax State, at home, after having a 6-0 lead. Arrrggghhh. 

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

Please convince me we are not going to lose to Jax State, at home, after having a 6-0 lead. Arrrggghhh. 

Jax State is a good team. They saw their chance and jumped on it.

Been only half watching but seems Jax is outhitting AU....we got off to a good start but things kinda dried up after that.

Time to get something going in the 5th.....

17 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Jax State is a good team. They saw their chance and jumped on it.

Just looked up there pitcher Magwood. Prior to tonight he has thrown 13 innings, given up 18 runs, 14 walks, and has a 10.12 era. He’s making us look silly at the plate. 

2 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Just looked up there pitcher Magwood. Prior to tonight he has thrown 13 innings, given up 18 runs, 14 walks, and has a 10.12 era. He’s making us look silly at the plate. 

Well he is a freshman so he's gonna have those really bad outings as he adjusts to college ball. He was very good tonight. Jax State has a great catcher too.

Decided to head over to change up the voodoo. Gotta start performing better in the midweek. Teams seems a little dependent on momentum at this point in the season. If something goes well, it all goes well. If something starts to go bad though, it falls all apart. Gotta keep working through these games with all these freshmen

Letting JSU hang in there by not even threatening at the plate. Dangerous proceedings for a midweek game against a lesser opponent. Gross has got to get these guys to be more competitive at the plate 

In danger now. JSU just loaded the bases with no outs in T7, then hit a 2 RBI double. We were up 6-0 in this game. JSU has scored 8 unanswered. If we don’t come back in this one, the one word is: pathetic.

JSU is fine, but their program is not Auburn. All of the sudden, we’ve gone completely anemic on offense after scoring 6 through the first 3 innings. We’ve got to be able to focus better.

The fact that this is the same team that swept Tennessee and beat MSU in their house absolutely infuriates me. Still no outs. Bases loaded again after a walk. Good grief Auburn, really? 

I appreciate the calm demeanor of our coaches, but the body language and energy level of our team screams for somebody to light a fire under them. Based on the last couple of weeks, I would say that time is now. 

2 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I appreciate the calm demeanor of our coaches, but the body language and energy level of our team screams for somebody to light a fire under them. Based on the last couple of weeks, I would say that time is now. 

I agree. Seems as if they go through the motions in the midweek, and their lack of focus has cost them dearly, so much so that I caught up to them this past weekend. 

Another walk. JSU leads 9-6. Still no outs. Stop walking batters. 

this has totally gotten away from us.....walking runs in...again.....gotta get to where the young guys can throw strikes.....if they hit 'em , they hit 'em.... but walking in runs is just deadly …..

Archived