Grimes: O-line ready to play like alpha dogs

aubiefifty

On 5/14/2019 at 9:11 AM, abw0004 said:

Braden Smith learned most of what he knows and developed the most under Grimes

Slow down turbo. Drago stayed 4 seasons. Coached by Grimes 2 and Hand 2. Was Smith considered a high draft pick going into his 3rd year? No. Does that mean Hand deserves the most credit No. But giving all of Dragos development to Grimes is... well... insincere AT BEST.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/14/2019 at 9:20 AM, dyehardfanAU said:

Sorry to come off as negative so frequently

Dont apologize. The Forever Gusers dont realize their complaining about peoples views are as (if not more) derailing than the "negative" comments. 

Its hard to be positive when we see so much negative. I used to be a huge Gus fan. But i got off that bus after 2017 LSU and i doubt ill ever get back on it. Because sure we may go 11-1 and make a CFP run in 2019, but we all know in 2020 Gus will be right back to 4+ loss Gus. 

Point is, we are getting destroyed in recruiting. Our rivals are stacking up 5*s when we argue about how stars dont matter and how a 3* is as good as a 5*. We are losing guys because someone on staff couldnt count to 5. We are getting slammed by thr national media over their accurate assessment of our player development. We havent had a 1st round draft pick since the 2013 season. Gus always takes 3-4 games to figure out his teams strengths when most others know week 1.

I would 💘LOVE💘 to be in The Forever Gus crowd. It would mean we have turned around all of those things i listed above. But that isnt reality and it likely never will be. 

Frankly, i dont care if you are onw of the banned guys being talked about. They were right a majority of the time, but they lacked candor. They were blunt and too the point. Thats something this site really needs.  

On topic, Grimes needs to stop talking about the OL and let them show us. He also better pray to god, allah, zeus, odin, or whatever being he believes in that NOTHING happens to Tega or Driscoll.

17 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Slow down turbo. Drago stayed 4 seasons. Coached by Grimes 2 and Hand 2. Was Smith considered a high draft pick going into his 3rd year? No. Does that mean Hand deserves the most credit No. But giving all of Dragos development to Grimes is... well... insincere AT BEST.

Not true at all:

"Braden Smith can vouch for that. The recent graduate and likely NFL Draft pick next month credited Grimes with a lot of the development that turned him into a player who started 41 consecutive games dating back to his debut season in 2014 and finished the 2017 season with first-team All-America honors.

When Smith, a former four-star recruit, arrived at Auburn as an 11th-hour signee out of Olathe, Kan., in 2014, he did so as physical specimen that, as he put it, 'didn’t really have any type of football technique' after playing in a Wing-T offense in high school.  Grimes played a big part in changing that.

'That kind of describes him as a coach; really molding a player,” Smith said at Auburn’s Pro Day earlier this month. “He just really takes a big emphasis on building technique. Every day, start doing ‘the little things,’ he calls it. Work on your first steps on run blocking, on pass blocking, so really just taking it one step at a time, not trying to rush a guy and do too much. He’s a really patient coach and will get you right.'"

13 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Dont apologize. The Forever Gusers dont realize their complaining about peoples views are as (if not more) derailing than the "negative" comments. 

What are you talking about?  I was very cordial with him.

Frankly, i dont care if you are onw of the banned guys being talked about. They were right a majority of the time, but they lacked candor. They were blunt and too the point. Thats something this site really needs.  

Are you really defending those two guys?  One of which was banned because he made fun of the special needs communities?  But then again, you were also on that forum that they were on trying to troll us.  They specifically made a thread trying to see how far they could go to troll this forum and you were on it.  I haven't said anything until now because I always liked you but if you are going to defend those two all bets are off because I actually have a family member with special needs.

Archived