2020 3* Juco OT Brenden Coffey Commits to Auburn!

ellitor

1 hour ago, AUTigerTime said:

Cannella is pretty good but Auburn/Malzahn just SUCKS at incorporating the TE into the offense. He's obviously a tweener between a true TE and WR, but i still think he'd be racking up numbers at a different school that could exploit his skill set.

Bottom line though is he came in from JUCO and was able to get some snaps on the first team and has been a steady offensive player. I feel like a long time ago, one of the recruiting analysts said they considered a 5-star a player that *could* come in and start immediately at your typical program. Cannella seems like somewhat close to that. I think he should have been 4-star worthy if not higher.

What skill set

image.jpeg

(Completely agree and I don't understand why people are so down on the guy.)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

What skill set

image.jpeg

(Completely agree and I don't understand why people are so down on the guy.)

Because he drops 50% of what hits him in the hands.  I don't care how much you get the ball per game or what the scheme is.  No QB wants to throw to someone who only catches 50%

But WDE Mr Coffey!!!  Welcome to the family!!

1 minute ago, LKEEL75 said:

Because he drops 50% of what hits him in the hands.  I don't care how much you get the ball per game or what the scheme is.  No QB wants to throw to someone who only catches 50%

But WDE Mr Coffey!!!  Welcome to the family!!

Hard disagree but I'm sure we'll get a chance to resume this conversation elsewhere.

I'll follow your lead. WDE to

Image result for mr coffee gif

10 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

Btw, heard that Coffey is now up around 290# of good weight. We'll know soon enough. 

I kinda love that we're going after guys like this. I know that we need some beef at the tackle positions but I like turning 6'6+ 280 guys into 6'6+ 310 guys instead of the other way around. 

On 12/20/2019 at 9:11 AM, McLoofus said:

I kinda love that we're going after guys like this. I know that we need some beef at the tackle positions but I like turning 6'6+ 280 guys into 6'6+ 310 guys instead of the other way around. 

Me too. I just hope he’s closer to 280 than the 264 that was listed by Auburn. 264 lbs at 6’6” would be fine for a freshman but not for a guy that we need to come in and play right away.

59 minutes ago, AUtigers2324 said:

Me too. I just hope he’s closer to 280 than the 264 that was listed by Auburn. 264 lbs at 6’6” would be fine for a freshman but not for a guy that we need to come in and play right away.

Excellent point

On 12/21/2019 at 9:22 AM, AUtigers2324 said:

I wish I could donate about 30lbs to him. 

From an article by Keith Niebuhr

Top sleeperBrenden Coffey 

Coffey was a 220-pound junior college walk-on just a couple years ago. Now, he's a 300-pound mauler.

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/LongFormArticle/Auburns-early-signing-period-superlatives-141051433/Amp/?__twitter_impression=true

40 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

From an article by Keith Niebuhr

Top sleeperBrenden Coffey 

Coffey was a 220-pound junior college walk-on just a couple years ago. Now, he's a 300-pound mauler.

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/LongFormArticle/Auburns-early-signing-period-superlatives-141051433/Amp/?__twitter_impression=true

I guess we will have to go weigh him ourselves. We have multiple discrepancies ranging 36

lbs. I don’t think I’ve seen that much of a gap before..

On 12/24/2019 at 12:40 PM, alexava said:

I guess we will have to go weigh him ourselves. We have multiple discrepancies ranging 36

lbs. I don’t think I’ve seen that much of a gap before..

Him and Zierer both looked well below 300 pounds on their recruiting pic. 

• 3 weeks later...

I think Coffey is already signed.  I'm wondering if Buskey is still a take or at 25% depending on grades.  He could factor in on Final 4 signees. AU doesn't usually process a recruit on NSD but most of us would probably grayshirt our sons for BJones.

12 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Do we still a strong hold on Brendan & Jay to sign with us on signing day?

Brendan signed with AU in December. Who is Jay?

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Brendan signed with AU in December. Who is Jay?

I think he’s referring to Hardy. 

Archived