Auburn In The NFL Thread

aujeff11

9 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

You live in NC don’t you? What do you think? 

It seems they have tried to neuter the Cam out of him and tried to turn him into Tom Brady. But Cam was the reason why he was heisman, Cam was the reason why he was number one pick, and Cam was the reason why he won NFL MVP one year, not Tom Brady. 

They got Cam staying back in the pocket with his awful footwork trying to deliver footballs. That’s not why they are paying him  the big bucks. 

Either Rivera or Gettleman or Cam has to go for the Panthers to work.

Yep....gradually Shula and Rivera have stripped him of everything that made him what he was in college.    Will say that he has had some injuries....NFL did not take care of him and allowed defenders to beat up on him far worse than some other prime QBs....even changed the rules a bit to allow defenders to hit hm when he did not have the ball.    Beyond that....just seems like from interviews and such that he has lost his passion for the game.   JMO

Lawson with two sacks, last two series, on Aaron Rodgers.

Getting praise from Nance and the other guy.

Edited by aufan57

On 9/24/2017 at 4:38 PM, aufan57 said:

Lawson with two sacks, last two series, on Aaron Rodgers.

Getting praise from Nance and the other guy.

He still looks like a man among men in the NFL. Hope he has a long career

Cam Newton with a great day finally. 

He scored his 50th career rushing TD all time (most ever!)

And since his 1st Quarter interception, he’s thrown three TDs against the Pats.

With that said, he’s playing the worst statistical NFL defense in the league today. 

Also, Deshaun Watson is playing like a pro.  Totaling 5 TD’s this game which is a rookie record.

Edited by aujeff11

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Cam Newton with a great day finally. 

He scored his 50th career rushing TD all time (most ever!)

And since his 1st Quarter interception, he’s thrown three TDs against the Pats.

Only because I benched him on my fantasy team... 

• Like 1

On 10/1/2017 at 4:51 PM, jared52 said:

Only because I benched him on my fantasy team... 

Have never benched him since he was drafted. He's the only player my fandom ranks over my want to win for.

It's paid off a heck of a lot more than it's let me down. :)

48 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Have never benched him since he was drafted. He's the only player my fandom ranks over my want to win for.

It's paid off a heck of a lot more than it's let me down. :)

I drafted Cam in the first round the year after he won MVP.  Never again. Cam doesn’t bring a whole lot of fantasy value anyway just because his style of play isn’t fitted to keep throwing the ball down the field. On top of that, last year, he ran for his life the whole time and went into a shell of himself.

My best QB on my undefeated league is Tom Brady. Damn, he’s still a fantasy God. First game, he only got 10 points and I was like “oh crap,” but now he’s on a tear scoring 38, 50, and 27. That’s quite different than Cams 17,7, 10, and 41. Hopefully Cam will keep it up but I don’t see it happening given his best WR is Devin Funchess. That should be a crime.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

I drafted Cam in the first round the year after he won MVP.  Never again. Cam doesn’t bring a whole lot of fantasy value anyway just because his style of play isn’t fitted to keep throwing the ball down the field. On top of that, last year, he ran for his life the whole time and went into a shell of himself.

My best QB on my undefeated league is Tom Brady. Damn, he’s still a fantasy God. First game, he only got 10 points and I was like “oh crap,” but now he’s on a tear scoring 38, 50, and 27. That’s quite different than Cams 17,7, 10, and 41. Hopefully Cam will keep it up but I don’t see it happening given his best WR is Devin Funchess. That should be a crime.

I have Brady, so it’s made up for Cam and Eli as my #2. Also, Cam has his issues, but has a franchise wasted more a more talented player with awful FA pickups and draft picks? They don’t want to or can’t spend money on a real WR and OL? Yeah, they got McCaffery, but he’s been less than effective. I can only imagine what Cam would have done on the Cowboys or Steelers who have a real line. 

• Like 1

It sucks that Kelvin Bengamin caught the GW pass against Auburn. He sucks in the NFL. What a first round bust. Funchess is clearly the best WR on the Panthers squad. 

Jeff, lol Benjamin is a Beast and He just beat Detroit. He and Funchass are very good. Cam is back to MVP mode if he keeps this kind of play up. But saying Benjamin is no good. Lmao 

20 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Jeff, lol Benjamin is a Beast and He just beat Detroit. He and Funchass are very good. Cam is back to MVP mode if he keeps this kind of play up. But saying Benjamin is no good. Lmao 

No, he’s not. He had two good plays today including his first TD for the season. Three good plays for the whole season. Don’t know what you’re watching but there is nothing beastly about him.

Lol, he was hurt all last season, and Cam sucked. This is first time he has been health since rookie season. Also give me those stats from his rookie season? If he stays healthy, it will be close to another great season. Only difference is now, they have other good WR. His first season, he was the best one they had. 

1 minute ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Lol, he was hurt all last season, and Cam sucked. This is first time he has been health since rookie season. Also give me those stats from his rookie season? If he stays healthy, it will be close to another great season. Only difference is now, they have other good WR. His first season, he was the best one they had. 

WOOOO SOMEONE is coming in HAWWWWWT!!! do you mind @ them!!!! I love a good popcorn show!!! lol. By the way who was hurt all of last season?

10 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

KB was hurt and out all of the season that Cam won MVP and went to the super bowl. It was one of the most impressive seasons ever by a QB. He has no talent at WR. All he had was Olsen. 

• Love 1

6 hours ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Lol, he was hurt all last season, and Cam sucked.

He started 13 games. What? He wasn’t hurt any more than anybody else that collected NFL season long bruises, cuts, and scrapes

This is first time he has been health since rookie season.

Wrong. He has better conditioning and not as heavy as last year, but all of that was self-inflicted.

His first season, he was the best one they had.

His first season was good and was the only reason why I drafted him in the 5th round of the draft. 

But to say he is no good, shows unintelligentence. 

If you’re going to make fun of my intelligence, at least spell it correctly.

Only difference is now, they have other good WR

Who? Funchess was with him last year. The rest are scrubs. 

29 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Damn. Down go the Panthers. Had every opportunity. 

Sure did. Cam regressed some from the last couple weeks. Seems to be running more effectively though.

UGHHHHHHHH His footwork is so inconsistent. He was back to his biggest flaw which was air mailing so many passes this game. Granted the protection was horrid and the eagles were hitting him all game and in the backfield but he was throwing them soooooo highhhhhhhhhhhhhh. First half his WRs let him down big time. Second half IDK what the heck that was. He has not been good his last 2 home games but has been excellent on the road. Cam is def a Auburn man! Always a roller coaster ride! lol RUN CMC looked though.

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

UGHHHHHHHH His footwork is so inconsistent. He was back to his biggest flaw which was air mailing so many passes this game. Granted the protection was horrid and the eagles were hitting him all game and in the backfield but he was throwing them soooooo highhhhhhhhhhhhhh. First half his WRs let him down big time. Second half IDK what the heck that was. He has not been good his last 2 home games but has been excellent on the road. Cam is def a Auburn man! Always a roller coaster ride! lol RUN CMC looked though.

RUN CMC is a PPR stud. 

On 10/3/2017 at 6:54 PM, aujeff11 said:

Cams my only somewhat positive in fantasy football.

Had what I thought was an amazing lineup to start the year;

QB: Cam

HB: David Johnson (IR) E. Elliot (SUSP)

WR: OBJ (IR) Alshon J. (Yay, he's still playing)

TE: Greg Olsen (IR)

FLEX: Tevin Coleman and Johnathon Stewart were to be switched based on opponent. Stewart is horrible, should have gave his ass an INT instead of Cam last night.

At least I have G. Zuerlein at kicker, #1 in FF right now. :lol:

Makes me glad I only play this stuff for fun and not for money... I'd be hurting.

• 2 weeks later...

Cody Parkey hits a 39 yard game winning FG for the Dolphins against the Jets. Hasn’t missed a FG all season.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Cody Parkey hits a 39 yard game winning FG for the Dolphins against the Jets. Hasn’t missed a FG all season.

#kickerU

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

#kickerU

Did you see what Mccaffery’s new nickname is? 

Catch-22 because that’s all he can do.

Is Cam coming to the end of his NFL career?   

Another miserable game....some excuses perhaps because of the lack of help but the INTs and anemic offensive production doesn't bode well for the Panthers ...or for his future.