2019 3* SF Devan Cambridge Commits to AU!

ellitor

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yes he did. What is the question you are having?

I didn't have a question, I'm saying that Bruce is thinking like I was mentioning yesterday, more about his defense than anything

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I didn't have a question, I'm saying that Bruce is thinking like I was mentioning yesterday, more about his defense than anything

Gotcha. The ? at the end of your post threw me off. lol

We are going to be frustrating a lot of teams on defense when the young kids find their footing. I can't wait. It will give our O time to find itself. As if we didn't already know, Bruce is building something fierce with these next 2 classes potentially. 

I'd be curious to know a bit more of the back story on this guy. How did such a talented player with these measurable end up rated so low and not signed until know? He looks to have all the makings of an extremely productive player.  

17 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I'd be curious to know a bit more of the back story on this guy. How did such a talented player with these measurable end up rated so low and not signed until know? He looks to have all the makings of an extremely productive player.  

Could be that not many people knew about him outside of a few schools til Sharife's dad found him & got him on the AOT travel ball team.

Mark Murphy got the Arizona school thing answered & figured out on Cambridge...

-DC went out there his last HS year to see stronger competition
-Another reason was the prep school traveled all across the world to play, including China for a week

Rivals Analyst thoughts on DC...

I don’t think he was overlooked, seeing he suited up for a nationally ranked Hillcrest Prep program this winter and was just playing at the Nike Peach Jam last week, so he has definitely been seen. Rather, there have been questions regarding just how skilled he is, how well he can shoot it and how affective he might be within the half-court offense at the high-major level.

None of that is to take away from how athletic, explosive, instinctive and versatile Cambridge is. A 6-foot-6 prospect that can play either forward position, I am not entirely sure just how much usage that he will get early on but he will make for an impact in some form.

He is one of the best athletes that I have ever covered and thanks to the energy that he exerts, his production within the open floor and the value that he exhibits on the defensive end, Cambridge should find a way to improve Auburn’s chances of success in one way or another during his freshman campaign.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He really fits Bruce Defensive pressure style. Because of the newer rules we can't press as hard as what Pearl's teams used to do but having a long super athletic guy who can play defense whole way up the court leads to a lot of easy baskets. This kid is a big addition to this class, not only playing foward but I can see him playing some SG more for his D then his three but his three will get better with practice and I believe as a SG he can post up other SG's and also score going to the rim or pulling up on a drive.  His flexibility to play SG, SF and even some PF will allow Bruce to rotate players and keep a fresh talented team on the floor.

• Like 2

Sounds like he's going to be a Malik Dunbar/Horace type of havoc wreaker but on the wing like Malik. I like it. You need those types of guys.

Bruce is a hell of a developer, I'm excited to see what he can mold this athletic freak into.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

He really fits Bruce Defensive pressure style. Because of the newer rules we can't press as hard as what Pearl's teams used to do but having a long super athletic guy who can play defense whole way up the court leads to a lot of easy baskets. This kid is a big addition to this class, not only playing foward but I can see him playing some SG more for his D then his three but his three will get better with practice and I believe as a SG he can post up other SG's and also score going to the rim or pulling up on a drive.  His flexibility to play SG, SF and even some PF will allow Bruce to rotate players and keep a fresh talented team on the floor.

He's a really different look than what we've had at the 2 guard the past few seasons. Alot of shooting, quickness, having a guy who is just physically dominant...that'd be interesting. Kinda like what UK was doing to us on and off with their big ass backcourt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • ellitor featured and unpinned this topic