2021 Softball Recruiting Thread

Lowe does play on Conroy’s Bandit team. Penta is still on Chaos, but may have picked up here and there given the crazy summer. Both have looked more hittable and predictable this summer, compared to last year. It could be due to the long break and lack of innings (sometimes too many) to sharpen up.

Penta is still playing for Chaos. Lowe is playing some with Bandits-Conroy. I think, as mentioned before, that these pitchers are not looking for a lot of wear and tear on their arms and want to come into Auburn as healthy as possible. CMD is a wizard with pitchers, so I think he will do wonders with both of them.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, blakem said:

Looks like we picked up a commit from top-15 recruit Nelia Peralta

She had previously been committed to Mississippi State then switched to Texas. Plays for Thunderbolts.  Where did you see/hear this?  Do not see mention on her Twitter page.

15 hours ago, blakem said:

Looks like we picked up a commit from top-15 recruit Nelia Peralta

When posting stuff like this always provide a link. 

• Like 1

Yes, she is a beast. Great pickup for us! The Birmingham Thunderbolts Premier organization just won the TOP tournament of the year. Usually the best organizations go to PGF in California but this year due to Covid they all met in Oklahoma City for the USA tournament. 2021 Class is looking strong. 

On 8/14/2020 at 8:01 PM, wmsau said:

I'll furnish the info for you. Here is her twitter link that shows Auburn Softball Commit. This is a big pickup.

https://twitter.com/neliaperalta31

So looking at the Twitter clips, is that her making the sliding catch?  If so, wow.  I'm guessing she's an infielder?  And she hits with power as well?  Huge pickup.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 7:52 PM, wmsau said:

Yes, Lisenby was the catcher on the Bolts Premier that just won the championship in OKC.

Saw that her one of her personal coaches who helps her with catching is Casey Meyers. I know he had a baseball background so I guess he is still working in softball? (And no it's his brother who got in hot water at Auburn...)

Nelia Peralta is a middle infielder (SS and 2nd). Hits with a ton of power. She grew up playing baseball and made the switch to softball a couple years ago. 

On 8/22/2020 at 8:59 AM, saminbama said:

So looking at the Twitter clips, is that her making the sliding catch?  If so, wow.  I'm guessing she's an infielder?  And she hits with power as well?  Huge pickup.

Yes, that is her making this sliding catch. Impressive player. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Rumor has it that Kendal Calvert, OF 2021 is no longer committed to Auburn. I believe someone previously mentioned they expected this since her sister left last year.

I'm not certain, but I believe the 2021 class has 6 recruits and is ranked in the Top 5 nationally. The 2022 currently has 4 recruits. Not sure of overall ranking.

On 6/5/2020 at 12:14 PM, OlderWhiskey said:

Didn't Jaylin Calvert recently enter the transfer portal? Is Kendal her sister? If so, I'd say she's iffy on this list.

Hard to tell about Kendal, unless someone knows already. They have a brother too who attends Auburn, so they have some sort of Auburn connection.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 99TGR said:

Rumor has it that Kendal Calvert, OF 2021 is no longer committed to Auburn. I believe someone previously mentioned they expected this since her sister left last year.

I'm not certain, but I believe the 2021 class has 6 recruits and is ranked in the Top 5 nationally. The 2022 currently has 4 recruits. Not sure of overall ranking.

Auburn has 9 commits for 2021 not including Kendal Calvert or Keri Munn. ExtraInning’s still includes them on their lists, but it seems both have decommitted. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/28/2020 at 12:12 AM, blakem said:

So does anyone have an updated list of all our committed 2021’s

By order of ranking on EIS:

Nelia Peralta, #12 (MIF)

Jessie Blaine, #17 (C/INF)

Kenadie Cooper, #23 (OF)

Aubrie Lisenby, #24 (C)

Rose Roach, #46 (MIF/OF)

Abbey Smith, #61 (OF)

Riley Moody, #104 (MIF,OF)

Bri Ellis, #143 (1B)

Riley McNemar, #169 (C/1B/3B)

EIS will do another ranking before signing day, so these spots will change. 

Looks like Kendal has officially committed to the school Jaylin transferred to in Indiana. Not sure on Keri Munn. 

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Jad0003 said:

By order of ranking on EIS:

Nelia Peralta, #12 (MIF)

Jessie Blaine, #17 (C/INF)

Kenadie Cooper, #23 (OF)

Aubrie Lisenby, #24 (C)

Rose Roach, #46 (MIF/OF)

Abbey Smith, #61 (OF)

Riley Moody, #104 (MIF,OF)

Bri Ellis, #143 (1B)

Riley McNemar, #169 (C/1B/3B)

EIS will do another ranking before signing day, so these spots will change. 

Looks like Kendal has officially committed to the school Jaylin transferred to in Indiana. Not sure on Keri Munn. 

That's interesting...no pitchers?

Don't you need to sign quality pitchers every year?

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

That's interesting...no pitchers?

Don't you need to sign quality pitchers every year?

Normally, I’d say yes, but I don’t think it’ll be a huge problem skipping one class under current circumstances. Yarbrough now has 3 more years of eligibility, and Dismukes, Penta, and Lowe have 4 years of eligibility. We also have 2 highly ranked 2022 pitchers committed.

I do know the top pitcher in the 2021 class visited Auburn but committed to Florida. Dean probably thought the late addition of a strong position player, like Peralta, was more important than reaching for another pitcher.

Edited by Jad0003
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Not all of them are out yet. Still have the top 10 to go. The final top 100 list will come out tonight.  I would think we should have a couple in the top 10 show up.

Edited by 99TGR
  • Like 1

8 out of 9 recruits were ranked in the top 100. 

Rylie Moody (MIF/OF): #80

Abbey Smith (OF): #39

Rose Roach (MIF/OF): #32

Kenadie Cooper (OF): #22

Bri Ellis (1B/UT): #20

Jessie Blaine (C/UT): #14

Aubrie Lisenby (C): #7

Nehlia Peralta (INF): #6

Riley McNemar (INF): TBD - Was previously ranked around 170.

• Like 1