Favorite play from last night

bigbird

What play did you enjoy or impress you the most?

Mine was the fake toss option where Bo, instead of turning it up like he did previously in the game, pulled up and hit Hastings on a slant for a big gain.

It was beautifully set up earlier and executed perfectly. It stressed the D and put three positions in a no win situation. A real triple option look.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked the tunnel screen or whatever you want to call it where Prince Tega got out and annihilated a DB.  First time I've seen that type of nasty from one of our O-linemen.  Hope it carries over going forward. Grimes should rewind it a lot.

Multiple true RPO plays, can’t pick just one. Having a QB with some real mobility (doesn’t have to be Cam or Nick) really seems to make a big difference in Gus’s ability to call a game

The long-awaited and most successful SLANT! That ignited my HOPE button.

The play that took out the bulldog!

hey bird i have a question for you or mr cole. i read that auburn passing more to the middle of the field has taken some heat off our o line? you guys think this is true? and why would that be? i just want to understand the game better and i will be honest........i have no clue. thanx

42 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Mine was the fake toss option where Bo, instead of turning it up like he did previously in the game, pulled up and hit Hastings on a slant for a big gain.

It was beautifully set up earlier and executed perfectly. It stressed the D and put three positions in a no win situation. A real triple option look.

I loved that play as all the other slant calls, but my personal favorite was the long pass to Schwartz on the sideline that was nearly a TD. That was an absolute perfect pass that dropped right over his shoulders without breaking a stride. I was impressed with a lot of Bos throws last night. He had great touch on his game last night. Kinda gives me hope that this team will turn into something many of us didn't think it would. The simple fact Gus is calling these type of plays for a change being a major factor. 

34 minutes ago, fredst said:

Multiple true RPO plays, can’t pick just one. Having a QB with some real mobility (doesn’t have to be Cam or Nick) really seems to make a big difference in Gus’s ability to call a game

It’s not just the mobility. Nix just looks in control and tends to make the right decisions in the moment.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Mine too. I thought he looked  a lot like Nick at that point. He is truely being able to make the calls on the field real time. That’s what you have to do for the RPO to work. Another thing is he has that quickness like Nick and Hastings had. He might not beat you in a 100 yard dash but he can plant a foot and gas it to break open.

I liked seeing Sal Cannella go up and make that grab on the sideline.  I feel for his size and the attitude he tries to portray that he under performs.  If he steps up to the plate in the near future like that mixed in with Williams and Hastings and anybody out of the back field.  This passing game could be deadly

This isn't exactly "a play" but my favorite aspect.

After each of MSU's scores (not including the final garbage TD) Auburn answered immediately with a Touchdown. ....not FG's, but TD's.

They kept their foot on MSU's throat and kept it there.

Being a receiver at heart my favorites were the downfield passes Bo connected on that hopefully means he has found his groove and timing with the Williams and Schwartz specifically. Exploiting the middle of the field was like Gus has finally discovered fire...so useful going forward it will change his life. 

32 minutes ago, alexava said:

I always love when we fumble the ball and recover it ourselves. Or not fumble but we fumble a lot. 

Agree......the fumble by Nix thanks in part to a no penalty horse collar and the pathetic so called strip after player was down was ridiculous......I often wonder if the sleeves some players wear make it easier to loose the ball.

Pretty much any of the plays involving Anthony Schwartz. When he gets the ball I get a sudden rush of adrenaline knowing he has a great shot of taking it to the house on any given play.

Not a single play but.... My favorite play along with improved O line play and way better  HB /TE blocking....

was ALL the WR play as a whole...

probably has a LOT to do with better play calling AND QB play but...

better blocking, route running and catching almost everything thrown at them especially contested balls.

MAJOR Kudos to Kodi Burns who has caught a lot of flack when they played poorly... they are much improved and talented across the board and playing well for our freshman QB.

Archived