Georgia 2:30 pm CST on CBS

Auburn Kev

17 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

BOOOOOOOOOOO  I hate CBS!

image.jpeg

I only dislike them because of how long the games take and how many commercial breaks they take. It's even more annoying when you're attending th game. Otherwise, I think it's the best broadcast of any college games from a production standpoint. 

6 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I only dislike them because of how long the games take and how many commercial breaks they take. It's even more annoying when you're attending th game. Otherwise, I think it's the best broadcast of any college games from a production standpoint. 

I can't stand Gary and yes the number of commercial breaks is almost unbearable.

Got a friend who for some asinine reason decided to get married that weekend 😒 I was hoping it would be a night game and I could zip down the road and maybe still make it to Auburn before kickoff

Any wedding planner worth their salt should be vehemently opposed to November weddings (unless of course it's cupcake week. That's forgivable).

31 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Any wedding planner worth their salt should be vehemently opposed to November weddings

I’ve talked to many a wedding planner about this same subject and everyone of them did not understand the importance of a football game.  Go figure.

1 hour ago, JBiGGiE said:

Got a friend who for some asinine reason decided to get married that weekend 😒 I was hoping it would be a night game and I could zip down the road and maybe still make it to Auburn before kickoff

Any wedding planner worth their salt should be vehemently opposed to November weddings (unless of course it's cupcake week. That's forgivable).

Maybe Gus could be the best man or give the bride away. Can you invite him?

1 hour ago, JBiGGiE said:

Who gets married during football season? 

2 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

You could always do what I did and RSVP "No" to the wedding.  :laugh:  I make it clear to all of my friends I do not miss games for anything.  Only missed two home games in 10 years with one of those being a death in my immediate family for the 2014 homecoming game and when I was a freshmen at Auburn and could not afford the 2009 Iron Bowl ticket on the secondary market.

2 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

Could be worse.

My wife & her Mom chose Sept. 21, 1996 for us to get married in Knoxville, TN.

Peyton Manning vs Danny Weurffel....in Neyland Stadium.  I had future in-laws asking me "WTF?", before WTF was even a thing.

My only answer was, Hey at least I get to watch Auburn vs LSU in the bar during the reception.  Course, Auburn lost too so....

We are 8-12 on CBS in Malzahns tenure with only one season in his 7 years being above .500 when we have been on CBS. We were 4-0 on CBS in 2013 and have a losing record every other season under him on CBS besides 2017 when we went 2-2.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

I’ve talked to many a wedding planner about this same subject and everyone of them did not understand the importance of a football game.  Go figure.

HAHA!!! Yes, so true.

Sorta like watching a Hollywood actor throwing a football or baseball, looking like a righty throwing lefty. 

Sports ain't exactly on their radar.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

We are 8-12 on CBS in Malzahns tenure with only one season in his 7 years being above .500 when we have been on CBS. We were 4-0 on CBS in 2013 and have a losing record every other season under him on CBS besides 2017 when we went 2-2.

I smell NEW CONTRACT!

1 minute ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I have faith we can win this just because it’s at home and the crowd will be more into it than last weekend. Plus our defense 

Will they though? Outside of 2 games in November in 2017 it has not felt like a great Auburn crowd that we all felt used to be the loudest and best crowd in the whole country for many many years. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Will they though? Outside of 2 games in November in 2017 it has not felt like a great Auburn crowd that we all felt used to be the loudest and best crowd in the whole country for many many years. 

LSU 2018 was a pretty good crowd. We haven’t really had a big game in JH since then 

Just now, AuburnTiger4Life said:

LSU 2018 was a pretty good crowd. We haven’t really had a big game in JH since then 

When you say good crowd what do you mean? Did we fill it up? YES! Was it a vintage deafening Jordan- Hare crowd? I wouldn't say that. 

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

When you say good crowd what do you mean? Did we fill it up? YES! Was it a vintage deafening Jordan- Hare crowd? I wouldn't say that. 

Sadly it has become that way in a lot of places. Unless we start pumping in crowd noise like UF or aTm it might be the new norm. 

Alabama 2017 was the last “omg I can’t hear myself talk” crowd at JH. LSU was loud last year, but the Uga and Uat games are on another level if Auburn is playing well. 

Archived