Chad Morris Fired!

Sully to Beasley

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

No, he'll either finally figure it out next year or be so bad that he'll "earn" his buyout.

I'm guessing the latter because the first part just isn't happening. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

I do believe you 100% about a few posters.  I also realize there's a few who regularly spar with 64, but in my experience he's actually a standup guy (I believe this to be the case in real life too).  True, he & I disagree a pretty good amount but we've, at least, had some reasonable convos so he's one of the ones that, though we disagree, I'm trying to understand each other instead of just talking over each other like so many other arguments around here now. 

Like so many, I'm tired of the arguing but there's no reason we can't all still have reasonable discussions and maybe if each poster will actually answer the question of the other instead of ignoring it and, instead, bringing up a completely separate issue, like I said it's just apple's & oranges talking points.

Sorry brother, this us not meant to lecture at you as we are usually in agreement but just me "thinking out loud".

I understand but he’s never been anything but snarky to me and I tire of his passive aggressive comments on those who want more for Auburn. I get along with some on here who I disagree with. He isn’t one of them.

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

I'm guessing the latter because the first part just isn't happening. 

I agree.  I'm always All-In when it comes to Amen Corner,  but I'm still over The Malzahn Experience. 

1 minute ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I understand but he’s never been anything but snarky to me and I tire of his passive aggressive comments on those who want more for Auburn. I get along with some on here who I disagree with. He isn’t one of them.

Oh, I get it and I have no issues there.  We can't ALL get along and I promise I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do.  I'm just speaking for myself.

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

They are going to get Fleck and move right up ahead of us in the SEC west. 😂

U of Minn already locked him up for another 7 years last week

Just now, AUsince72 said:

Oh, I get it and I have no issues there.  We can't ALL get along and I promise I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do.  I'm just speaking for myself.

I’m tired of arguing too believe it or not. I’m trying to only respond to things I feel like need response and I’m going to just try and be positive this week.  

32 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Here's one of those disconnects I've noticed between the 2 sides (pro/con Gus) that keeps these arguments going.

Do you really think this is the problem we have with Gus?  Granted, his choke jobs against thUga are definitely one of the issues but most have actually given Gus credit for their performances against bammer (except for last year, of course) considering the current situation between napoleon & Emmert....

Do you really think it's only his poor record against our main rivals and not his averaging over 4 losses per year, including a 5 loss & 6 loss season (among other issues)?  Does that not resonate with you at all?

Promise, I'm not trying to be argumentative about this.  I'm just really trying to understand why we (not you & me, but ALL of us) see such different things.  It just seems like we all see apples vs oranges...

Guess it's a matter or expectations....observations and experiences....:dunno:  not unusual that people might  have honest differences based on those factors. 

Just now, nixtosanders94 said:

I’m tired of arguing too believe it or not. I’m trying to only respond to things I feel like need response and I’m going to just try and be positive this week.  

That's generally me too.  Like I said, I'm just trying to figure this out as a brain exercise more than anything LOL!

GO AUBURN! BEAT THE DAWGCRAP OUTTA'EM!

2 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

And they’re fan base wants Gus 

That’s because Gus isn’t a bad coach, he just has the most difficult job. At Arky he’d get them 8+ a season easily and beat us regularly.

As I have stated in other threads, Gus fills many of the requirements I (we) have for a HC.  The problems I have are the same problems that Arky had with Morris.  Gus cannot develop players, especially QBs and WRs.  He cannot make adjustments on the fly nor can he change his scheme.  It is basically the same as it was 10 years ago.   And because of his refusal to change he cannot hire established offensive coaches.  They won’t work for him. 

12 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Guess it's a matter or expectations....observations and experiences....:dunno:  not unusual that people might  have honest differences based on those factors. 

Yes, that's true.  However, just as I stated in that post, you didn't answer my actual questions.  You just ignored them.  That's why I believe the arguing is so ugly now.  Everybody just wants to be right instead of perhaps actually coming together and honestly answering the questions. 

Maybe I'm wrong.  Maybe y'all DO just want to be contrarians but I hoped better.  Personally, I don't mind when someone opens me up to things I'm missing in a respectful convo.

Man. Everyone is firing people after two years, and I’m sure the school that made it cool (us) will be stuck with its head coach for another two years...after keeping him two years too long. 

But yeah, pretty mixed feelings on Chad

2 hours ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Man. Everyone is firing people after two years, and I’m sure the school that made it cool (us) will be stuck with its head coach for another two years...after keeping him two years too long. 

But yeah, pretty mixed feelings on Chad

Name a single coach since Earl Brown (and that was three years) we fired after two.

I don’t see any way Gus survives next year. Some aren’t quite grasping the severity of the situation at OL.

2 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Yes, that's true.  However, just as I stated in that post, you didn't answer my actual questions.  You just ignored them.  That's why I believe the arguing is so ugly now.  Everybody just wants to be right instead of perhaps actually coming together and honestly answering the questions. 

Maybe I'm wrong.  Maybe y'all DO just want to be contrarians but I hoped better.  Personally, I don't mind when someone opens me up to things I'm missing in a respectful convo.

Maybe another term..."perception"      

For example, you use the term "choke" to describe the coach which is a judgement/opinion....and of course, almost nobody wants to talk about players failing to make basic plays, dropping the passes, or fumbling the snap inside the ten, etc. etc.      The HC is ultimately responsible if enough of that goes on.....but what makes you think that everyone should "come together" as to what has caused AU to lose some important games ?        People have reasons for their opinions and in case you haven't noticed, arguing a particular point of view has rarely convinced someone on the other side that they are wrong.   Which is why arguments/disagreements continue page after page, sometimes escalating in tone, etc. etc.  to the point that if you disagree you are soon considered but be an idiot or worse. 

Some folks can't accept that sometimes there is not gonna be an agreement....so you might as well make your case, let people think what they want to think.....and move along.  

2 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I'm just trying to figure this out as a brain exercise more than anything LOL!

I would chalk it up to brain chemistry issues.

21 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Name a single coach since Earl Brown (and that was three years) we fired after two.

I don’t see any way Gus survives next year. Some aren’t quite grasping the severity of the situation at OL.

Good point in one way...Gus has had plenty of time on the job so it's not a precipitous decision like Morris or Taggert.      JMO but i's more of a question of reasonableness of the decision and expectations ….and what will be expected of a successor.   

For example, will it be clear to the next AU coach that if he does not win 9 or 10 games per year he is gone?  and how long after he arrives here will he be given to do that?  ...or sustain that?   And of course, what kind of contract will it take to get someone to coach under those circumstances? ....for example....something like Jimbo's contract that is "due in full"  no matter if he is terminated before the contract expiration?   

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Maybe another term..."perception"      

For example, you use the term "choke" to describe the coach which is a judgement/opinion....and of course, almost nobody wants to talk about players failing to make basic plays, dropping the passes, or fumbling the snap inside the ten, etc. etc.      The HC is ultimately responsible if enough of that goes on.....but what makes you think that everyone should "come together" as to what has caused AU to lose some important games ?        People have reasons for their opinions and in case you haven't noticed, arguing a particular point of view has rarely convinced someone on the other side that they are wrong.   Which is why arguments/disagreements continue page after page, sometimes escalating in tone, etc. etc.  to the point that if you disagree you are soon considered but be an idiot or worse. 

Some folks can't accept that sometimes there is not gonna be an agreement....so you might as well make your case, let people think what they want to think.....and move along.  

When I say "come together" I just mean to actually have an honest back and forth....not necessarily that they'll agree.  

I'm sorry that you get into ugly arguments or you get sought out for said arguments.  That's not my intention as I'm just trying to come at things from a different angle than most of these discussions/arguments but if you're gunshy, then okay.  Just thought we could have a conversation.  Obviously I was mistaken.

So I was watching this whole thing unfold via a couple other boards. It has been said that Morris didn't even attend the SRs Dinner. I guess maybe he knew he was fired or soon to be fired, but those guys played for you. I think with everything the players have come out and said Morris never really had the team, but he lost what he did have. There is no reason in the world to get spanked by SJSU and WKU. I mean you are an SEC West team, although not very good, but an SEC West team nonetheless. They should be able to out talent those teams if nothing else. I mean my god, You have to try to get spanked like they did. There was no way he was going to survive that yesterday. I think he is a good OC actually. Just not everybody is cut out to be the HC. 

There is a lot of truth in the locker room being split. I think personally a coach should be given 3 years minimum to rebuild an entire program. I also think that under Bert Arky wasn't losing to mid tier G5 teams by 30+ points as well so that's tough.

3 hours ago, around4ever said:

As I have stated in other threads, Gus fills many of the requirements I (we) have for a HC.  The problems I have are the same problems that Arky had with Morris.  Gus cannot develop players, especially QBs and WRs.  He cannot make adjustments on the fly nor can he change his scheme.  It is basically the same as it was 10 years ago.   And because of his refusal to change he cannot hire established offensive coaches.  They won’t work for him. 

And I don’t feel like we fault him because he cannot develop QBs and WRs. It’s what you alluded to at the end: it’s that he doesn’t realize/acknowledge his deficiencies, hire competent coaches to make up for those deficiencies, and then get out of their way and let them do their jobs. 

Maybe some people on this forum just like publicly supporting their university and team and players and coaches. Maybe some people on this forum think that is our job as Auburn men and women. Maybe some people on this forum know that what we think or want has absolutely no bearing on whether or not the coach is fired or given an extension. Maybe some people on this forum choose to be "all in" (sorry, I'm old) while the season is in progress. Maybe some people on this forum choose to be excited every single gameday because they know that the season goes by quickly and life goes by quickly and that we should cherish the opportunity to be rabidly passionate about our team. Maybe some people on this forum would rather gripe about things we don't like privately or after the season is over.

I wonder how many on this forum missed the much of the joy that the 2010 season brought because you were too worried about whether Cam would be ruled ineligible. I decided early on that year to relish every game. I choose to do the same thing this year and to receive the joy that being an Auburn fan can bring. Call me sappy or mediocre if you want. I'm excited about the chance of beating the dawgcrap out of UGA. Being an Auburn man brings me great joy. I hope each of you gets the same blessing from Auburn that I do.

6 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

Dude had to revamp the entire roster from the Big 10 team Brett tried to build...IMO he should have been given more time..never got his type of players in there.

Both Hicks and Starkel were QBs he brought in though and they both sucked. So was the RB Boyd (though he is really good). All three starting receivers are his too.

A lot of the defense are holdovers but Morris isn’t a defensive guy regardless. This was the easiest schedule Morris would have ever had at Arkansas and he only won 2 games with it.

15 hours ago, Grumps said:

Maybe some people on this forum just like publicly supporting their university and team and players and coaches. Maybe some people on this forum think that is our job as Auburn men and women. Maybe some people on this forum know that what we think or want has absolutely no bearing on whether or not the coach is fired or given an extension. Maybe some people on this forum choose to be "all in" (sorry, I'm old) while the season is in progress. Maybe some people on this forum choose to be excited every single gameday because they know that the season goes by quickly and life goes by quickly and that we should cherish the opportunity to be rabidly passionate about our team. Maybe some people on this forum would rather gripe about things we don't like privately or after the season is over.

I wonder how many on this forum missed the much of the joy that the 2010 season brought because you were too worried about whether Cam would be ruled ineligible. I decided early on that year to relish every game. I choose to do the same thing this year and to receive the joy that being an Auburn fan can bring. Call me sappy or mediocre if you want. I'm excited about the chance of beating the dawgcrap out of UGA. Being an Auburn man brings me great joy. I hope each of you gets the same blessing from Auburn that I do.

I traded in my bus ticket awhile back, but this is an excellent, well-written post saturated with wisdom.  There is a time and a place for everything, and there is great diversity allowed in the definition of what it means to be an Auburn Man (or Woman). That is a point I hope we can all agree to agree upon. 

Incidentally, a lot of season 2010 was spent on my knees, literally, interceding for the program, the staff and team cohesion, for Cam in particular....for Auburn to use their wins as a platform for God's glory, because that's exactly what CGC did on national TV the very moment he hoisted the crystal football. ❤

I saw the team and Cam as victims of a media smear campaign perpetuated by our rivals, and "strength and focus" became the words of the moment for me. Nothing surprised me more, as football had been secondary to my life and education as a "hometown kid" up until then.

I know I wasn't alone in lifting them up.  I joined on Christmas Day, so I missed a lot of dialogue on the board...but for sure, that was my own 2010 mindset.

1 hour ago, Grumps said:

I hear you loud and clear.

War Eagle to all of you and God bless.

I hope y'all enjoy the rest of the season!

1 hour ago, gohogs14 said:

Both Hicks and Starkel were QBs he brought in though and they both sucked. So was the RB Boyd (though he is really good). All three starting receivers are his too.

A lot of the defense are holdovers but Morris isn’t a defensive guy regardless. This was the easiest schedule Morris would have ever had at Arkansas and he only won 2 games with it.

Yeah true. Maybe he is an OC or maybe the rebuild was just too much for him. Well if I was the AD I’d call Greg Schiano, Boise St HC or LSU OC Joe Brady...iD even kick the tires on the guy across the state in Blake Anderson 

Archived