POST GAME THREAD!!!!

shabby

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

However, I do feel that tonight was a big step in the right direction.

I've learned not to expect things to change regarding Gus. These games just show up out of nowhere and things will revert to the norm. I just try to enjoy them when they occur. 

5 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

Just imagine the offense being more like this all season, to help the stellar defense. It was a great win, but still frustrated at the Florida, Georgia, LSU losses. With this effort tonight, we win those games, and we are in Atlanta for a rematch with the dawgs. 

Its frustrating to think about some of those losses particularly the most recent one (3 qtrs with zero points) but I am happy to live in the moment for now.  This season reminds me a little of 1986 and how happy we were for Pat Dye to beat Ray Perkins' final Bama team (Reverse to Victory)

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Thats one of the funniest things Ive seen a former player do

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Well AU COULD make it easier on him by modifying and updating the passing offense and come in to modern football! lol. We have the weapons AND keep recruiting the weapons. All the pieces are there for us to come on a historic run.

Bring in a passing coordinator or look at how Bama catered their offense to make Mac look good. My dude Seth has to start running hard even when he doesn’t expect the ball. 

6 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Its frustrating to think about some of those losses particularly the most recent one (3 qtrs withnd no points) but I am happy to live in the moment for now.  This season reminds me a little of 1986 and how happy we were for Pat Dye to beat Ray Perkins' final Bama team (Reverse to Victory)

I know it never seems as simple as it is but ALL Gus has to do to get this thing really rolling and go on a historic run is treat the offense like he hires the defense. Be hands off. TRULY hand over ALL the keys to a bonafide stud at OC. I would love for him to hire Graham Harrell from USC. And go out and get a stud recruiter for a OL coach. That is truly all that needs to be fixed. Gus is a damn good HEAD COACH. He just is not what or who we need as the play caller or his offensive scheme. WE ARE SO SO CLOSE. 

3 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

Just imagine the offense being more like this all season, to help the stellar defense. It was a great win, but still frustrated at the Florida, Georgia, LSU losses. With this effort tonight, we win those games, and we are in Atlanta for a rematch with the dawgs. 

Absolutely thrilled with the win. Let’s be honest though, the offense was better but  about what we had seen in those games. The difference in this games was two defensive scores, not the effort from the offense or the defense (defense effort should have won us the UF game particularly). 354 yards not an offensive explosion but was enough to get it done tonight. WDE!

1 minute ago, fredst said:

Absolutely thrilled with the win. Let’s be honest though, the offense was better but  about what we had seen in those games. The difference in this games was two defensive scores, not the effort from the offense or the defense (defense effort should have won us the UF game particularly). 354 yards not an offensive explosion but was enough to get it done tonight. WDE!

One major difference was that we were able to run the ball tonight. That was huge.

Just now, Barnacle said:

One major difference was that we were able to run the ball tonight. That was huge.

DEFINITELY!!

Just now, Barnacle said:

Out of reactions but “like”

5 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

2017 was bittersweet because we knew Bama was still probably making the playoffs. This one feels like justice 

You nailed it.  Super-sweet.  Out of reactions...

2 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Hastings went up and snagged that wounded duck throw-away for a huge gain.  Very heady play on his part to keep fighting for it.

And the turds played two ranked teams this year, and lost to them both. Including, with two weeks to prepare for LSU, at home, they still lost!

On a side-note: Gus will be back to out-coach lil nickie again.

1 hour ago, sevenlee36 said:

** Update***
The Bus has just pulled up to the Waffle House. Gus says he intends to follow through with getting the extra waffle. The driver and I have no money so we are sitting on the bus waiting. Gus says War Eagle! But don’t go to the Waffle House he likes to eat his waffle in peace.

Lol. People are jumping back on the bus? 

I'm gladly eating my crow with a little ranch dressing. WDE boys played their guts out. Why is Saban the only big time coach Gus can school in a close game???

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Hahahaha the line about bama's boring golf fans is amazing!!!!!

4. Cuz it's a family thing. 

That's something bammers will never get. 

Archived