Men vs Miss St Game Thread

Maverick.AU

39 minutes ago, AuburnAlumFromThe423 said:

#4 Oregon lost to an unranked Colorado as well. Should be at least 5, could possibly leapfrog Baylor to #4.

I don’t want to be a top 5 team. It’s been a curse this season. 

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I listened to the game and Andy Burcham and Sonny were classic . Great coverage 

Classic Over the top homerism. Andy got so obnoxious I had to turn them off. I get the refs made bad calls against us but they were bad for Both teams.  He made it sound like we were the only ones having to deal with it.

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Classic Over the top homerism. Andy got so obnoxious I had to turn them off. I get the refs made bad calls against us but they were bad for Both teams.  He made it sound like we were the only ones having to deal with it.

He’s learning his role and I think he feeds off Sunny but much like Rod I want him to be a homer.....but I agree it was over the top at times. 

19 minutes ago, ellitor said:

For a long while AU was the only one dealing with it. The refs got it together for the most part under 10 min or so.

27 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Totally over the top , I couldn’t see the game. My family and I were at Monster Jams in Birmingham. Andy and Sonny said we were basically having to beat the refs and the dawgs. Andy was a wire  man 

Just now, jared52 said:

For a long while AU was the only one dealing with it. The refs got it together for the most part under 10 min or so.

The start of the second half was egregious. I am glad to hear Andy and Sonny were being theatrical about all the calls going against us. The foul line is the one and only reason they got back in the game. They couldn't do anything vs our half court defense.

I went back and watched the last 10 game minutes after we go home from the game and I don’t know how you guys didn’t mute the TV. 

25 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Second half fouls were way lopsided. MSU got “fouled” on like 6 straight possessions. They were able to whittle away at a 12 point deficit on foul shots alone to come within 2. 

MSU was the bigger team so Im not surprised they got a crazy amount of calls. I honestly didnt see many egregious calls in the second half, although the number of calls period looked weird relative to the things were allowing in the first half. They flipped the script basically 

Anyway, SDSU was pushed quite a bit by Utah State, unfortunately they ran their star center ragged and couldn't make shots towards the end 

2 minutes ago, jared52 said:

I went back and watched the last 10 game minutes after we go home from the game and I don’t know how you guys didn’t mute the TV. 

It was all about MSU all game. What can they do to sustain the lead and then what can they do to regain the lead. I hate that announcing crew.

“Okuru and Purify”. They not only owe the university an apology, but the two guys whom they mispronounced all game long. 

SDSU is a really smart offensive team and good defensively, USU's style of play seems very slow and measured so maybe that made it easy for them, but they deserve their spot in the NET. I watched this game along with a good chunk of the actual #1 in Gonzaga, who struggled more with a worse opponent at home

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

MSU was the bigger team so Im not surprised they got a crazy amount of calls. I honestly didnt see many egregious calls in the second half, although the number of calls period looked weird relative to the things were allowing in the first half. They flipped the script basically 

Anyway, SDSU was pushed quite a bit by Utah State, unfortunately they ran their star center ragged and couldn't make shots towards the end 

Ado had I don’t know how many blocks before he got a foul called(if he ever did). Perry was mugging all night. It was as a home cooking crew if I’ve ever seen one. 

53 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Ado had I don’t know how many blocks before he got a foul called(if he ever did). Perry was mugging all night. It was as a home cooking crew if I’ve ever seen one. 

I dont know if you're right or wrong. But it's rare for fans of a team to actively look to see if the other team was also getting mistreated. 

3 hours ago, autigeremt said:

He’s learning his role and I think he feeds off Sunny but much like Rod I want him to be a homer.....but I agree it was over the top at times. 

One can be a homer and have professional decorum. Andy struggles with that in basketball and baseball at times. Maybe football too. I don’t know because I don’t get to listen to him during football games.

3 hours ago, jared52 said:

They missed calls that hurt Mississippi State in parts of the game as well.

3 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Second half fouls were way lopsided. MSU got “fouled” on like 6 straight possessions. They were able to whittle away at a 12 point deficit on foul shots alone to come within 2. 

They also missed a lot of calls that hurt state in the first half. I guess the biggest reason Andy bothers me is half the time when he goes ballistic he’s wrong. Especially in baseball.

3 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

It was all about MSU all game. What can they do to sustain the lead and then what can they do to regain the lead. I hate that announcing crew.

“Okuru and Purify”. They not only owe the university an apology, but the two guys whom they mispronounced all game long. 

Besides getting the names wrong I guess I listened to a different game announce crew than y’all because I heard Pat Bradley and Mike Morgan giving a lot of auburn compliments.

9 hours ago, AuburnAlumFromThe423 said:

#4 Oregon lost to an unranked Colorado as well. Should be at least 5, could possibly leapfrog Baylor to #4.

Oregon played Utah and won

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

They missed calls that hurt Mississippi State in parts of the game as well.

They definitely did that. There was a sequence on Auburn's end I believe in the second half that looked liked a Royal Rumble with zero fouls called. Then they call Auburn for 5-6 fouls in a row for ticky-tak stuff. If the refs are going to let them play then let both teams play, not just one. I was at the game and it was ridiculous how bad it was from time to time. And they did miss calls to our favor too. I was lucky and sat amongst quite a few Auburn fans. The funniest thing I heard was a State fan in the row in front of me, after the game she said "well, we played the first half and y'all played the second". While Auburn wasn't stellar in the first half we did have a 5 point lead at the half. There fans didn't think they could win from what I saw and heard. If not for bad calls it would have been a twenty point win. Still thrilled for a road win in the SEC against anyone. 

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Dang, we could use those treys. I miss Bryce Brown so much 😭

15 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Proud of how this team handled shooting bad at the start, however we are going to go into a game where this happens and the other team can’t miss. Either way, I’m proud of this team for overcoming adversity 

Maybe, but with the way this team plays defense and rebounds I don't see us letting many teams run us out of the gym.  We played our worst offensive half of the season and only trailed by 9 to a very good team.  We hit our rhythm and score 51 in the second half while still playing tencaious D. 

I think this team has a higher floor than last season, we'll see what it's ceiling is. 

We're going to win another conference championship, ladies and gents.

15 hours ago, CR said:

Wont be many pretty wins for this group probably, but they get after you and play hard. Glad to see Purifoy have a game to finally show what he;s capable of doing. Been a long, strange road for him.

Consistency from Purifoy is gonna be the difference in a tournament appearance and a tournament run, imo.

Archived