2021 5* LB Smael Mondon (UGA)

ellitor

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Refresh my understanding of take here, because Ive come to associate that with the idea we could get "x" recruit whenever however we wanted. Is that what he's saying here"

No a take is when we’d take him regardless of what our numbers say. Say we were only taking 2 LB’s in a class and we already have 2 committed. So technically we should be done right? No, If Smael said he wanted to commit to us, we’d make room for him regardless of what our commit numbers say

On 8/18/2020 at 12:51 AM, The Jboy Show said:

I expect Smael to be in this class.

Uh ohh.... thanks for the update! I wish tomorrow were signing day.

• 3 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

I am reading this as he has made a decision and wants to put a Video together.  If so I have seen a few people say he is leaning Auburn is that consensus or is it still up in the air?

9 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I am reading this as he has made a decision and wants to put a Video together.  If so I have seen a few people say he is leaning Auburn is that consensus or is it still up in the air?

Still pretty up in the air, if I'm not mistaken.

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

If I had to guess it has to still be up in the air at this point

• 1 month later...

There are many high profile recruits that love the Auburn atmosphere.   With the right coaching hire, maybe we can get back on some of these guys’ radar before it’s too late.  If not, then we can use our favorite mantra, “There’s always next year.”   🤣

20 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

There are many high profile recruits that love the Auburn atmosphere.   With the right coaching hire, maybe we can get back on some of these guys’ radar before it’s too late.  If not, then we can use our favorite mantra, “There’s always next year.”   🤣

From everything that I'm hearing, cryptic tweets aside, we won't be changing coaches during or after this season. 

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

You talked to him?

Honestly it's a safe assumption that we won't be getting any of our remaining elite targets. 

8 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

I hope i'm wrong. but didn't Smael commit to Georgia?

No. He hasn't committed anywhere unless he has done it within the last day and it was radio silence.

On 10/19/2020 at 10:03 PM, auburn4ever said:

I hope i'm wrong. but didn't Smael commit to Georgia?

Nope but he's about to

I apologize if I missed the answer or if I asked this before, but just wondering if Smael has said when he'll make his commitment.

On 10/24/2020 at 3:47 PM, auburn4ever said:

I apologize if I missed the answer or if I asked this before, but just wondering if Smael has said when he'll make his commitment.

@auburn4everNovember 18th per his 247 profile.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/1/2020 at 9:52 AM, ellitor said:

@auburn4everNovember 18th per his 247 profile.

Happening tomorrow

Assume that's 8:30 ET

What a shame it won't be us. 

7 hours ago, Zeek said:

Happening tomorrow

Assume that's 8:30 ET

What a shame it won't be us. 

But....but....I thought you had to have great on-the-field performance and coaching stability and....and....

40 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

What's plan B if we don't get Smael's commitment?

Probably another 3*fallback plan.  Though we've know for a minute he's all UGA so I don't think we're even paying attention to the announcement today. 

6 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Probably another 3*fallback plan.  Though we've know for a minute he's all UGA so I don't think we're even paying attention to the announcement today. 

Gus is going 🦆 hunting today.

Archived