Please keep Doc4aday in your prayers

ellitor

my time is officially up.  i feel  better now and look for better days. I thank all of you for your support and prayers 110% Auburn folks are the greatest on earth!!!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, doc4aday said:

my time is officially up

You gave me a scare with this beginning of your post.  Glad you’re back to normal.

5 hours ago, slot canyon said:

Are you able to share what lies ahead in terms of follow-up?  Antibody test?  Glad to hear you're doing well.

I will see my MD next week for followup.  He has not mentioned anything yet about antibody test. I will ask him when I see him next week. I feel good for the most and have my sense of smell back almost normal. All in all, mine was a rather mild case compared to so many poor souls out there that has/had it worse than me. I am fortunate in that I hope I can actually play some golf in a couple of weeks maybe. I will ask my MD about it before I take off to the links!  It will be a while before I will want another smoothie!  I appreciate all of the thoughtfulness and prayers for me!  Keep praying for those areas being hard hit.

Godspeed & WDE!!!

Doc

On 6/25/2020 at 3:08 PM, 3rdgeneration said:

We are currently in the Keys. Monroe County is requiring masks for all public places and most everyone is adhering to that rule. They are super strict down here, because they don't have adequate hospital beds for a big influx of cases. They have opened the Keys back up, but I would not be surprised if they shut them back down for non-owners again. A couple of days of spiking illness here. Nationally, I wonder if it could be related to people not being cautious while protesting.

I don't think that's it. Where I live is a smaller city. Our protesters were mostly masked and never got over a few hundred at most. Plus being outside helps a lot. Most protesters in other places wore masks. What has caused the huge surge in this beach town has been tourists by the thousands coming in with no masks and going in stores and restaurants. They have not been social distancing anywhere. Yesterday the news came out that several life guards are now positive for COVID 19. They have close contact with tourists by necessity. I have stopped going to my Neighborhood Walmart store because there were tourists with no masks and no social distancing taking over the store. They looked at us in our masks like we were the stupid ones. Now we are overwhelmed with thousands of sick people and the hospitals are strained to capacity. The mayor JUST YESTERDAY issued a mask ordinance and bars are closing down as are some restaurants. Now we all know someone who is either sick or dead. It is so awful. I have a Dr friend, a pediatrician, who has been very sick for 2 weeks. I worry for her and her family. I have lost 2 friends already.....one here and one in Birmingham.  😭

On 6/26/2020 at 7:55 AM, doc4aday said:

my time is officially up.  i feel  better now and look for better days. I thank all of you for your support and prayers 110% Auburn folks are the greatest on earth!!!

Great news doc!!! 

• 2 weeks later...

saw my MD today and he gave me the green light to get back into life as normal. Going to play golf tomorrow (9 holes) I cannot wait until then. I am so thankful that I made it trough without too much discomfort.  I lost a total of 6 pounds of which I really do not care if I put it back!

I want to thank each and everyone of you for your prayers and thoughts for me. It is a great feeling to know your fellow Auburn family has your back!  Please continue to pray for those in Florida, Texas, and other states that are being hard hit as I speak from this evil virus.

On 6/26/2020 at 7:55 AM, doc4aday said:

image.gif

Fantastic news Doc. Now you can go upstairs and talk to the wife instead of Skyping.

It looks like we are fixing to be really hard hit of which is disturbing to me.  This could be worse than what we experienced back in April and May. Things are moving too fast in my opinion. Not sure what the answer is. Maybe some degree of lock-down is needed again until things turn around.

5 hours ago, doc4aday said:

It looks like we are fixing to be really hard hit of which is disturbing to me.  This could be worse than what we experienced back in April and May. Things are moving too fast in my opinion. Not sure what the answer is. Maybe some degree of lock-down is needed again until things turn around.

A lock-down is the only thing that will slow the spread of the virus. It's too late to contain it. The initial lock-down was way too short.But we don't have the leadership in this country that we need, so that won't happen. It's a crisis of epic proportions and no one in our government is doing much about it. Our patients are testing positive at a rate of about 5-6 people a day. That's just one practitioner....in a beach town of about 5000 year round residents. Other physicians in this area could have  different numbers. That was caused by opening the beaches way too soon. The tourists brought the virus and spread it all over 2 counties and now our area is the epicenter.

20 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

A lock-down is the only thing that will slow the spread of the virus. It's too late to contain it. The initial lock-down was way too short.But we don't have the leadership in this country that we need, so that won't happen. It's a crisis of epic proportions and no one in our government is doing much about it. Our patients are testing positive at a rate of about 5-6 people a day. That's just one practitioner....in a beach town of about 5000 year round residents. Other physicians in this area could have  different numbers. That was caused by opening the beaches way too soon. The tourists brought the virus and spread it all over 2 counties and now our area is the epicenter.

You are dead on 110% right.  Dr. Fauci is the only one who seems to have an accurate pulse on this virus and the leader of this country has stuck his head in the sand and refuses to listen to Dr. Fauci any more.  It would not surprise me to see the virus approaching close to 100,000 cases a day in the not too distant future. I appreciate your knowledge and concern with this virus. It is scary and is getting worse as we speak.  I am so thankful I survived my bout with covid 19 and feel deeply for those suffering from this horrible virus. I want to share a link that is real time with keeping up with the virus in our country.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

I am glad baseball season is going to happen. Anxious to see how my Braves will do in this shortened season. I wonder if the Braves will have dummy fans in the stands!

2 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I am glad baseball season is going to happen. Anxious to see how my Braves will do in this shortened season. I wonder if the Braves will have dummy fans in the stands!

Every single game I ever attended, that was guaranteed!

20 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Every single game I ever attended, that was guaranteed!

I wonder if Bryant Denny Stadium will have 100,000 dummy fans......they have this every game they have and will  ever play!

Archived