if race does not matter

aubiefifty

take it off job applications, rental applications, and credit card applications. we are all americans so what the hell does color have to do with anything? yes i live in a different world.

I believe it is used in those type situations to prevent people from being discriminated against or used as a disqualifer for employment, housing, ... etc 

16 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

I believe it is used in those type situations to prevent people from being discriminated against or used as a disqualifer for employment, housing, ... etc 

so you believe those are never used to discriminate against folks?

25 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

so you believe those are never used to discriminate against folks?

🤷🏼‍♂️Probably 

1 hour ago, aubearcat said:

You believe correctly. They do it to ensure compliance with various affirmative action laws.

You aren't taking your thought far enough.

If you stop probing about "race" in every aspect of everyday life, then you can't use it as a weapon to overthrow free society. THAT is why it is necessary for everything to be about race. 

Absolutely none of this is "by accident". Everything is programmed.

3 minutes ago, metafour said:

You aren't taking your thought far enough.

If you stop probing about "race" in every aspect of everyday life, then you can't use it as a weapon to overthrow free society. THAT is why it is necessary for everything to be about race. 

Absolutely none of this is "by accident". Everything is programmed.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2OuUdLSU1InXbpF7sUZm

9 minutes ago, metafour said:

Mhmmmmmmm

Yes interesting very interesting you're very interesting I see it now everyone is a commie.

Wander off of the poli board over at tRant again?

15 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Yes interesting very interesting you're very interesting I see it now everyone is a commie.

Wander off of the poli board over at tRant again?

Are the wheels starting to turn yet?

Do you see any of this anywhere in today's political landscape?

Search "Cultural Marxism" on Wikipedia and you will be taken DIRECTLY to this passage. Go ahead and try it yourself :)

2020-06-23_10-52-35.jpg

image.png

2 minutes ago, metafour said:

Are the wheels starting to turn yet?

Do you see any of this anywhere in today's political landscape?

Search "Cultural Marxism" on Wikipedia and you will be taken DIRECTLY to this passage. Go ahead and try it yourself :)

2020-06-23_10-52-35.jpg

image.png

I think you believe everyone and everything you disagree with is some sort of crypto-communist or communist plot, and I'll bet you check under your bed for VI Lenin before you go to bed every night.

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

I think you believe everyone and everything you disagree with is some sort of crypto-communist or communist plot, and I'll bet you check under your bed for VI Lenin before you go to bed every night.

He's a real throwback. ;) 

"Tail gunner" Joe :laugh:

40 minutes ago, homersapien said:

He's a real throwback. ;) 

"Tail gunner" Joe :laugh:

Soooo I watched his video and looked up the author. You're not going to believe this.  

In his book World Without Cancer, he argued in favor of a pseudo-scientific theory that asserted cancer to be a nutritional deficiency curable by consuming amygdalin.[2][3][4] He is the author of The Creature from Jekyll Island (1994), which promotes false theories about the motives behind the creation of the Federal Reserve System.[2][5] He is an HIV/AIDS denialist, supports the 9/11 Truth movement, and supports a specific John F. Kennedy assassination conspiracy theory.[2] He also believes that the biblical Noah's Ark is located at the Durupınar site in Turkey.[6]

4 hours ago, aubearcat said:

If used to maintain "quotas" or diversity levels, wouldn't that a form of racism in its own right? 

Shouldn't things like that go to most qualified/deserving regardless of race. IMO, those things should be a "blind" undertaking?

Do I think it could actually be achieved? No, not as long as human with innate prejudice and stereotypes are making the decisions.

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

If used to maintain "quotas" or diversity levels, wouldn't that a form of racism in its own right? 

Discrimination yes, racism no. It is a form of positive discrimination, meant to level the playing field for historically oppressed demographics. 

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Shouldn't things like that go to most qualified/deserving regardless of race. IMO, those things should be a "blind" undertaking?

A strawman.

With rare exceptions, they do. Now bad hires and such do occasionally happen based upon racial quotas, no doubt, but the laws generally don't require you to pass over a more qualified candidate in favor of a minority, only that everyone gets a fair shake in the process and you  don't be a bigoted a**hole in your hiring/admittance practices. The SCOTUS has ruled on this.

24 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Discrimination yes, racism no. It is a form of positive discrimination, meant to level the playing field for historically oppressed demographics. 

A strawman.

Actually based on the definition of racism...it is in fact a form of racism. 

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

You understand that all of these "social movements" are hijacked and weaponized by outside forces, right? BLM is headed by three lesbians, at least two of which are openly adamant Marxists. You can find all sorts of first-hand accounts from early leaders in the movement who were pushed out as the movement was infiltrated and morphed into the political party you see today. Their website now toutes feminism, gay rights, and trans-rights as fundamental components of the movement. Its an interesting inclusion once you understand that the predominant majority of blacks are anti-gay; it has never been a part of their culture (despite Hollywood and the entertainment industry pushing it in slowly, but that is an entire different topic in itself).

Here is one the founders openly referring herself as a trained Marxist:

Now, as to the general topic of the world Communist "conspiracy", here is ex-KGB defector Yuri Bezmenov in the mid 1980's describing the subversion of American people through the education system and mass media towards Communism and the role that "Useful Idiots" (ie: Social Activists) play in bringing the society to crisis. As with every other Communist uprising in history, these people are pawns who will be the first ones executed once their purpose is fulfilled.

You are of course already too far-gone to understand what is going on, but if you have time his ~2-3+ hours in lectures are filled with exact predictions of what you see today. Just a clever coincidence, I'm sure. Oh yeah, and Yuri Bezmenov conveniently passed away in the early 1990's in Canada - probably killed himself like Epstein I reckon. 

41 minutes ago, AUDub said:

A strawman.

With rare exceptions, they do. Now bad hires and such do occasionally happen based upon racial quotas, no doubt, but the laws generally don't require you to pass over a more qualified candidate in favor of a minority, only that everyone gets a fair shake in the process and you  don't be a bigoted a**hole in your hiring/admittance practices. The SCOTUS has ruled on this.

If it happens, rare or not, wouldn't that still be a form of racism and any occurence be too often? 

33 minutes ago, metafour said:

You understand that all of these "social movements" are hijacked and weaponized by outside forces, right? BLM is headed by three lesbians, at least two of which are openly adamant Marxists. You can find all sorts of first-hand accounts from early leaders in the movement who were pushed out as the movement was infiltrated and morphed into the political party you see today. Their website now toutes feminism, gay rights, and trans-rights as fundamental components of the movement. Its an interesting inclusion once you understand that the predominant majority of blacks are anti-gay; it has never been a part of their culture (despite Hollywood and the entertainment industry pushing it in slowly, but that is an entire different topic in itself).

Here is one the founders openly referring herself as a trained Marxist:

Now, as to the general topic of the world Communist "conspiracy", here is ex-KGB defector Yuri Bezmenov in the mid 1980's describing the subversion of American people through the education system and mass media towards Communism and the role that "Useful Idiots" (ie: Social Activists) play in bringing the society to crisis. As with every other Communist uprising in history, these people are pawns who will be the first ones executed once their purpose is fulfilled.

You are of course already too far-gone to understand what is going on, but if you have time his ~2-3+ hours in lectures are filled with exact predictions of what you see today. Just a clever coincidence, I'm sure. Oh yeah, and Yuri Bezmenov conveniently passed away in the early 1990's in Canada - probably killed himself like Epstein I reckon. 

You would have fit right in at Hoover's FBI where they wiretapped MLK under the auspices of him supposedly being a communist. 

58 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Actually based on the definition of racism...it is in fact a form of racism. 

Not necessarily. Depends upon how one defines racism. For the purposes of affirmative action,  it's "prejudice plus power." Affirmative action is meant as a counter to systemic racism. 

50 minutes ago, bigbird said:

If it happens, rare or not, wouldn't that still be a form of racism and any occurence be too often? 

One could certainly argue that. Almost certainly not fair for the guy getting screwed on an individual level. 

You won't catch me arguing that it's an imperfect system, but the policies are helpful for the most part. Just look at what happens to the places that remove those restrictions. 

40 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Affirmative action is meant as a counter to systemic racism. 

And it did its job for the most part during the 60's, 70's, 80's, and into the 90's. However, I'd argue that the systemic racism it was designed to combat are, for the most part, no longer at play (due in no small part to AA). Yet, there are only 9 states that have currently banned it's practice.  Which means 41 states are still adhering and practicing an antiquated law from almost 80 years ago. 

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

And it did its job for the most part during the 60's, 70's, 80's, and into the 90's. However, I'd argue that the systemic racism it was designed to combat are, for the most part, no longer at play (due in no small part to AA). Yet, there are only 9 states that have currently banned it's practice.  Which means 41 states are still adhering and practicing an antiquated law from almost 80 years ago. 

There's a lot of things in society that we could lump into the racism (I guess technically you could call it reverse racism) bucket. Things that if a white person did, people would be crawling out of the woodworks to flag it as racism. 

24 minutes ago, bigbird said:

No it's probably still necessary. While not as overt as it once was, the lingering effects of systemic racism are still with us. While the de jure system was effectively eradicated during the Civil Rights Movement, many de facto forms are still with us. Think the mess we made with things like redlining had no inertia and disappeared when we made such practices illegal? I invite you to look at any racial demographic map of a major city here in the USA, and then compare relative wealth. 

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

No it's probably still necessary. While not as overt as it once was, the lingering effects of systemic racism are still with us. While the de jure system was effectively eradicated during the Civil Rights Movement, many de facto forms are still with us. Think the mess we made with things like redlining and had no inertia and disappeared when we made such practices illegal? I invite you to look at any racial demographic map of a major city here in the USA, and then compare relative wealth. 

Playing devil's advocate, at what point is it enough? Actual equality of relative wealth is obviously not the answer there. We need to know that putting in x amount of work (measured by outcome and not just effort) should yield x amount of gains for everyone involved. How would we judge that sort of thing?

Archived