McKesson To Distribute Coronavirus Vaccines In The US

augolf1716

Only reason I'm posting this is I use to work at McKesson. McKesson, AmerisourceBergen and Cardinal Drug are the only full line pharmaceutical wholesalers in the US. I finished my 31 year career at AmerisourceBergen. 

The Wall Street Journal (8/14, Hopkins, Subscription Publication) reported HHS announced that McKesson will be a main distributor of a future coronavirus vaccine across the US. Bloomberg (8/14, Raimonde, Edney) reported that the agency explained that the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will exercise an option presented in a 2016 contract with McKesson that allows for the distribution of a vaccine in case of a pandemic. Through the contract, McKesson will distribute both COVID-19 vaccines and medical supplies as ordered by the CDC. The piece said, “The rollout of vaccines that can reach most Americans is expected to last until well into 2021, top administration officials, including National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Anthony Fauci, have said.” 

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Only reason I'm posting this is I use to work at McKesson. McKesson, AmerisourceBergen and Cardinal Drug are the only full line pharmaceutical wholesalers in the US. I finished my 31 year career at AmerisourceBergen. 

The Wall Street Journal (8/14, Hopkins, Subscription Publication) reported HHS announced that McKesson will be a main distributor of a future coronavirus vaccine across the US. Bloomberg (8/14, Raimonde, Edney) reported that the agency explained that the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will exercise an option presented in a 2016 contract with McKesson that allows for the distribution of a vaccine in case of a pandemic. Through the contract, McKesson will distribute both COVID-19 vaccines and medical supplies as ordered by the CDC. The piece said, “The rollout of vaccines that can reach most Americans is expected to last until well into 2021, top administration officials, including National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Anthony Fauci, have said.” 

Should I buy stock?

McKesson's probably a good choice. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Should I buy stock?

McKesson's probably a good choice. 

Pharmaceutical wholesale stock is usually a good steady stock to have. They seldon have extreme up and down in stock valuation. Between the three companies they have a lock for 99% of pharmaceuticals sales in the US. I assume McKesson has the VA/government contract with ABC having the Defense contract. 

21 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Pharmaceutical wholesale stock is usually a good steady stock to have. They seldon have extreme up and down in stock valuation. Between the three companies they have a lock for 99% of pharmaceuticals sales in the US. I assume McKesson has the VA/government contract with ABC having the Defense contract. 

I think Epic has the VA/gov software contract, but not sure about pharma. Also not sure if McKesson is even still in the software game. 

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I think Epic has the VA/gov software contract, but not sure about pharma. Also not sure if McKesson is even still in the software game. 

Have no idea I left McKesson in 1986 and went with Bergen Brunwig which later became AmerisourceBergen. Both were/are great companies to work for. 

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Have no idea I left McKesson in 1986 and went with Bergen Brunwig which later became AmerisourceBergen. Both were/are great companies to work for. 

I had a lot of coworkers at my former job go over to McKesson. Most of them didn't like it as much as Meditech, where we worked together, but Meditech is a pretty special place. And they all went there for more money, so the buyer's remorse wasn't particularly acute. 

Archived