Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

Just now, mom2kid said:

This committee better realize that no coach worth anything is going to accept their terms.  They are destroying AU football.

Apparently they only care about themselves and their precious power grab. I saw this happen at Clemson in 1989......it's happening here. 

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

It would make my heart so glad if Bill Clark turned down the job. I would love it if every coach they look at would rather shovel s*** than work for these elitist asshats. Then when it appears that no one wants to come within a hundred miles of Auburn, it'll become apparent that they need to be dismissed from their position of influence.

Bill Clark is god to the UAB fans. He has literally build the program from its foundation and thumbed his nose at UAT doing it. New stadium opening next season. Conference championship two of the last three years. If he stays, UAB will be on par with Memphis, Cinncinati, Louisville, etc very soon. Why give that up to get pissed on by the AU board and expect to thank them for the privilege. Not only does he turned down the job, UAB has a better record for the next few seasons along with more conference championships and maybe an invite to the AAC. Not hard to see UAB being the new UCLA or Boise State in a few years. Not SEC championships, but it's not chopped liver either.

Aside from the boost in salary, who would want to work under these conditions. A yes man is all you're going to get, unless Greene can take control of this situation and somehow persuade a qualified coach that things are changing.

14 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Good for Gus. If that's true he probably did us a big favor. 

That's what I was saying earlier.. Now that he is gone, he should speak the truth and tell it like it is. 

It's a ******* shame we can't focus on honoring Kevin Greene because we're in the middle of one of the most **** tarded coaching searches ever 

12 minutes ago, orangemaskman said:

Have a reliable source that said Lashlee is coming back to the Plains.  I deduced that he was coming along with Richt.  Richt is not coming.  Lashlee is our new head coach.  Announcement tomorrow at 10:00.

You sir are a troll. Please see your way out. You aren’t fooling anyone.

20 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Missed this earlier. If that’s true about Gus then good for him. 

06E141C9-ACDB-465C-B7E0-ECDB8E51D758.jpeg

It would not be hard to guess Gus' motivation to torpedo Steele's ascension to the HC job if the rumors about backstabbing are true.

This is really p****** me off! No coach of any substance would put up with a small group of people loosely associated with the school, telling them who to hire and what to do. That doesn't work. It is a disaster and an embarrassment to the Alumni and fans of the school.

IMO, Auburn needs to go back to both MC and Napier on their hands and knees, beg and offer them everything they want plus tell them they have control to hire and run the program the way they see fit.

6 minutes ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

I Dont usually post but I have been Auburn fan all my life.. and wanted to say some of yall sound like Bammers in disguise.. talking and sabotaging the coach.. sickening.. War Eagle! to the real Auburn fans..

Whatever.  Fandom/loyalty isn’t defined by sitting back and accepting whatever pablum the boosters want to feed you. If it makes you feel better to do so, go for it. 

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Bidding war with UAB for a football coach. How embarrassing. 

If we get Bill Clark a raise I'm just going to start to embrace the suck and have fun with it 

3 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

This is really p****** me off! No coach of any substance would put up with a small group of people loosely associated with the school, telling them who to hire and what to do. That doesn't work. It is a disaster and an embarrassment to the Alumni and fans of the school.

IMO, Auburn needs to go back to both MC and Napier on their hands and knees, beg and offer them everything they want plus tell them they have control to hire and run the program the way they see fit.

That would take humility, something the guys who are behind the scenes here truly don't have.  It doesn't change the fact that you're 100% correct.

Archived