Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

Again I ask this question because I think it's potentially intriguing:

Does Clark hate Bama more than anyone here now?  It was Bama and their board that killed UAB football right when he took over.  There's legitimate motivation on his end to despise Tuscaloosa.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, leglessdan said:

Guys,  guys, guys.....don't turn on each other. Put your anger towards the University for continually allowing these boosters to dictate things. Our infighting is doing nothing productive amongst us.

Outside of putting a hit out on the BoT( I am not suggesting that lol), it is a futile endeavor. It is not going to change. They are all sorry excuses for Auburn men.

14 minutes ago, AUDub said:

No it is not, Loof.

Clark is worthy of a shot should we hire him. He is a good coach. 

Auburn just paid $21.4million to get rid of a good coach. 🙃

19 minutes ago, AUDub said:

No shut up. We won't get any coach worth a damn at this rate. 

That ship sailed a long time ago.  Unless they're willing to back track and give full autonomy and a crap load of money to one of the better candidates to put up with their meddling.

9 minutes ago, AUDub said:

No it is not, Loof.

Clark is worthy of a shot should we hire him. He is a good coach. 

I mean, if he's who AU hires then of course we'll give him a shot. Nothing else the regular, loyal fan can do, but he's going to be walking into a tough, stressful situation. 

Being a small time, semi unpopular hire will just mean the honeymoon phase is all that much shorter and unless Clark gets off to a good start we could start to see attendance issues and grumbling faster than ever.

1 minute ago, keesler said:

Auburn just paid $21.4million to get rid of a good coach. 🙃

As far as player development goes, Clark is light years ahead of Gus.

10 minutes ago, WarEagle1982 said:

This is absolutely true.  I worked, as an assistant, under one of Clark’s former assistants from Prattville.  There was a major hatred for Auburn there that was blatantly obvious.

You work with crazy old Jeff Bailey? 

2 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

It's all part of Bama's plan. Stage a shutdown of UAB, secretly give Clark the resources to make it a successful turnaround, knowing AU can't resist hiring him at some point, get him in after years of Gus complacency, destroy us from the inside.

It's a conspiracy I say! 

gun-gif.gif

Clark can coach no question 

You need to be an absolute cut throat recruiter to be successful in the SEC west.. Can he recruit? Nothing In his coaching history says he can..Chances are he will get eaten alive on the recruiting trial.. 
Maybe I’m totally wrong (I hope I am) but that’s how I see it 

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Again I ask this question because I think it's potentially intriguing:

Does Clark hate Bama more than anyone here now?  It was Bama and their board that killed UAB football right when he took over.  There's legitimate motivation on his end to despise Tuscaloosa.

Or are we just trying to find ways to make it seem like Bill Clark is now magically a Barner instead of a Bammer

Question for long time fans

Mario Napier Sark allegedly said no

Someone decided Lane and Freeze too much baggage

No one wants Steele Clark and Brown

Who are left as candidates??

Auburn has become a big joke since all the fat cats who's really running show behind the scenes. Here's my UPDATED list. Steve Sarkisian, Brent Venables, Luke Fickell, Hugh Freeze, Joe Brady, Lane Kiffin, 

1 minute ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

If it really is Clark, and we do keep Steele and Garner, will that help with the recruiting? Honest question. 

Hard to hurt when you're almost 50th

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Imagine almost 350 pages all to get Bill Clark

No other Auburn thing has ever been Auburn’d. A fan base with high aspersions of winning football and an administration who thinks we are a group of 5 team. 

Just now, Zeek said:

Hard to hurt when you're almost 50th

Valid point. I don't like the fact that they would be pushed on him, but they are historically decent recruiters, right? 

If recruiting is our biggest issue with Clark (outside of the fact that he's like the 5th best option we went after), shouldn't that mitigate some of the concern? 

14 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

With all this mess with the money men, this might be the best option. If they are going to be doing this level of meddling, I have a hard time seeing him be successful. As much as it pains me to say it,  I think Auburn needs the most brutal of gut punches to ever get real change.

Ehh, when a Sunbelt coach at Louisiana turns down a HC offer from Auburn that's a pretty brutal gut punch by my estimation.  When Auburn has to settle for UAB's HC there's another punch in the gut.  

39 minutes ago, AUDub said:

We've a coterie of idiots on this forum that for some reason have decided Bill Clark is the worst thing ever and a bunch of bandwagoning fools parroting it. 

Good Lord, people. 

So you’re also discounting the players opinions and those that, you know, actually know football? I’ve not seen him mentioned as a desirable candidate by any of the respected football people on this forum. Yes, it will be a terrible hire. You’re an intelligent and thoughtful person and you KNOW the only reason he’s being hired is because he’s going to be a puppet. Perhaps your also frustrated perhaps not. Our fans are so fed up with the status quo, I think the outrage is not only logical but also deserved.  Clark may be a fine man but he should be interviewing for the Mississippi States of the world not at one of the the 15-20 programs that can compete on a national level. 

Archived