Football Performance Center

RunInRed

5 minutes ago, AUnCullman said:

I know this may have been asked before but what is BE being used for currently? I cant imagine the money pit it is for the Athletic Dept. 

The old Coliseum is used for quite a few things now:

The girls Basketball team will sometimes practice there, its used for the olympic handball team as well as other sports teams that aren't officially NCAA sanctioned, its also home to several classes in physical education, kinesiology, and maybe even nursing.

Had many a class there as well as other tasks that took place there before graduating. Some of which escape me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

The girls Basketball team will sometimes practice there, its used for the olympic handball team as well as other sports teams that aren't officially NCAA sanctioned, its also home to several classes in physical education, kinesiology, and maybe even nursing.

Had many a class there as well as other tasks that took place there before graduating. Some of which escape me.

Wow. I Had no idea it was used that much. Thanks for the info!

4 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Is ours going to have a McDonald’s in it like Tennessee has?  Asking for a friend. 

Casanova McKenzie says we should go with a Chick-Fil-A instead.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Hopefully they can sell the s*** out of this to recruits. They'll essentially break it in

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1

I’m just catching up on this. I like what we have overall outside of that ugly entertainment room. I think a basketball court would have done wonders for this personally. Clemson has that and putt putt and volleyball and a few more activities. I also wish there was a dining hall in the facility. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

I’m just catching up on this. I like what we have overall outside of that ugly entertainment room. I think a basketball court would have done wonders for this personally. Clemson has that and putt putt and volleyball and a few more activities. I also wish there was a dining hall in the facility. 

yes. Like it def needs more things that appeal to the recruits. Like a flight simulation? Come on. While very cool only a few kids are actually going to care about that after trying it out a couple of times. Basketball courts, putt putt etc would be much more popular consistently.

• Like 2

I'm probably just overly picky but would like to see them use a single font for consistency throughout the building. Looks like at least 3 or 4 different ones in the design. I'm a fan of the Copperplate myself but I really don't care as long as every area doesn't have something different. It's not cohesive. 

I actually wish I was a barber, that might be a nice gig to have. 

Edited by gr82be

Maybe I’m creeping into old man territory in my late 30s but I read about these new centers being put up around college football and half the stuff leaves me shaking my head.  2 recording studios and a flight simulator?  I know Twill had his thing going but do we have that many aspiring artists that a studio is going to get used let alone 2?  Do NFL teams have this stuff at their facilities?  Is this really what it takes to get high end recruits or are these just vanity projects to say look at us?  Based on what Auburn has already done to the basketball arena is the University going to have to shell out millions more in 5 years to revamp it?  I love Auburn Sports but some of this stuff is nutty.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Is this really what it takes to get high end recruits or are these just vanity projects to say look at us?

Well, the whole recruiting game is saying "look at us".  I'm not suggesting that there aren't better, more useful ways for Auburn to say "look at us" than recording studios and flight simulators- really don't know how I feel about some of this stuff- but it's strategic.

The flight simulator at least is in keeping with Auburn's identity.

38 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

2 recording studios and a flight simulator?  I know Twill had his thing going but do we have that many aspiring artists that a studio is going to get used let alone 2?  Do NFL teams have this stuff at their facilities?  Is this really what it takes to get high end recruits or are these just vanity projects to say look at us? 

There aren't two recording studios. Recording studios consist of two rooms one for recording and the other for the sound engineer.

NFL teams recruit by paying the most. Colleges recruit by showing 16, 17, and 18 year olds how much fun they could have here. 

14 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Someone at the University must have mistakenly put up the BOE meeting material that included more renderings. For about a day they have about 10-12 renderings listed. Showing much more detailed renderings. It looks like these didn't make the final document though.

The lobby has 2 story wall covering jumbotron screens. The weightroom has a 4 sided diamond hanging screen from the middle of the room. The interiors are much more modern (lots of glass and steel looks) than the outside appears. 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Is this really what it takes to get high end recruits

Yes.

but remember there is no money for players

• Thanks 2

Also, Summer 2022 was a year earlier for completion than I thought was possible..  When already in Feb ... still soliciting construction bids, etc.  That's essentially a 15 month build unless things on the vendor selection, etc., are further ahead than has been communicated.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, augolf1716 said:
13 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Maybe I’m creeping into old man territory in my late 30s

WTH are you talking about late 30's my ass

@augolf1716:Is it possible to ban somebody for something like this? Asking for a friend....

On 1/21/2021 at 8:39 AM, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Volleyball will practice there as well.  Took my strength training class in there as well.  Great place to do stadiums if you are into that kind of thing.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/29/2021 at 8:31 AM, aubaseball said:

So who will use the “semi new” 100 yard indoor practice field that was built several years ago 

Basically every other outdoor sport

4 hours ago, abw0004 said:

That showed a lot more detail, just wish it slowed down for the words that pop up lol.  But I love the Toomers TP tribute in the lounge.  Didn't notice that before.