We ever gonna get a Transfer?!

AUght2win

Kids are flying all over the place. Seems like we're the only school in the country that hasn't reeled in a transfer since the postseason began. I haven't even heard of any leads or attempts.

Not complaining. Just curious as to what's up?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

pre-emptive obviously, but it looks like this is just going to be a throwaway class probably

tbh, I imagine they're more concerned filling this staff out than rushing in a few 2 star, 3 star caliber guys 

I think it’s a safe bet we’ll be able to count the max back and sign 28 in the 2022 class. Hopefully, it will be a very impressive class.  CBH is certainly hiring the right guys to get it done!

5 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Kids are flying all over the place. Seems like we're the only school in the country that hasn't reeled in a transfer since the postseason began. I haven't even heard of any leads or attempts.

Not complaining. Just curious as to what's up?

@AUght2winA couple things. The majority of the transfers in the transfer portal aren’t gonna happen until after spring ball. Also the play immediately transfer rule that was expected to go into affect for the coming season has now been delayed to at least 2022 so that will greatly reduce the candidates we take for transfers. Transfers we need will need to be grad transfers that can play immediately.

25 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Did the TE from OK sign and cost us a scholly?  Or are we sitting at 12 with 13 to give?  Or is everything I just said wrong?🤷‍♂️

@AUpreacherman22signing papers does not cost a scholarship. Scholarships are only cost when players are enrolled and leave mid semester. We are sitting at 12 with 13 to give those numbers change to 13 and 12 if Dawson indeed signs.

26 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I think it’s a safe bet we’ll be able to count the max back and sign 28 in the 2022 class. Hopefully, it will be a very impressive class.  CBH is certainly hiring the right guys to get it done!

@AUpreacherman22Where did you get 28 from? Last I checked it we have no count backs available And can bring in 25 at most.

17 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Next year is a mulligan 

No it’s not. At worst we should win eight games but should win nine. Schedule as it is now is not as daunting as usual.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

No it’s not. At worst we should win eight games but should win nine. Schedule as it is now is not as daunting as usual.

Agreed. Going into 2020, even before the pandemic, I think a lot of us were already looking forward to 2021 specifically because of the schedule. Also, we'll get our entire OL and QB back. Now, I think a lot of us expected a lot more from the QB in year 2, but there's still hope. 

19 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

a lot of us were already looking forward to 2021 specifically because of the schedule. Also, we'll get our entire OL

Is this a good thing?

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Is this a good thing?

I mean better than last year when we had no returning experience and no highly rated guys to plug in. Atleast now we have experience. 

Just is just me spitballing but I think Harsin has a certain type of guy that he like to recruit. He wants guys that are passionate about the game...the live, eat, and drink football types. So he may be selective on who he goes after in the transfer portal. He is also working on his staff and evaluating what areas of the team requires bringing in some transfers. Lot of moving parts right now so after spring may be more of when we start making moves in the Transfer portal. 

We'll see....i'm sure the coaches currently hired are already hard at evaluating our current roster and checking what is available out there

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Is this a good thing?

Absolutely. They weren't great, but by the end of the season they weren't the liability that they're made out to be. (First impressions are powerful.)

If you look at our best seasons, you'll always see an *experienced* offensive line. And several of those groups were much maligned until their senior years together. Now, this group obviously isn't as talented as the better ones in the conference/country (same difference for the most part), but the fact that they return completely intact is very meaningful. That group will be a strength in 2021 IMO. (IF they stay healthy. Depth will remain a concern this season and beyond.)

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

@AUpreacherman22Where did you get 28 from? Last I checked it we have no count backs available And can bring in 25 at most.

He got it from me. I thought the max was 28, using three countbacks. Now it's being said the max is 30, using 5 countbacks. That would be correct on his part because what he said is if we have a light class numbers-wise this class of 2021, we will be able to sign up to 28/30 for 2022. See below.

3 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I think it’s a safe bet we’ll be able to count the max back and sign 28 in the 2022 class.

54 minutes ago, Mikey said:

He got it from me. I thought the max was 28, using three countbacks. Now it's being said the max is 30, using 5 countbacks. That would be correct on his part because what he said is if we have a light class numbers-wise this class of 2021, we will be able to sign up to 28/30 for 2022. See below.

Thanks @Mikey!  You explained it a lot better than I could’ve.   
So, 28 or maybe 30?  Who knows.  The NCAA may change their minds a dozen times between now and 2022 signing day.  Either way, it should be a very strong class for us.  

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

@AUght2winA couple things. The majority of the transfers in the transfer portal aren’t gonna happen until after spring ball. Also the play immediately transfer rule that was expected to go into affect for the coming season has now been delayed to at least 2022 so that will greatly reduce the candidates we take for transfers. Transfers we need will need to be grad transfers that can play immediately.

So help me understand where this sits. They were under impression that all transfers would get immediate eligibility, but I heard the NCAA delayed the vote. So now ....none of the transfers get the waiver? I have to imagine there will be some who may rethink and pull themselves from the portal. That is pretty @#$%y of the NCAA to do that. 

We need a qb bad. The thing is you have to convince a guy transferring that he can win the job. I know I wouldn't trust it, but who knows

Just now, cole256 said:

We need a qb bad. The thing is you have to convince a guy transferring that he can win the job. I know I wouldn't trust it, but who knows

I doubt new coaches feel any sense of obligation to Patrick Nix.

Archived