We ever gonna get a Transfer?!

AUght2win

On 1/12/2021 at 1:08 PM, AUinGA44 said:

We better get some dang grad-transfer running backs. Tank, Worm, and a true freshman is not an ideal depth chart. 

Sounds like opportunity for a walk on or two.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/12/2021 at 2:08 PM, AUinGA44 said:

We better get some dang grad-transfer running backs. Tank, Worm, and a true freshman is not an ideal depth chart. 

💯 definitely need two more RBs

Thing is, we were thinking of transfers to provide immediate help. With the NCAA refusing to change the rule, only grad transfers can play without sitting out a year. The pool of available guys who fit our needs just shrunk by a factor of at least 10.

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Thing is, we were thinking of transfers to provide immediate help. With the NCAA refusing to change the rule, only grad transfers can play without sitting out a year. The pool of available guys who fit our needs just shrunk by a factor of at least 10.

I wonder if there will be some trying to pull their name. I know that it would be up to the coach I would say, but with that change of course I have to imagine it is going to happen. 

On that note...I remember hearing Harold Joiner hadn't yet signed and some possible smoke about him coming back to AU. Anybody hear anything about that?

9 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

On that note...I remember hearing Harold Joiner hadn't yet signed and some possible smoke about him coming back to AU. Anybody hear anything about that?

I heard the same thing. I don't know if that's factual or just AU fans expressing their wishful thinking.

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

Just b/c they delayed the vote, doesn't mean they can still vote on it this year...right?

I feel like the toothpaste is out of the tube and they'll all these kids eligibility by August 

12 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Just b/c they delayed the vote, doesn't mean they can still vote on it this year...right?

I feel like the toothpaste is out of the tube and they'll all these kids eligibility by August 

It's been said on this forum (somewhere) that a decision on the transfer rule has been tabled until 2022. Until then, the old rules stand. I cannot find anything current online that states the rule has either been passed or tabled. It's a mess, but I don't think it's going to be voted on this year.

On 1/12/2021 at 2:14 PM, W.E.D said:

I don't think it's as bad as you say.  We're brining back 3/4th of our starting secondary.  I think guys like Jay Hardy, Colby Wooden, and Zykeivous Walker are more 3/4 DEs than 4/3 DTs.  Probably missing that true nose, but I feel like our front 7 fits a 3/4 better than a 4/3

Our lineup has just been recruited for a 4-3/4-2-5 base since Bill Oliver coached the defense but SURE. Our current guys on the DL are much better suited for a 3-4 than what they were recruuted for 🤷

On 1/12/2021 at 2:16 PM, ScotsAU said:

I had the same concern, and voiced it on another thread. Apparently Mason has transitioned more toward 4 man fronts the last few years to keep up with modern offenses, and almost every defense is really a base nickel now since most teams are running 3-4 wr sets on offense. Besides, Steele’s defense was more of a 3-3-5 and 4-2-5 hybrid anyway. The buck position was not that dissimilar from a 3-4 style outside linebacker.

No. Its not the same. Whoever said that has seen a lot of overload or other pressure type fronts and thinks he has shifted to a 4-3. 

They are fundamentally different. We have recruited 1 gap DL since Tommy Tuberville. Bill Oliver was the last real 3-4 coach we have fielded. We will now be running a 2 gap scheme. 

Also as far as him transitioning into a 4-3 because of "modern offenses" makes absolutely no sense. Masons claim to fame was being the person to create the blueprint to stopping the Chip Kelly Oregon teams. 

Almost everything I just said comes directly from an article bird posted.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

It's been said on this forum (somewhere) that a decision on the transfer rule has been tabled until 2022. Until then, the old rules stand. I cannot find anything current online that states the rule has either been passed or tabled. It's a mess, but I don't think it's going to be voted on this year.

Here is the issue being shelved a few days ago. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2021/01/12/ncaa-president-mark-emmert-rules-nil-delay/6641152002/

Earlier today Emmert announced he still expects to move forward sometime this year

https://www.lakenewsonline.com/story/sports/college/2021/01/14/emmert-ncaa-expecting-get-athlete-compensation-issue-done-2021/4152965001/

I mean I did a search for "Mark Emmert Transfer 2021" and both were found in like 30 seconds

7 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I mean I did a search for "Mark Emmert Transfer 2021" and both were found in like 30 seconds

I didn't search for Mark Emmert. In any case, the rule has not been approved, Emmert's dislike to the contrary. I see no reason to think it will be approved this year.

It's very much like a banker saying "I think your loan will be approved".  Only a fool takes serious action on "I think".

26 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I didn't search for Mark Emmert. In any case, the rule has not been approved, Emmert's dislike to the contrary. I see no reason to think it will be approved this year.

It's very much like a banker saying "I think your loan will be approved".  Only a fool takes serious action on "I think".

The toothpaste is out of the tube.  I'd be shocked if they don't approve it.  It's still on the table.

3 hours ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

Tutt withdrew his name from the portal, and is reportedly staying, so thats one from the portal we got!

Can’t argue with facts!

5 minutes ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

Wouldnt be a bad get.  Apparently Tank is helping with recruiting him to Auburn.

Hoping we find someone to block for them or a Barry Sanders/Emmitt Smith tandem would have trouble.

Archived