2021 NR PWO OL Thomas Kirkham Commits to AU!

McLoofus

On 2/26/2021 at 1:23 AM, Tigerpro2a said:

Bobby Bouchette was the meanest SOB I ever seen play the LB position, and I believe he was a walk on.  I would have loved to seen him suit up on the plains. GOAT.

BB was a 3* and not a walk on.  If you are thinking of the ESPN documentary called Water Boy, they took some liberties and changed the story here and there. 

On 2/27/2021 at 7:19 AM, bigbird said:

The better the walk on, the better the scout teams. The better the scout teams the better looks and competition. The better the looks and competition, the more prepared the team is.  

A strong PWO/WO is imperative for future team success. I love that CBH is putting the necessary time and focus onto all aspects of building the program

This. And like Drake said, OL is really tougher to evaluate than most positions. Up north a lot of states don't have as many options as we do in the south. That's why Div III is so big up there. It's surprising how many of their walk ons and low star OL wind up being contributors of some type. And kicking our tails in bowl games. 

3 hours ago, Beaker said:

BB was a 3* and not a walk on.  If you are thinking of the ESPN documentary called Water Boy, they took some liberties and changed the story here and there. 

BB was a 30 year old walk on lol. 

Archived