MLB Moves All Star Game From Atlanta

Proud Tiger

20 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

systematic racisim is a system, governed by a set of rules or laws that disproportionately effects a certain race of people. 

Common claim of systematic racism   is black speeders who get pulled over at a higher % than white speeders.     
Of course people usually cite a study that claims that that white people speed just as much as black and they use this as concrete proof that systematic racism exists.  

Well,  not so fast.    How fast were they speeding (there is obviously a difference and threshold for officers to give tickets over a speed limit)  Does your vehicle catch more attention than the typical passenger vehicle,   Vigilance during driving  if you blow past an officer doing the limit  yea they will pull you over.    There are too many factors to point to one study to say that this is a clear cut case of systematic racism  and they ignore the fact that they were actually speeding. 

basically  in most claims of systematic racism boils down to  "I got caught doing something and i take no responsibility for my actions  so it must be racism  but i cant point to one specific person or action of a person  who is being racist"  so it must be systematic racism.    

im sure ill get some thumbs down and post offering no real evidence of systematic racism  but i dont care.      If there are real cases of this  i will stand with those affected  but i wont accuse someone of being a racist because they dont agree with me. 

Well that's wrong and stupid but do you!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

Must have missed the 11th commandment:   Thou shall not fail to identify systematic racism  

Long as you get to where you going! 

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

caught in 4k

Enlighten me about this phrase, please

12 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I think it's hilarious people have become more of protectors for people who get cancelled as opposed to standing up and saying no that's wrong we won't tolerate racism

What is the correct level of punishment for the people that are being cancelled?  Is losing one’s livelihood the correct response especially after a heart felt apology?  What ever happened to accepting one’s apology, but watching to see if that person changed his views?

19 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Well that's wrong and stupid but do you!

no more stupid than claiming you are a bad Christian and will be damned to hell because they dont believe what you think they should believe and you cant provide any evidence to persuade them of it? 

Stick to broadcasting  ESPN is a good place for you

5 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

no more stupid than claiming you are a bad Christian and will be damned to hell because they dont believe what you think they should believe and you cant provide any evidence to persuade them of it? 

Stick to broadcasting  ESPN is a good place for you

All that extra bs is stuff you just made up. But yeah watching your brothers and sisters get persecuted and you pretend that you didn't see it? Straight to hell. 

You just go back to being a slimy pathetic excuse of a person that's the place for you. 

14 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Enlighten me about this phrase, please

What is the correct level of punishment for the people that are being cancelled?  Is losing one’s livelihood the correct response especially after a heart felt apology?  What ever happened to accepting one’s apology, but watching to see if that person changed his views?

You think when a person like the papa John's dude is caught that's the first time he's said something? What about people like those policemen in Dothan that has been locking guys up for nothing for years? They should get another chance? While the guys that have had their lives taken away while sitting in jail get what? Oh they get to listen to a bunch of you say they are lying and they don't want to take ownership of being black?

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You just go back to being a slimy pathetic excuse of a person that's the place for you. 

Spoken like a true model Christian.   Jesus would be impressed. 

Why isn’t expanding voting rights a bi-partisan position? What was the motivation behind this rushed through legislation? Republican officials investigated and found no fraud to fix. What’s the actual purpose?

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You think when a person like the papa John's dude is caught that's the first time he's said something?

Probably not.  He claims he used the word in a discussion about Colonel Sanders and KFC.  I wasn’t there so who knows?  I would think content matters, but evidently not.  A reporter from NY Times was on a field trip and used the word as an example of racism and was fired.

15 minutes ago, cole256 said:

What about people like those policemen in Dothan that has been locking guys up for nothing for years? They should get another chance?

Repeat offenders for years are a different category, I trust they were fired and/or spent time in jail.

17 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Oh they get to listen to a bunch of you say they are lying and they don't want to take ownership of being black?

What does take ownership of being black mean?

10 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

Spoken like a true model Christian.   Jesus would be impressed. 

Speaking the truth? Absolutely. When did I say I was Christian? Oh I didn't did I? Just more of you jumping in running your mouth huh? Nobody was talking to you. Stfu

6 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Probably not.  He claims he used the word in a discussion about Colonel Sanders and KFC.  I wasn’t there so who knows?  I would think content matters, but evidently not.  A reporter from NY Times was on a field trip and used the word as an example of racism and was fired.

Repeat offenders for years are a different category, I trust they were fired and/or spent time in jail.

What does take ownership of being black mean?

Lol. A guy who talks about how white people would string up blacks in Indiana and he says he's been spending the year trying to get the word out of his vocab.....but who knows. Thanks for making my point.

Take ownership of black is a play on the words your friend used that you agree with. Systemic racism is just a term that is used when people can't take responsibility for their actions. Well the only thing they did was being black. 

You guys are hilarious. Hopefully the smart mouth tongue in cheek guys who think it's such a joke will run into the right people. It wouldn't be any second chances with me. I'd gladly break anybody's jaw that came at me with it

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Lol. 👌🏾 bucko

Cole,

We all have bias and prejudices because we are fallen creatures. With that said, I do enjoy your thoughtful and knowledgeable posts especially on basketball.

38 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Take ownership of black is a play on the words your friend used that you agree with.

I don’t believe any of my friends have said this in my presence.  Non the less, you seemed to have accomplished a lot in your life.  How has that happened with your point of view of others.

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I don’t believe any of my friends have said this in my presence.  Non the less, you seemed to have accomplished a lot in your life.  How has that happened with your point of view of others.

I don't understand the question

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I don't understand the question

You are a successful person that seemed to have a lot of drive.  How have you overcome *taking ownership of being black*?

19 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You are a successful person that seemed to have a lot of drive.  How have you overcome *taking ownership of being black*?

So I guess you still don't understand the taking ownership thing, but since you don't you might not should want to speak on it. 

As far as what I think you're trying to ask I don't really know how to talk about this as I feel like it's not genuine. It's like asking a person who was raped how do they still function as it makes getting raped not as bad as it seems. 

When talking about generations and generational wealth it's like when you talk about your 401k and compounding. 

Also my industry is one of the most racist you can find. I don't think I've overcome, I feel like I'm in the middle of a fight right now as we speak. 

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

So I guess you still don't understand the taking ownership thing, but since you don't you might not should want to speak on it. 

If I don’t understand; how do I understand better if you’re keeping it a secret.  I would guess it was a way to say *stay in your lane* or *you know your place, so don’t ever think you can improve*.  Is this close?

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

As far as what I think you're trying to ask I don't really know how to talk about this as I feel like it's not genuine. It's like asking a person who was raped how do they still function as it makes getting raped not as bad as it seems.

Your view of my question was not anything like what I was asking.  The question was meant to bolster your accomplishments, not bring up bad memories.  Now I know you overcame a lot to be successful.  Your view of the world is a lot darker than I had imagined, so it is impressive that you still succeeded in light of your biases or those against you.  Not all people are against you.  I hope you know this.

18 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Also my industry is one of the most racist you can find. I don't think I've overcome, I feel like I'm in the middle of a fight right now as we speak. 

I hope everything works out.  The world is changing, maybe your industry will too.

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Why isn’t expanding voting rights a bi-partisan position? What was the motivation behind this rushed through legislation? Republican officials investigated and found no fraud to fix. What’s the actual purpose?

The question can also be asked why isn’t a fair election a bi-partisan position?  Republican officials acknowledged there was not *enough* fraud to overturn the election, but still found the possibility of fraud existing and they would like to tighten up those areas of concern.

The actual purpose, I would think, is to have the voters believe the elections have the look of an election that is on the up and up.  

The pandemic allowed for a lot of new and expanded ways of voting which could hold a possibility of fraud.  They felt it was necessary to tap down voting rules in light of the new way America will vote. JMO.

12 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

If I don’t understand; how do I understand better if you’re keeping it a secret.  I would guess it was a way to say *stay in your lane* or *you know your place, so don’t ever think you can improve*.  Is this close?

Your view of my question was not anything like what I was asking.  The question was meant to bolster your accomplishments, not bring up bad memories.  Now I know you overcame a lot to be successful.  Your view of the world is a lot darker than I had imagined, so it is impressive that you still succeeded in light of your biases or those against you.  Not all people are against you.  I hope you know this.

I hope everything works out.  The world is changing, maybe your industry will too.

I'm on my phone so breaking up quotes will probably just lead to confusion. I did explain it to you but it seems like you didn't read it because you didn't acknowledge it. I'll say it again, one of the systemic racism doesn't exist guys said they systemic racism is merely people who don't want to take accountability for their actions. 

I pointed out the situation of the Dothan policemen as an example as to how stupid that is. 

So with a play on those words I sarcastically said they must have to take ownership of being black because they didn't do anything but be black to get falsely arrested. 

19 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

As far as being successful I'm lucky that I have a mind to understand the physicsbehind nuclear energy and I'm slightly lucky that you can't really bs anybody into giving you these jobs. You are going to be tested and held accountable and you can't hide. But even with that I was only hired because they literally wouldn't hire black people and after 12 years of it somebody said come on guys you can't be serious......

Needless to say I have to feel the ramifications of that. Even though I was more than qualified. 

I'm not biased against anybody. I'm not afraid to stand up even in the worst places. Or even on a board like this where the demographic will certainly lead to some people who are stuck in ways of the past. 

So some guys get arrested in Dothan and this confirms systemic racism? White folks been wrongfully arrested too. Give me more examples? Explain the fight you are saying you are in the middle of. I’m seriously asking. I’m not accepting “you just don’t want to understand it” anymore. The ball is in your court. 

39 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm on my phone so breaking up quotes will probably just lead to confusion. I did explain it to you but it seems like you didn't read it because you didn't acknowledge it. I'll say it again, one of the systemic racism doesn't exist guys said they systemic racism is merely people who don't want to take accountability for their actions. 

I pointed out the situation of the Dothan policemen as an example as to how stupid that is. 

So with a play on those words I sarcastically said they must have to take ownership of being black because they didn't do anything but be black to get falsely arrested. 

I didn’t see the relationship between *taking ownership of being black* and systemic racism.  Thanks.

33 minutes ago, cole256 said:

As far as being successful I'm lucky that I have a mind to understand the physicsbehind nuclear energy and I'm slightly lucky that you can't really bs anybody into giving you these jobs. You are going to be tested and held accountable and you can't hide

I choose a field for the same reasons as my being able to work was directly related to how I performed my job.  Meet or exceed that standard and you’re golden. 

36 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Needless to say I have to feel the ramifications of that. Even though I was more than qualified. 

I don’t know how long you have been at your job, but I would imagine the longer you are there and still meet the standards the more acceptance you will get.

We all have biases, not necessarily prejudices, but biases against certain people we disagree with.  Like this broad, people can be bias against a person even though they have never met them.

Thanks for the honest discussion.

On 4/14/2021 at 3:03 PM, I_M4_AU said:

The question can also be asked why isn’t a fair election a bi-partisan position?  Republican officials acknowledged there was not *enough* fraud to overturn the election, but still found the possibility of fraud existing and they would like to tighten up those areas of concern.

The actual purpose, I would think, is to have the voters believe the elections have the look of an election that is on the up and up.  

The pandemic allowed for a lot of new and expanded ways of voting which could hold a possibility of fraud.  They felt it was necessary to tap down voting rules in light of the new way America will vote. JMO.

We HAVE fair elections!

Do you really not see how disingenuous such as statement his?

Exactly how many fraudulent or erroneous votes were case?   What %?

There will always miniscule example of fraud or errors in any election system. That's inherent to statistics (reality).

But if you cannot see how Republicans are trying to "tilt" the system in the states they control -  hell most of 'em still claim Trump won - I don't know what to say, other than you are willfully blind to the truth.  :no:

30 minutes ago, homersapien said:

We HAVE fair elections!

There will always miniscule example of fraud or errors in any election system. That's inherent to statistics.

But if you cannot see how Republicans are trying to "tilt" the system in the states they control -  hell most of 'em still claim Trump won - I don't know what to say, other than you are willfully blind to the truth.  :no:

Welcome back.

On 4/17/2021 at 10:55 AM, homersapien said:

We HAVE fair elections!

There will always miniscule example of fraud or errors in any election system. That's inherent to statistics.

Where were you when things were being tilted in the Democrats favor? You know it's real.....LMAO! 

Archived