Harsin: Team 60% vacinated

mb711

9 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Alabama is the least vaccinated state in the nation and Auburn is likely not to meet the SEC's vaccination goal as a team so whatever Ivey and Harsin have been saying it hasn't been working out well. 

I too agree not enough has been done from Governors office. I truly see this as her responsibility. I don’t see it the same way with Harsin. I believe that should more fall to AG or the president relative to scholarship athletes (I don’t see a difference in football players or volleyball players). Obviously there is more economic risk with football players.

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

We need to stop trying to make up  'valid' excuses for stupid people who wont get the vaccine even if they are at risk for the virus.  We need to stop believing that a vast majority of people do 'their own research' and know what sources of information to trust and make informed, intelligent decisions about and ongoing health crises that the best minds in the world are having troubles getting a handle on. 

You're right. We don't need to make up excuses nor alter life for them. We should respect their decisions and move on. I don't concern myself with whether or not others abuse alcohol, or have unprotected sex, or skydive in squirrel suits on the weekend. This is America. Let people live in the way they see fit.

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

You're right. We don't need to make up excuses nor alter life for them. We should respect their decisions and move on. I don't concern myself with whether or not others abuse alcohol, or have unprotected sex, or skydive in squirrel suits on the weekend. This is America. Let people live in the way they see fit.

Sounds good, and I 100% agree with you when we aren't dealing with a public health emergency, and a virus that is continuing to mutate and spread...and hospitals are filling up again...and high risk patients(even vaccinated) need to continue to be careful because millions of unvaccinated, uncaring citizens will continue to harbor it, spread it, and keep it at pandemic levels. 

And we do care about others abusing alcohol when they get on the roads and drive drunk...we do care about unprotested sex when it's spreading viruses like AIDS through the population, we do care about skydiving if they are landing into our houses, or into our roadways. Our freedoms in America generally stop when it starts to harm or negatively impact others around us.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AUGoo said:

I'm talking about the vaccination. 

The disease has been horrible.

Let's do the M&M thing.  Got a bowl of M&M's.  177 million of the them.  At least 7,000 of them are lethal.  How many you want?

Don't eat the brown M&Ms.  Van Halen was way ahead of their time back in the day.  

See the source image

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Sounds good, and I 100% agree with you when we aren't dealing with a public health emergency, and a virus that is continuing to mutate and spread...and hospitals are filling up again...and high risk patients(even vaccinated) need to continue to be careful because millions of unvaccinated, uncaring citizens will continue to harbor it, spread it, and keep it at pandemic levels. 

And we do care about others abusing alcohol when they get on the roads and drive drunk...we do care about unprotested sex when it's spreading viruses like AIDS through the population, we do care about skydiving if they are landing into our houses, or into our roadways. Our freedoms in America generally stop when it starts to harm or negatively impact others around us.

Spreads to who? Who is filling up the hospitals? Who is it mutating amongst? The unvaccinated. Entirely. I mean, remarkably so.

You can't make the "impacting others" argument anymore. Don't be anti-vax. The vaccines work and protect those who feel the need to get them.

Don't frame this as if anyone other than those who have willingly taken the risk of going unvaccinated are catching covid these days. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Currently the stats show the odds of dying from Covid post-vaccination are about 250,000 to 1. For reference, dying by lightning is about 300,000 to 1. Being killed by a dog is twice as likely - 112,000 to 1.

Keep in mind, those odds don't even reflect health conditions. I am sure for a HEALTHY vaccinated person, the odds are even greater than 300,000 to 1.

Like I said earlier. If you want to go out and risk an STD with unprotected sex, I won't stop you. I also won't pretend it will affect me in any way. 

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Spreads to who? Who is filling up the hospitals? Who is it mutating amongst? The unvaccinated. Entirely. I mean, remarkably so.

You can't make the "impacting others" argument anymore. Don't be anti-vax. The vaccines work and protect those who feel the need to get them.

Don't frame this as if anyone other than those who have willingly taken the risk of going unvaccinated are catching covid these days. 

The longer it lingers, the more it mutates to survive. The more it mutates, the greater the risk to others, including immunocompromised who can’t vaccinate.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

As I read it, only the un-vaccinated will be tested.

why would that be though? My cousin has been fully vaccinated for months and just test positive for it this week. Getting the vaccine does not prevent you from getting the virus, it only lessons the symptoms is literally what the doc told him a couple days ago. If that’s true, why would everyone not be tested? Defeats the purpose IMO. 

Just now, TexasTiger said:

The longer it lingers, the more it mutates to survive. The more it mutates, the greater the risk to others, including immunocompromised who can’t vaccinate.

We never have and cannot in any practical way revolve society around the most sickly and immunocompromised. That argument needs to stop.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NoALtiger said:

why would that be though? My cousin has been fully vaccinated for months and just test positive for it this week. Getting the vaccine does not prevent you from getting the virus, it only lessons the symptoms is literally what the doc told him a couple days ago. If that’s true, why would everyone not be tested? Defeats the purpose IMO. 

It doesn't fully prevent you from getting covid but it absolutely, dramatically lowers your chances of getting it. I assume that's what your doctor meant. 

5 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Take a Vaccine that has been safely administered to millions including most top world leaders and doctors?  

🤣

Further emphasizing your point.....   BILLIONS  have been administered.   Over 2 BILLION and counting world wide.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

as many times as you have had to edit my articles i feel like we are family so it makes me proud to see it seems we are fairly like minded.................

39 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

but if someone carries from not getting the vaccine and they give it to another who dies what would you call it? careless? murder?bad luck? you should not be allowed to jeopardize anothers health unless you have proof of somekind the vaccine would do you harm. pass the biscuits warned everyone and i often wonder if someone got nasty with him about it.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

but if someone carries from not getting the vaccine and they give it to another who dies what would you call it? careless? murder?bad luck? you should not be allowed to jeopardize anothers health unless you have proof of somekind the vaccine would do you harm. pass the biscuits warned everyone and i often wonder if someone got nasty with him about it.

An unvaccinated person can only kill another unvaccinated person. Both of those people made their own decisions. Goes back to the unprotected sex analogy. You're consenting to those risks willingly. And it's your right to do so.

17 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Further emphasizing your point.....   BILLIONS  have been administered.   Over 2 BILLION and counting world wide.

For the sake of argument, millions worked in warehouses filled with asbestos without a second thought. Decades later everyone dropped dead from it.

We have to be honest that we simply don't know if there will be any longterm effects.

That can be said for a lot of things. We don't know the long-term effects of constant cell phone use, or eating processed foods, or how many aspects of modern life will affect us because much of what we use is brand new.

It's purely a guess to say it will or won't have long term impacts. 

• Facepalm 1

28 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Unfortunately, our hospitals and doctors can’t refuse  To treat all the unvaccinated dumbasses that stroll through the door and he upcoming variant waves are already starting to stress some Heath systems.

also there is a a correlation between the unvaccinated being less educated and poorer, so our Medicaid and Medicare system will be paying out a lot of Covid related expenses.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

An unvaccinated person can only kill another unvaccinated person. Both of those people made their own decisions. Goes back to the unprotected sex analogy. You're consenting to those risks willingly. And it's your right to do so.

are they not giving the vaccine to children under a certain age? i think you might have to be ten or older? i think i read that somewhere. i probably have it screwed up. my point is a five year old boy just died from the new strain and i posted the article in the meemaw thread in politics smack down section. let me say this. if you kill my grandson because you refused to try to protect everyone as well as yourself do you deserve to live? i would be sorely tempted to break the law.

• Like 1

Just now, CoffeeTiger said:

Unfortunately, our hospitals and doctors can’t refuse  To treat all the unvaccinated dumbasses that stroll through the door and he upcoming variant waves are already starting to stress some Heath systems.

also there is a a correlation between the unvaccinated being less educated and poorer, so our Medicaid and Medicare system will be paying out a lot of Covid related expenses.

That's the cost of a free society that values individual liberty. You're getting into a "mother knows best" authoritarian line of thinking when you view American citizens as lessers that need protection from themselves. 

It was that type of thinking that brought us prohibition.

PS. Complete and total lie our health systems are starting to stress. I mean COMPLETE lie.

and by the way a2win just for the record i am not threatening you or anyone else. i have no kids much less grandkids but i bet you this will happen in the future. i am almost 66 and fat and covid terrifies me but it has hit close to home and i can tell you the horror stories of the suffering folks went through before they pass. if i got that mess i would ask the hospital to put me in an induced coma so as not to sufffer so much.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

are they not giving the vaccine to children under a certain age? i think you might have to be ten or older? i think i read that somewhere. i probably have it screwed up. my point is a five year old boy just died from the new strain and i posted the article in the meemaw thread in politics smack down section. let me say this. if you kill my grandson because you refused to try to protect everyone as well as yourself do you deserve to live? i would be sorely tempted to break the law.

Fifty the odds of a child dying from covid are astronomically low. It does happen, yes. But CDC says states report between just 0.00% and 0.03% of all children's covid results in death. The numbers are somewhere around choking deaths per year, I think. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

For the sake of argument, millions worked in warehouses filled with asbestos without a second thought. Decades later everyone dropped dead from it.

We have to be honest that we simply don't know if there will be any longterm effects.

That can be said for a lot of things. We don't know the long-term effects of constant cell phone use, or eating processed foods, or how many aspects of modern life will affect us because much of what we use is brand new.

It's purely a guess to say it will or won't have long term impacts. 

There are long term effects already being documented in people that had covid.   Lung transplants to sterilizations, brain fog to death. 

What you are saying sounds logical,  but the more people that catch covid, the more this thing is likely to mutate.  It is already hitting younger people.  The age of hospitalization has dropped in the last couple months.   we had 2 children die from it in my state recently.

The more unvaccinated people there are the more this is going to start mutating into this...  https://www.wate.com/news/1000-breakthrough-cases-of-covid-19-reported-in-tennessee/

https://www.wate.com/news/1000-breakthrough-cases-of-covid-19-reported-in-tennessee/

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Fifty the odds of a child dying from covid are astronomically low. It does happen, yes. But CDC says states report between just 0.00% and 0.03% of all children's covid results in death. The numbers are somewhere around choking deaths per year, I think. 

you are absolutely right. i still fell bad for that child. my question is if everyone was doing things the safe way with the shots and masking would the child have died?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

https://www.kait8.com/2021/07/22/arkansas-health-dept-confirms-2-child-deaths-covid/

COVID  mutates.  

More and more children are showing up at hospitals.

Kids are more at risk now than ever.  

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

That's the cost of a free society that values individual liberty. You're getting into a "mother knows best" authoritarian line of thinking when you view American citizens as lessers that need protection from themselves. 

It was that type of thinking that brought us prohibition.

PS. Complete and total lie our health systems are starting to stress. I mean COMPLETE lie.

Breaking: Nation that imprisons among the highest percentage of its population of any other on planet, also bills itself as the most free and liberty loving. 

More at 5pm. 

Seriously though, every American lives under a very large number of federal, state, and local laws that dictate limits to just about every single area of our lives in order to help society function. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

There are long term effects already being documented in people that had covid.   Lung transplants to sterilizations, brain fog to death. 

What you are saying sounds logical,  but the more people that catch covid, the more this thing is likely to mutate.  It is already hitting younger people.  The age of hospitalization has dropped in the last couple months.   we had 2 children die from it in my state recently.

The more unvaccinated people there are the more this is going to start mutating into this...  https://www.wate.com/news/1000-breakthrough-cases-of-covid-19-reported-in-tennessee/

https://www.wate.com/news/1000-breakthrough-cases-of-covid-19-reported-in-tennessee/

Covid is actually much more likely to be come less virulent the more it mutates. From an evolutionary standpoint, it isn't good for a virus to kills its host. It has no incentive to mutate into a more deadly form.

It's probably going to go the way of the Spanish flu and just become more of a run of the mill Corona virus.

• Haha 1