Harsin: Team 60% vacinated

mb711

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

No you won't, because I've never spoken against this or any vaccine. My degree and subsequent research at Auburn dealt with the biological sciences. I know what vaccines do. I spoke against, and we argued about, the silly so-called precautions you were advocating about a year ago, and still think they are silly and not effective. Are you incapable of distinguishing between a vaccine and the shut-down of schools?

So you won't prove your claim from the other thread? Then I have the follow the lead of a wise man from back in the day

So they answered that they did not know where it came from. And Jesus said to them, “Neither will I tell you by what authority I do these things.

let me know when you are ready

9 minutes ago, toddc said:

Both of my elderly neighbors have been vaccinated a few months ago and have the virus right now.

Are they very sick or just feeling a little poorly? It's been said that even if a vaccinated person does catch the virus, being vaccinated will lessen the effects. Hospitalizations are not normally necessary for vaccinated people.

up. Would think the proper way to handle this as a coach would be to remind a player that if they get Covid they very well may lose their starting spot or be downgraded on the roster if another player steps into their role. Also remind them that they will be taking frequent covid tests and if a positive or even a false positive comes back they will be isolated from the team and others. Whatever other coaches are saying and doing to get team vaccination rates up to 90 percent is the approach Harsin should be taking. 

1 minute ago, shabby said:

up. Would think the proper way to handle this as a coach would be to remind a player that if they get Covid they very well may lose their starting spot or be downgraded on the roster if another player steps into their role. Also remind them that they will be taking frequent covid tests and if a positive or even a false positive comes back they will be isolated from the team and others. Whatever other coaches are saying and doing to get team vaccination rates up to 90 percent is the approach Harsin should be taking. 

NS message was relatively simple. Listen to the professionals but also consider your teammates and the goal at hand. Sounds pretty simple. No threats needed.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

So you won't prove your claim from the other thread? Then I have the follow the lead of a wise man from back in the day

So they answered that they did not know where it came from. And Jesus said to them, “Neither will I tell you by what authority I do these things.

let me know when you are ready

Hiding behind skirts is not unusual, but hiding behind Jesus's skirts is quite the accomplishment. KUDOs.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Are they very sick or just feeling a little poorly? It's been said that even if a vaccinated person does catch the virus, being vaccinated will lessen the effects. Hospitalizations are not normally necessary for vaccinated people.

The last number I heard quoted in news was 2% of people hospitalized were vaccinated.

• Like 1

According to the cdc myocarditis has been reported in approximately 1000 cases out of 177 million doses which is .0005%. With VARES being what it is, it’s not even pinned to a vaccine that they have the reaction. 

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

The last number I heard quoted in news was 2% of people hospitalized were vaccinated.

That's encouraging. 2% is quite low.

17 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Skied and fished just under the damn in Florence many times as a kid on TN. river

I fish below Wheeler a lot. Stripers and smallmouth fishing is great.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mikey said:

They are sick enough to have been given antibodies to help with it.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Hiding behind skirts is not unusual, but hiding behind Jesus's skirts is quite the accomplishment. KUDOs.

LMAO not a good feel huh? Be a man next time and not troll. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

LMAO not a good feel huh? Be a man next time and not troll. 

Newsflash: Just because you wish something were so doesn't make it so.

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

The article implied that the more education one had the higher rate of vaccinations within that education group (doctors vs. nurses/aides). I just assumed Doctors not only were more educated, but also had a higher economic risk by being locked out of a particular hospital. I thought the article assumed more education would drive higher vaccination rates. I simply came to another assumption that economic risk was higher in that particular vaccination group. Hope this helps explain my post.

I do better understand your assumption now.

26 minutes ago, shabby said:

Definitely possible. Also possible that they never got vaccinated. Felt stupid about catching the virus and now are telling that they both got vaccinated. This is the problem with anecdoctal evidence. Maybe it's reflective of the science. Maybe it's all made uo.

This is a ridiculous statement. Of course they’ve been vaccinated. I’ve lived next door to them for 30 years and there’s no doubt.

11 minutes ago, toddc said:

This is a ridiculous statement. Of course they’ve been vaccinated. I’ve lived next door to them for 30 years and there’s no doubt.

Think of it like this. Half of our Republican representatives refuse to state whether they have been vaccinated. There is a segment of the population that refuse to disclose or be honest about being vaccinated. My statement is about why this makes anecdotal stories not always reliable information. If you know them and believe them so be it. But would breakthrough infection research based studies be a better source on the reliability of the various vaccines than my neighbor got the vaccine and now has covid?

That’s the point of the vaccine though. There will be a certain segment of the population (elderly, immunocompromised, allergic, etc) that rely heavily on the population level control of the virus because even vaccinated they may get it and have a rough course. Luckily the vast majority of those vaccinated don’t have those issues. And the original version may not have been bad but as you see with delta they mutate and evolve. The next version may be another 50% more transmissible or lethal than even delta. Curbing them now reduces opportunities for mutation and spread. 

But anecdotal or actual adverse events will always happen. You have to look at things in the context of the whole at a population level for these sorts of studies.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Do you have data that supports it being safer for world class athletes under the age of 25 than the virus is? Do we know if this vaccine will cause issues 5, 10, 15 years down the road for any of these guys that could be earning millions in that time frame?

I seem to remember the talking heads losing their minds over Covid potentially causing myocarditis in athletes, now the vaccine causes the same thing and nobody seems to care? 

I'm young, healthy, and vaccinated for personal reasons. I'm also not a world class athlete. I'm not against the vaccine, but I'm also not for pushing it on our players who have virtually zero risk just so we don't have to forfeit a football game.

I don't keep any receipts, but I'd love to see how many people on this thread that are so upset that we could forfeit a game over not getting vaccinated were the same self-righteous ones last fall saying that "there are things in life bigger than a football game" when the season had the potential to be cancelled. Can't have it both ways. 

It is not about any age group.  Anyone that gets covid is increasing the chance of a mutation.

• Like 2

I find the numbers disappointing.  This is a team sport and when you make poor choices that affect the team, there is a price to pay.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ToomersRevenge said:

That’s the point of the vaccine though. There will be a certain segment of the population (elderly, immunocompromised, allergic, etc) that rely heavily on the population level control of the virus because even vaccinated they may get it and have a rough course. Luckily the vast majority of those vaccinated don’t have those issues. And the original version may not have been bad but as you see with delta they mutate and evolve. The next version may be another 50% more transmissible or lethal than even delta. Curbing them now reduces opportunities for mutation and spread. 

But anecdotal or actual adverse events will always happen. You have to look at things in the context of the whole at a population level for these sorts of studies.

The mutation of this virus is truly a threat and if a new variant emerges that eludes the efficacy of the vaccine then many many more will die. Will the unvaccinated take responsibility for this?  Harsins Pros and Cons to the vaccine statement is just so uninformed because the pros are a 1000 times more valid and imperative  than tbe cons

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, shabby said:

The mutation of this virus is truly a threat and if a new variant emerges that eludes the efficacy of the vaccine then many many more will die. Will the unvaccinated take responsibility for this?  Harsins Pros and Cons to the vaccine statement is just so uninformed because the pros are a 1000 times more valid and imperative  than tbe cons

yep,  and it IS mutating quickly.

actual headline today.

Illinois reporting six times more gamma variant cases than delta

The first case of Lambda showed up in texas a few days ago.

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner

11 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

It is not about any age group.  Anyone that gets covid is increasing the chance of a mutation.

The question I asked wasn't about mutation. I referenced a statement that the vaccine is safer than Covid for these athletes. 

• Like 1

Here's a link to the College football reddit where fans of team all around the country talk about college football: 

Lets see what fans of other teams think about this news:

Virginia Tech • Transfer Po…

Saban has not forced players to get it either, but he brought in three different experts to explain mRNA technology, how the vaccine works, and to talk to the team about the facts. The result is they are ~90% vaccinated and Saban believes it will get even higher.

There is also a degree to which Bama players are very committed to doing what it takes collectively to do what’s best for the team. Which was on display last year as well as they had very few COVID issues and never had a game rescheduled or canceled.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Cars-and-Coffee
Texas • Virginia Tech

Is it really a personal decision if it affects the whole team?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Ohio State • Dayton

Saban is already winning before the Iron Bowl takes place…

------------------------------------------------------------

Boise State

Saw this one coming

-----------------------------------------------------

Georgia • Oklahoma State

When they forfeit 2 games this year due to outbreaks they’ll be crying about how it isn’t fair

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Georgia • /r/CFB Poll Veteran

“It’s a personal decision” is the politically correct way to say you’re anti-vax

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oregon • Illinois

In other words, Bryan Harsin emphasizes he is an idiot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notre Dame • UCLA

The stupidity is enormous

------------------------------------------------

Boise State

Gov. Ivey lost her s*** and blamed unvaccinated people for the rise in covid in the state of Alabama. Football is a religion there, maybe coaches of Auburn and Alabama could use their platform to encourage vaccination but Harsin says deuces ✌🏼

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nebraska

Bryan Harsin: Dumb.

Boise State

Man, I have a high level of respect for Harsin but this is something else. Not the kind of leadership you want from your HC. Auburn fans are not going to be happy when you have to forfeit games in the season.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Texas • /r/CFBRisk Veteran

Alabama man proclaims “I am stupid!”

-----------------------------------------------------------

Baylor • Florida

Come on auburn I’m trying to like you guys

Iowa

Harsin comes of as really aloof. Maybe he's better in a different setting or inside of the football building, but it's a weird personality for a CEO which is what head coaches are nowadays.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wyoming • Boise State

I always liked Harsin, and defended him over a number of things his entire tenure at BSU. Thought he was a great coach and a better leader.

This, though....on top of refusing to disclose his own vaccination status/plans or talk about it in general with the team....is a big oooof for me. Not an example to set.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Here's a link to the College football reddit where fans of team all around the country talk about college football: 

Lets see what fans of other teams think about this news:

Virginia Tech • Transfer Po…

Saban has not forced players to get it either, but he brought in three different experts to explain mRNA technology, how the vaccine works, and to talk to the team about the facts. The result is they are ~90% vaccinated and Saban believes it will get even higher.

There is also a degree to which Bama players are very committed to doing what it takes collectively to do what’s best for the team. Which was on display last year as well as they had very few COVID issues and never had a game rescheduled or canceled.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Cars-and-Coffee
Texas • Virginia Tech

Is it really a personal decision if it affects the whole team?

Ohio State • Dayton

Saban is already winning before the Iron Bowl takes place…

------------------------------------------------------------

Boise State

Saw this one coming

-----------------------------------------------------

Georgia • Oklahoma State

When they forfeit 2 games this year due to outbreaks they’ll be crying about how it isn’t fair

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Georgia • /r/CFB Poll Veteran

“It’s a personal decision” is the politically correct way to say you’re anti-vax

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oregon • Illinois

In other words, Bryan Harsin emphasizes he is an idiot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notre Dame • UCLA

The stupidity is enormous

------------------------------------------------

Boise State

Gov. Ivey lost her s*** and blamed unvaccinated people for the rise in covid in the state of Alabama. Football is a religion there, maybe coaches of Auburn and Alabama could use their platform to encourage vaccination but Harsin says deuces ✌🏼

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nebraska

Bryan Harsin: Dumb.

Boise State

Man, I have a high level of respect for Harsin but this is something else. Not the kind of leadership you want from your HC. Auburn fans are not going to be happy when you have to forfeit games in the season.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Texas • /r/CFBRisk Veteran

Alabama man proclaims “I am stupid!”

Baylor • Florida

Come on auburn I’m trying to like you guys

Iowa

Harsin comes of as really aloof. Maybe he's better in a different setting or inside of the football building, but it's a weird personality for a CEO which is what head coaches are nowadays.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wyoming • Boise State

I always liked Harsin, and defended him over a number of things his entire tenure at BSU. Thought he was a great coach and a better leader.

This, though....on top of refusing to disclose his own vaccination status/plans or talk about it in general with the team....is a big oooof for me. Not an example to set.

Nah, we have fans that think forfeiting games shows our independence.