Harsin: Team 60% vacinated

mb711

28 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Btw, I'm driving a boat right now with my two kids and a cup of coffee while talking about pressing issues with people I talk to more than my own siblings. Best part? It's not my boat! 

McLoofus stole a boat! That's awesome.

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

As I read it, only the un-vaccinated will be tested.

This may be true, but would seem silly to me if the object is to identify those with potential to spread the virus ( my understanding is vaccinations do not prevent infection/spreading of virus).

4 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

This may be true, but would seem silly to me if the object is to identify those with potential to spread the virus ( my understanding is vaccinations do not prevent infection/spreading of virus).

A tiny percent of such cases have been reported but by and large the vaccinated do not catch and cannot spread the virus. At least that's what I've gleaned from news sources.

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Teaching his kids the right way

I damn sure would be interested when I was younger. Growing up on the west side of Florence you can probably imagine I've seen alot.....we never thought about stealing a boat. I can just see is riding up Tennessee River now.......lol

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

A tiny percent of such cases have been reported but by and large the vaccinated do not catch and cannot spread the virus. At least that's what I've gleaned from news sources.

That’s probably true but relative to Olympic information, they are testing everyone. Not at all sure if the contact tracing being done. Haven’t seen teams being sent home only individuals.

• Like 1

Hold on, am I getting punked? A supposed poster who was completely against the vaccine and masking all of a sudden is advocating we should be vaccinated after someone close to them got it? Who would’ve thought it 

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

The most auburn thing would be us having one of those Auburn seasons where everything goes right, we get to the playoffs only to have to forfeit because of COVID

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

Hold on, am I getting punked? A supposed poster who was completely against the vaccine and masking all of a sudden is advocating we should be vaccinated after someone close to them got it? Who would’ve thought it 

If you are speaking of me, please get your facts straight. I've never been against the vaccine. I got it as soon as it was made available to me. Family member got the virus back in July of last year, well before there was any talk of vaccine.

I have been against masking and some of the other silly extremes certain states are making/ have made their citizens put up with. Shutting down the nation's economy because of this bug was tragic.

We first discussed this back way before the vaccine was available to the public. You should know this. Unless, of course, you do know this and are being disingenuous.

Edited by Mikey

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

I got it as soon as it was made available to me.

You are one conflicting soul. And quite hypocritical at that.

Just now, DAG said:

You are one conflicting soul. And quite hypocritical at that.

I'll take a page from your mates in the Nest of Mice: Quote me where I spoke against the vaccine.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

I'll take a page from your mates in the Nest of Mice: Quote me where I spoke against the vaccine.

I'll take a page from Mikey

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice WELL. I AM NOT GOING TO PLAY YOUR CHILDISH GAMES ANYMORE!

How does it feel?

Being against masking but pushing the vaccination is the equivalent of being against hand washing but pushing the flu shot. It is ridiculous. 

Edited by DAG

3 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I don’t know anyone who think it shouldn’t be a choice. I think we’re all just baffled at the general stupidity and lack of care of people who won’t get vaccinated for a virus that killed 4 million people, worldwide in a year and a half. 

To be completely honest, I personally don’t really care if the anti vaxers get vaccinated or not. Those dummy’s can go extinct, for all I care. I just don’t want you peeps taking up resources in hospitals and ruining stuff for the rest of us. Like football season for example. 

Then we all need to be at the border demanding everyone coming in should be vaccinated and tested but that isnt happening. Gotta ask yourself, why is that?

Im not anti-vax as I said before, I got the vaccine back in April. I believe we will shut back down in the near future and football will only be part of the kicking and screaming for the things we cant have anymore.

4 hours ago, wcware said:

Your right. A quick google search gave me the answer

That story has been told wrong for years and a lot of people think they were injected with syphilis. They already had it and were denied treatment. That’s where the malpractice came into play

41 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

McLoofus stole a boat! That's awesome.

You sir, could work for CNN with hot takes like that!  Lol!

Edited by Tigerfinz

Just now, DAG said:

I'll take a page from Mikey

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice WELL. I AM NOT GOING TO PLAY YOUR CHILDISH GAMES ANYMORE!

How does it feel?

How does it feel, how does it feel?
To be without a home
Like a complete unknown, like a rolling stone~~~ Dylan

On the other hand, I've yet to fool you once so you owe me a search.
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

The vaccine is not 100% safe.    but it is safer than the virus by a long shot.

Do you have data that supports it being safer for world class athletes under the age of 25 than the virus is? Do we know if this vaccine will cause issues 5, 10, 15 years down the road for any of these guys that could be earning millions in that time frame?

I seem to remember the talking heads losing their minds over Covid potentially causing myocarditis in athletes, now the vaccine causes the same thing and nobody seems to care? 

I'm young, healthy, and vaccinated for personal reasons. I'm also not a world class athlete. I'm not against the vaccine, but I'm also not for pushing it on our players who have virtually zero risk just so we don't have to forfeit a football game.

I don't keep any receipts, but I'd love to see how many people on this thread that are so upset that we could forfeit a game over not getting vaccinated were the same self-righteous ones last fall saying that "there are things in life bigger than a football game" when the season had the potential to be cancelled. Can't have it both ways. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Both of my elderly neighbors have been vaccinated a few months ago and have the virus right now.

Just now, Mikey said:

so you owe me a search.

LOL not a nice feeling huh? When you provide the nest of mice as you call it the answers to your claims from the other thread then sure  I will do the same. But if you can't do that then I understands too.

The AL.com reporter said it all when he said the Greg Sankey is pushing hard for AU to get to their arbitrary number of 85%.  That the SEC won't let their bottom line be affected the way it was last year.  To the business of college football, this vaccine means more money for its cauffers.  I couldn't believe they said the quiet part out loud.  

6 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

That story has been told wrong for years and a lot of people think they were injected with syphilis. They already had it and were denied treatment. That’s where the malpractice came into play

If we are trying to rightfully judge responsibility, I don’t see a difference between these two.

36 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I damn sure would be interested when I was younger. Growing up on the west side of Florence you can probably imagine I've seen alot.....we never thought about stealing a boat. I can just see is riding up Tennessee River now.......lol

Skied and fished just under the damn in Florence many times as a kid on TN. river

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I will do the same.

No you won't, because I've never spoken against this or any vaccine. My degree and subsequent research at Auburn dealt with the biological sciences. I know what vaccines do. I spoke against, and we argued about, the silly so-called precautions you were advocating about a year ago, and still think they are silly and not effective. Are you incapable of distinguishing between a vaccine and the shut-down of schools?

6 minutes ago, toddc said:

Both of my elderly neighbors have been vaccinated a few months ago and have the virus right now.

Definitely possible. Also possible that they never got vaccinated. Felt stupid about catching the virus and now are telling that they both got vaccinated. This is the problem with anecdoctal evidence. Maybe it's reflective of the science. Maybe it's all made uo.