How We Can Beat LSU

Zeek

15 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Far from enough to win. Defense has to keep it from a shootout. Neither of our quarterbacks are throwing up 35+ in this game.

Talking points or passing attempts?  If the latter, they'll definitely throw it 35x or really close to it.

LSU scored 28 vs a terrible MSU defense.  They can't run the ball at all.  I'm a little bit worried about our pass defense.  LSU has had success with Max Johnson throwing the ball and they always have good WRs.  Can we finally get a pass rush, some pressure on the QB, and stop playing soft zones everywhere?

• Like 1

the biggest key, imo, is Bo playing a better game than he usually plays,especially on the road(although honestly Im not sure how much that has to do with it), against name and/or decent opponents.

If Bo has a Florida or LSU 2019 type performance, it's going to be tough to overcome that.  Because I think we will have a good bit of success running the ball(I mean hell look what UCLA did), but I doubt it's so much success where we don't need anything from Bo and the wideouts.  

I think Bo is going to have to have more of an  @Texas A&M 2020 type of game.  If you recall that game Bo didn't have great stats or throw for 250 or anything, but he did make a lot of timely throws especially on third down and his passing was a part of a couple scoring drives that was huge.  He'll have to probably do more in this game than he did in that game, but he's capable.  

I think if we get a Florida/LSU 2019 type performance though from Bo, it's definately going to be an uphill battle to win.

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

If I could knee cap their QB for the team I'd make that sacrifice /sarcasm

Err... AU also has a history of making backup QBs look like Heisman contenders, so... 

• Like 1

One of the talking heads - Cubelic maybe? - pointed out that LSU defended 88 snaps last week. As he noted, if we can get our play count up in the 1st half, it may start to tell on them in the 2nd. 

Listening to local swamp sports radio here, the Bayou Bengal faithful are growing very weary of Coach O. If…IF we can silence the crowd early, I think things will be bright. However, if they jump on us early, it could be a long night.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Listening to local swamp sports radio here, the Bayou Bengal faithful are growing very weary of Coach O. If…IF we can silence the crowd early, I think things will be bright. However, if they jump on us early, it could be a long night.

Somehow, even with both programs... uh... not at the top of their games, this game might be a referendum on each team's season and possibly even on a coach's tenure. Crazy how often these games- in addition to all the weird voodoo stuff- are cornerstones to the season, good or bad. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Somehow, even with both programs... uh... not at the top of their games, this game might be a referendum on each team's season and possibly even on a coach's tenure. Crazy how often these games- in addition to all the weird voodoo stuff- are cornerstones to the season, good or bad. 

And for the love of God, if we get a lead, please keep the f’in pedal down. No lead is safe.

And I’m tired of having ‘epic’/named games with them. How about a game called “Hey, rememeber when we beat LSU’s ass last year? Yeah, good times”. I’m down with that kind of name game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

My goal is to score more points than they do.  If we do that, I am confident we get the win.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

And for the love of God, if we get a lead, please keep the f’in pedal down. No lead is safe.

And I’m tired of having ‘epic’/named games with them. How about a game called “Hey, rememeber when we beat LSU’s ass last year? Yeah, good times”. I’m down with that kind of name game.

2014 was one of my favorite games of the entire Malzahn era. We beat them down last year but man, that was hollow. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

My goal is to score more points than they do.  If we do that, I am confident we get the win.

That’s a great plan. Need to forward that to Bobo!!

7 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Rush for 250

Don’t turn the ball over 

we should win

They'll be going all out to stuff the run because they know we wont be a pass threat, so if we can just beat them man for man up front and establish the run game then, yeah, I'd agree we should win,  

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

How about a game called “Hey, remember when we beat LSU’s ass last year? Yeah, good times”. I’m down with that kind of name game.

Also... #bandname? 

Man I swear just be patient with me I'll get it right eventually

• Love 1

19 minutes ago, AUStew87 said:

Gameplan around Tank, Shivers, and Hunter. More run calls, more passes to the RBs, more multiple RB sets. 

FOR THE LOVE OF GUMBO THIS

• Love 1

58 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

That’s a great plan. Need to forward that to Bobo!!

This is what Bobo will hear, "Throw the fade, throw the fade, throw the fade."

• Haha 1

Long sustained drive to quiet the crowd. 

Not an Xs and Os guy but the ones I trust say the DBs have to play more man and less of the zone that Auburn has been playing.  With all the talent back there its amazing Auburn has played so poor against the pass.

Having McClain back and possibly Pappoe will help get the Dline aligned correctly and stop the run.  

Need Moultry, Hall, Eku(sp?), Wooten in the backfield on a consistent basis harrasing Johnson.  

I really don't think it matters a great deal whether Bo or TJ starts as long as they don't turnover the ball.  Auburn has yet to throw an INT this year and this isn't the game to start.

If Tank is beat up then give Jarquez just as many carries and don't skimp on Worm either.  Jarquez whiffed on a couple blocks last week so maybe thats why he isn't out there as much?

This may be the most winnable game Auburn plays till Miss State so hold on.  

There are two things in the world that I am dying to see right now.

1 - For Dog the Bounty Hunter to capture Brian Laundrie.

2 - An Auburn win tomorrow.

• Like 2

We’re going to “party like it’s 1999” and “have a cigar boy you’re gonna go far “! Gotta derail the gloom and doom with some lyrics. 😝 

Edited by toddc

3 minutes ago, toddc said:

We’re going to “party like it’s 1999” and “have a cigar boy you’re gonna go far “!

You're gonna fly high,
You're never gonna die!